Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Registration Open Enrollment | Through October 6, 2024

Hi EGGheads! 

Happy Wednesday. A few of you have seen me commenting in feeds yesterday, but I wanted to officially introduce myself - my name is Hannah and I'm the new Social & Culinary Strategist here at Big Green Egg. The Forum has been the best resource for my husband and I as we start our EGG journey so thank you for all of your contributions over the years! I'm excited for the new adventures this role has in store.

I'm excited to announce that Warranty Registration Open Enrollment is now OPEN through October 6, 2024. Register your previously unregistered EGG and protect it with our Limited Lifetime Warranty; you must be the Original Owner of the EGG and have purchased it through an authorized dealer. Full details can be found on the Open Enrollment page but please comment any questions below if things are unclear. 

If you're unsure if your EGG is registered, head over to the Warranty Claim page, start a claim and our system will let you know what EGGs are registered under your email address. 

Thank you all for being part of the Big Green Egg family, we truly appreciate each and everyone of you!

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,670
    I followed the recommended registration procedure when I bought the current large in 2021. I took pictures of the 2 numbers and the receipt and filed online. So I should keep a paper receipt ad infinitum?Changing the rules doesn't endear the company to its customers. Similar cookers are made in red or black.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 12,003
    edited August 21
    What happened to our buddy @The_Buffalo ?
    Edit: never mind, just caught up with the other thread.
    canuckland
  • I followed the recommended registration procedure when I bought the current large in 2021. I took pictures of the 2 numbers and the receipt and filed online. So I should keep a paper receipt ad infinitum?Changing the rules doesn't endear the company to its customers. Similar cookers are made in red or black.
    Hey there! If you've previously registered your EGG, you won't have to register it again- the Open Enrollment period is for anyone who has not previously registered their EGG, is an Original Owner and purchased from an Authorized Dealer, and has lost their proof of purchase since purchasing. After October 6, 2024, a proof of purchase will be required again to register for the warranty. Hope this helps, let me know if there are any other questions! 
  • JR_Baas
    JR_Baas Posts: 24
    What if I registered with an email address that I no longer have access to?  Is there a way to change it to the correct one?
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 779
    @HannahGreeneEgg the reason I've recommend other options is the warranty process. Tough to push a life time warranty and make it a absolute hassle to use it. Just put in two warranty claims! 
  • Thank you for this.

Is the registration the same for us Canadians? I bought two Eggs, in about 2016 and 2018, respectively - both of which I have proof of purchase for. I never registered either to date - mostly, because the stamp inside is nearly illegible. Would appreciate any instruction. Thanks. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,855
    I followed the recommended registration procedure when I bought the current large in 2021. I took pictures of the 2 numbers and the receipt and filed online. So I should keep a paper receipt ad infinitum?Changing the rules doesn't endear the company to its customers. Similar cookers are made in red or black.
    Hey there! If you've previously registered your EGG, you won't have to register it again- the Open Enrollment period is for anyone who has not previously registered their EGG, is an Original Owner and purchased from an Authorized Dealer, and has lost their proof of purchase since purchasing. After October 6, 2024, a proof of purchase will be required again to register for the warranty. Hope this helps, let me know if there are any other questions! 

I registered in 2014 and just logged in and started a claim to see if my egg was listed and it was. 
    NOLA
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 897
    I started my warranty process over 9 weeks with my dealer. I needed a base and firebowl for a mini and a base for a large. Dealer screwed up and I only received the firebowl for the mini and a base for MiniMax (which Ino longer have). They then said they would reorder the two bases that I needed. Pictures of the bases were sent to them when I initiated the claim. Last week I followed up to see if the parts came in as it was 7 weeks since they said they were ordering the parts. I was told they needed pictures which is BS since they were already sent. My guess is that they are stalling until they placed another order; I believe the distributor charges $25 shipping per order no matter the size and the dealer did not want to fork out the $25. The other day I got an email stating they could not do the warranty due to the new process and I would have to initiate the process thru BGE. The process on the BGE was fairly simple and fast. One thing I did notice is that dealers can open a claim for the customer. I filed warranty claims in the evening and by 9:30 the next morning they were approved. Neither base was local, so they have to be shipped. Sent the approval email to the dealer so they can order. Hopefully the parts arrive shortly; within a week.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,122
    Mikee said:
    I started my warranty process over 9 weeks with my dealer. I needed a base and firebowl for a mini and a base for a large. Dealer screwed up and I only received the firebowl for the mini and a base for MiniMax (which Ino longer have). They then said they would reorder the two bases that I needed. Pictures of the bases were sent to them when I initiated the claim. Last week I followed up to see if the parts came in as it was 7 weeks since they said they were ordering the parts. I was told they needed pictures which is BS since they were already sent. My guess is that they are stalling until they placed another order; I believe the distributor charges $25 shipping per order no matter the size and the dealer did not want to fork out the $25. The other day I got an email stating they could not do the warranty due to the new process and I would have to initiate the process thru BGE. The process on the BGE was fairly simple and fast. One thing I did notice is that dealers can open a claim for the customer. I filed warranty claims in the evening and by 9:30 the next morning they were approved. Neither base was local, so they have to be shipped. Sent the approval email to the dealer so they can order. Hopefully the parts arrive shortly; within a week.

Was the shipping reasonable?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JR_Baas said:
    What if I registered with an email address that I no longer have access to?  Is there a way to change it to the correct one?
    Hey! Reach out to support@biggreenegg.com and they can get this changed for you so your account has an updated email on file. 
  • Thank you for this.

Is the registration the same for us Canadians? I bought two Eggs, in about 2016 and 2018, respectively - both of which I have proof of purchase for. I never registered either to date - mostly, because the stamp inside is nearly illegible. Would appreciate any instruction. Thanks. 
    A new warranty process for Canada is in the works, so stay tuned! The Open Enrollment process that's currently open until October 6, 2024 is for US only at this time. 
  • I followed the recommended registration procedure when I bought the current large in 2021. I took pictures of the 2 numbers and the receipt and filed online. So I should keep a paper receipt ad infinitum?Changing the rules doesn't endear the company to its customers. Similar cookers are made in red or black.
    Hi Hannah- welcome aboard. My egg is 16 years old- I have no idea if I registered it back then or not. I do still have the receipt. Should I go ahead and register it just to be safe? 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
    Hi Hannah- welcome aboard. My egg is 16 years old- I have no idea if I registered it back then or not. I do still have the receipt. Should I go ahead and register it just to be safe? 
    Morning! If you want to check if it's registered, you can visit https://biggreenegg.com/warranty-claim/, hit start a claim and type in the email address associated with your account! If the EGG is registered, it will pop up and, if not, then go ahead and register it following the Open Enrollment link! https://biggreenegg.com/open-enrollment/

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. 
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 236
    edited August 23
    not really.   

I entered my email, got the OneTimePassword, entered the OTP and then all my information popped up (name, address, ...) but no eggs. Just my details and below that a Submit button. When I clicked "Submit" I got a "something went wrong" message.

If the registrant is found, but no eggs listed, is that an error? should it be flagged as "hey, we know you - but we don't know your eggs!!"

Kudos for the MFA, but starting a claim to check registration didn't quite work,  or perhaps my 2024 egg didn't actually get registered when I sent in the serials last year.  I got an email saying I was registered, but who knows what is up in the mother-egg.

oh and the temperature gauge instead of the traditional spinning wheel or hourglass is a cute touch. I like it.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Canugghead
    zaphod said:
    not really.   

I entered my email, got the OneTimePassword, entered the OTP and then all my information popped up (name, address, ...) but no eggs. Just my details and below that a Submit button. When I clicked "Submit" I got a "something went wrong" message.

If the registrant is found, but no eggs listed, is that an error? should it be flagged as "hey, we know you - but we don't know your eggs!!"

Kudos for the MFA, but starting a claim to check registration didn't quite work,  or perhaps my 2024 egg didn't actually get registered when I sent in the serials last year.  I got an email saying I was registered, but who knows what is up in the mother-egg.

oh and the temperature gauge instead of the traditional spinning wheel or hourglass is a cute touch. I like it.
    Same here, if you have multiple eggs how do you know which ones are registered?
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,122
    @HannahGreeneEgg I am going through the motions. My egg was already registered in the system, sweet. snapped pictures of the broken bowl and submitted claim. good. Warranty was approved a few hours later.  easy peasy. 
      Select dealer pick up or ship. I select dealer pick up, put in my zip and it lists 2 dealers 75 miles (south) of me in Cincinnati with the part in stock. I try zips closer to Columbus which is 30 miles or so away, nothing pops up, so I click "show all local options" and alas Columbus dealers pop up with a (X out of stock) or Contact Store For Availability.
      So I essentially need to call the store, verify that they don't have the fire bowl and then try and convince them to order one for me because I was approved for warranty through BGE?  Is there a option to just ship it to the store?  I don't see this new system as beneficial If I still have to talk the dealer into ordering the warrantied part.   Also there is no option to price the shipping before committing (please note that your selection is final, and you won't be able to return to the screen once you proceed to checkout) to having it shipped.   
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• zaphod
    I would seem that if you ship home you'd get an email from the courier to let you know something is coming. So, if the ship is instead to a dealer, it should just go to them (and BGE would send a "heads up" email so that they understand why a firebowl was suddenly coming to them).

The dealer should not have to order the firebowl and you should not have to convince them to do so.

Advantage to them: you might pick up something extra while there (lump, thermo, whatever). Advantage to you: no shipping to your home which might not be the best place to leave a replacement part due to porch pirate or whatever. but your involvement with the dealer you choose for shipping should be zero other than "hi, i'm here for the firebowl that arrived here yesterday"
    ~~
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,199
    @HannahGreeneEgg

can you tell whomever that the “any questions” floating pop up on the bottom of your warranty claim
    and registration pages partially covers buttons we need to click - at least on iOS. Very frustrating. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 396
    zaphod said:
    not really.   

Same here, if you have multiple eggs how do you know which ones are registered?
    once you review your personal info, there is a button at the bottom that says "begin egg components claim." Click that and you should get a window like this showing the multiple eggs. once you check one of the select boxes, the "file a claim" button will light up and you can proceed. if you own multiple and are missing one, click the "register egg" button and register it during the grace period.

• Canugghead
    Thank you @EzraBrooks I'll take a closer look.
    canuckland
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 897
    Mikee said:

There was no shipping charge; parts going to the dealer. I got an email after completing the warranty process. The large base had to be sent to a dealer to be picked up (no other option), so I also had the mini base sent to the dealer. I forwarded the email to my dealer and they ordered the parts the next day. I am assuming the dealer is not paying the freight cost as that was most likely the reason for the delay in getting the parts 8 weeks ago. Perhaps this new process of getting warranty parts will work out better for those of us who have a low volume dealer who only places a few orders a year with their distributor. 
  • zaphod
    Mikee said:
    Mikee said:
    ... My guess is that they are stalling until they placed another order; I believe the distributor charges $25 shipping per order no matter the size and the dealer did not want to fork out the $25. ...

... I forwarded the email to my dealer and they ordered the parts the next day. ...
    this is the part that I don't understand as it is an unnecessary part of the process. The dealer should not have to order the part, BGE should just ship your replacement part to you *using the dealer address as an alternate address for you*

This is not much different than Amazon shipping to my business address instead of my home address. Having the extra step of the dealer ordering the part is unneeded.

Now, I'm not saying that BGE starts shipping random replacement parts to "bob's house of bbq" but that they ship to the dealer you specify. This is a dealer, and part of that should be the facilitation of warranty replacement by receiving replacement parts for customers. makes for a happy customer and good dealer/customer relationship.

When I opened my placesetter after buying my egg, i noticed a hairline crack in it. Took it back to the dealer who gave me a new one and said that they'd just handle the warranty return themselves. Guess which dealer I go to for BGE supplies? 
    ~~
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,783
    When I click on begin a components claim, all I get is a circle that looks like a thermometer that just constantly spins and the page showing my eggs never appears. Just the constantly spinning thermometer.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Canugghead
    Clause #13 in warranty info at biggreenegg.ca:
    13. VOIDING THE WARRANTY Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to an EGG will void the Warranty. This includes using any parts inside the EGG other than authentic BGE components; drilling holes or tampering with any of the parts; or using any internal components in any way other than as intended by the manufacturer. Modifying or substituting any internal components, including the fire grate and fire ring, will void the Warranty, and BGE expressly disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage which may result. The pouring of lighter fluids or any flammable mixture onto or into an EGG will void the Warranty. This practice is dangerous and may result in damage or injury. Please see Safety Tips.

Dumb question, can they deny claims due to use of aftermarket parts such as KAB?  
    canuckland
  • MaskedMarvel
    I just photographed the three eggs I have that weren’t registered (one of mine  was already NICE!)..

we’ll see how easy this is. I have paperwork on two of these eggs I registered, but would have to dig REALLY DEEP to find that. I’m hoping it’s as easy as they say it can be. 

Oh - and I didn’t find any serial numbers anywhere. lol that was a lost cause. One egg has a “55” incident, I noted that in the comments. 

What was your turnaround response time from BGEHQ?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    FOLLOWUP ——>

I posted the above at 1:06 pm today

i got a notification all three of my Eggs are approved and registered under warranty at 1:03pm…

TIME TRAVEL! :p   

Could NOT have been easier and faster. 

Thanks everyone!    @HannahGreeneEgg
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• zaphod
    Clause #13 in warranty info at biggreenegg.ca:
    13. VOIDING THE WARRANTY Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to an EGG will void the Warranty. This includes using any parts inside the EGG other than authentic BGE components; .... Modifying or substituting any internal components, including the fire grate and fire ring, will void the Warranty, and BGE expressly disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage which may result. ...

Dumb question, can they deny claims due to use of aftermarket parts such as KAB?  
    that is the good question - how do they define "any parts" and define "components". They expressly say the ring and grate, but does It mean the bowl? what about replacing the reggulator on the top?

It may seem a bit pedantic, but the [Jealous] Devil is in the details.
    ~~
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,784
    They only know about your accessories if you include them in the pics guys. 
  • zaphod said:
    not really.   

Morning! I would recommend going through the Open Enrollment process and re-registering them if you aren't seeing the EGGs pop up in your account when you go through the Claim Process. That will ensure you're in the system and your EGGs will be in the system moving forward. https://biggreenegg.com/open-enrollment/