Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awful & Sad News to announce

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,372
edited May 6 in EggHead Forum
The world lost a great one this morning. Adam aka Killit_and_Grillit passed away after a lengthy battle w some medical issues. I know it's been a long time since he made an appearance on here, but it still feels like he and his family would want y'all to know. He made quite an impression on the group in attendance at the NCBB meet ups and was always there to honor his fellow Veterans and defend the Army when the Navy guys would surface.
RIP, my friend.
This was hard news to hear earlier today.
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,428
    Options
    The “like” was a show of support for @Killit_and_Grillit. I remember him being quite active years back when I first joined. Condolences to all who were close to him. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,270
    edited May 6
    Options
    I only met Adam the one time at NCBB 2018, but we seemed to click because of the veteran connection. 

Was it Adam who put the shrimp under someone’s car seat, or was that done to him?

His family will be in my thoughts and my wife’s prayers. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,057
    Options
    I unfortunately never had to chance to meet Killit and Grillit but he was always a friendly contributor here on the forum. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers to his family and friends. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,722
    Options
    RIP @Killit_and_Grillit praying for the family.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,119
    Options
    Man this bites.  He was one of the funniest guys I’ve ever met.  Pretty young too.  F
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Options
    CTMike said:
    I only met Adam the one time at NCBB 2018, but we seemed to click because of the veteran connection. 

Was it Adam who put the shrimp under someone’s car seat, or was that done to him?

His family will be in my thoughts and my wife’s prayers. 
    He got a few crawfish out under the seat of his truck as retaliation for taking the Grateful Dead Flag hostage. He didn’t use the truck often, so he headed home from NCBB, took off for business travel while the crawfish did what they do to his truck for the next week….. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,836
    Options
    Thoughts and Prayers to his family , RIP
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    Options
    For any Nashville area Eggers that wanna pay their respects, there will be a service Saturday Time TBD. Grace Chapel Church 30279 Southhall road Franklin TN
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,553
    Options
    So sorry to hear this.. met him at NCBB .. such a great and funny guy.. RIP Brother 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,611
    Options
    To young and to full of life.
    My condolences to his family and those who engaged in his life. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,641
    Options
    RIP Adam, condolences to his loved ones.
    canuckland
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 709
    Options
    Never met him, but I do remember his presence on the forum. Seemed like a big personality. I thought about him in one of the threads asking who was missing. RIP and prayers for the ones left behind. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,108
    Options
    Sad to hear. RIP 
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,724
    Options
    So sad, he seemed like a great person, he brought great energy to the forum, I was bummed when he cut back posting. We will be thinking about his family.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,156
    Options
    RIP Bud 

A pic and story that will live forever. 

Very nice to me - my deepest love and sympathies 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,644
    Options
    Very sorry hear this for his friends here and especially his family.  Young kids, as I recall.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,622
    Options
    RIP Adam and condolences to the whole family🙏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,745
    Options
    I'd dare anyone to not be belly-laughing within 5 mins of meeting this guy. Felt like you knew him for years, even if it was the first time meeting him. Truly, a uniquely warm, friendly fellow. 

@thetrim - if there is a way to direct his family to this thread, they may like to see that he had an impact in the virtual world, too. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    Options
    @caliking Yes! I am going to send it, along with the pictures JIC shared, to his wife....
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,257
    Options
    Never met him in person, but he seemed involved in most the hilarious and memorable moments around this corner of the internet.  My sincere and deepest sympathies to his family and friends.  It is a bit dimmer around here without him, I can only imagine the hole he leaves for those blessed with him in daily life.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,119
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @caliking Yes! I am going to send it, along with the pictures JIC shared, to his wife....
    Steve, if there's an obituary at some point can you share a link to it here?  I think several of us would like to read it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,373
    Options
    Funny guy. Hate hearing this. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    RIP Bud 

A pic and story that will live forever. 

Very nice to me - my deepest love and sympathies 
    Bourbon Slushies provides many legends. Here are two of the finest examples, on display. 

RIP Adam. You touched many lives. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,270
    edited May 7
    Options
    The crawfish under his seat is what I was thinking of.

Adam and I had an in-person conversation about race/rascism in the military, and I replied that race didn’t matter, that there were two kinds of people:

- Either you can be counted on to do your job when sh!t hits the fan, or you were a sh!tbag, and would soon be bounced (at least on submarines). 

He sent a reply via PM that I won’t post as it may be offensive to some, but it literally had me LOL’ing. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,997
    Options
    Man I hate to hear this. So young and with such a beautiful family. Much love goes out to them in this tragic time. After reading all the stories on here over the years, I can only imagine the amount of joy he brought to his loved ones. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    BUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 374
    Options
    RIP Adam
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Ragingirishman2
    Ragingirishman2 Posts: 379
    Options
    I hadn’t met him but I had seen some of his posts when searching older posts. This forum is full of the best people and builds relationships that last a lifetime. It’s a great tribute to him for everyone sharing these stories. His family will be in our prayers. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.