Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamala Harris

JohnInCarolina
JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,288
Have at it folks.  

My expectation is that she fully gets the nomination, and then picks a Democratic governor as her VP.  I’m thinking Cooper, Shapiro, or Beshear.
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,671
    I think that she will end up with the nomination, for better or worse tbd. Beshear might be a good choice . In fact he would make a better president than Kamala. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,729
    Her's to lose.  Shapiro will be the VP pick.  Brings along PA.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,296
    please dont tell me the ending, im still on season 3 episode 20........
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,126
    Mark Kelly would help secure AZ, and be a good choice.  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,391
    Have at it folks.  

My expectation is that she fully gets the nomination, and then picks a Democratic governor as her VP.  I’m thinking Cooper, Shapiro, or Beshear.

If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve.  😁
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,509
  • Botch
    Harris has raised $81 M in the last 24 hours, an all-time record for either party; and with nary a trading card nor sneeker!  
    (and my suggestion of Mark Kelly, above, would endanger a seat in the Senate, something I didn't consider.  Wish that didn't matter, but it does.  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,961
    Quite the week on your side of the pond, then?

Earlier in the month we continued the grand British tradition of swinging violently to the centre, when given the opportunity to actually vote for a Prime Minister.  Given the unique approach to democracy we pursue, most often in recent deacdes the PM is picked for the nation by members of their own party, without recourse to public opinion.  

But look across the Channel and that result pleased very few fans of universal suffrage either.  Focus on the result and not the process, maybe?

About Biden's standing-down, the centre-left press are all about Harris, the right leaning are a tad perplexed what to say or do, but have taken few cheap shots at her.  The issue being that whilst they align with Trump ideologically, they don't like him - or at least can't be seen to condone his views about women and non-white people.  

What I have noticed is that when examples of US campaign ads are shown, they are much more visceral than UK political broadcasts. Ours are far less personality focussed.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Oooh they’ve got her now!

• JohnInCarolina

I seem to recall someone here wondering if this would happen.  Maybe @WeberWho ?
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina
    Current betting markets for her VP:

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,792
    maybe  Beto O'Rourke from Texas?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,851
    edited July 28
    loco_engr said:
     No way. He doesn’t bring anything to the table since he’s not in a swing state. 

Shapiro is a shoe-in. No way the Dems risk losing the Senate seat that Mark Kelly occupies. 
  • lousubcap
    Been on the Shapiro choice since Biden declared victory last Sunday afternoon.  Too easy for the obvious ability to impact the PA outcome.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    loco_engr said:

Shapiro is a shoe-in. No way the Dems risk losing the Senate seat that Mark Kelly occupies. 
    I was reading about the AZ thing and since the Governor is a Democrat, they would just put a D replacement in so they wouldn’t lose the seat.  
  • DoubleEgger
    loco_engr said:

I was reading about the AZ thing and since the Governor is a Democrat, they would just put a D replacement in so they wouldn’t lose the seat.  
    Fair point. I didn’t realize he had that seat until January 2029. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    loco_engr said:

I like Kelly (who doesn’t like astronauts?) but I still think Shapiro is the stronger play.  PA is such a vital state to win.
  • DoubleEgger
    loco_engr said:

I like Kelly (who doesn’t like astronauts?) but I still think Shapiro is the stronger play.  PA is such a vital state to win.
    I have had to rethink my position on this given what I know now about Kelly’s term in the Senate. I think Kelly might be the safer play given that he’s not Jewish. Israel vs Hamas is such a raw, emotional, topic for many people that it may alienate some voters especially in states like Michigan. 

I think Kelly offers the strongest contrast in character to JD Vance as well.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,103

People who really love their couches.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,103
    loco_engr said:

I have had to rethink my position on this given what I know now about Kelly’s term in the Senate. I think Kelly might be the safer play given that he’s not Jewish. Israel vs Hamas is such a raw, emotional, topic for many people that it may alienate some voters especially in states like Michigan. 

I think Kelly offers the strongest contrast in character to JD Vance as well.
    Don't count Cooper out as a strong counterpoint to Vance. Pitting the couch-maker state against the couch philanderer is a story that could have legs.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    If Harris has her say.....Whoopi Goldberg...
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Why do you say that?  
  • fishlessman
    Why do you say that?  
    Maybe Whoopi won't be able to take her job.....
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    Why do you say that?  
    To get a rise out of you… 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Why do you say that?  
    To get a rise out of you… 
    That’s my default assumption when it comes to most posts from @fishlessman
  • Botch
    edited July 28
    Beau had a particularly strong set of comments on women/couples remaining childless, today, and his blame rests elsewhere (I try not to post his videos here anymore, but this one was too apropo):  

https://youtu.be/TiCzD8VdWh4?si=eNlZuR37zSTdhFaL

- Lin Yutang

• lousubcap
    @Botch-post 'em up.  Good to get a broad perspective of issues.  
    Always remember the driving force, "When in power, stay in power."
    Hedrick Smith "The Power Game.  How Washington Works. "  Written around 40 years ago and still (and likely always will) rings true today.  
  • JohnInCarolina