Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT And away we go...Zoom/Speakeasy opening THURSDAY Sep 21st, 9 PM EDT-OT

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,554
    Depends on whether those who were outed (the term fits...) will show up but for sure the Buffalo definitely livened this place up at least in the short term with the strategic curtain drop. 
    I hope you are right as brokering that watering hole dynamic would be great fun. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    No small effort on a Bourbon cocktail (or more) evening to find this given the new forum lash up.  But victory-
    See all on Thursday 9/21.  Gonna be a great crowd. Lots of free flowing wisdom for sure!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I'll bring all of my free flowing wisdom. I'm bringing Beulah but she has no free flowing wisdom, so I might give her a little of mine if she kisses me on the lips just once. She has those come suck my face lips like in the magazines, so it's hard to pass up even though she sleeps in the bed besides me and snores like a screaming banshee. I should point out that, her lips are so moist all the time and mine are dry, I hope the kiss just before the event makes my lips look moist and not dry on the zoom.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,060
    Maybe repost the zoom link if you didn’t already DMs for password, I assume it’s the same 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Cut and paste from the initial post on this thread, as requested.  All to attract the crowd.
    "You will enjoy yourself however long you visit. Beverage(s) of your choice.  Level of participation your preference.  Just like enjoying your local watering hole and engaging or not with other patrons.  Everyone who has participated at whatever level has left with "value add."
    Reminder:  Politics and religion make up the third rail and are off-limits.
    Upfront thanks to @JohnInCarolina (aka The Chairman) for enabling this to happen for the entire time.
    Zoom site linked here:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373     
    Password is unchanged since inception (believe it or not, 41 months ago) and will be gladly provided, just ask.
    Lining up headliners now-
    Not to be missed!!!
    Cheers- Cap"

• lousubcap
    Bump to page one as a friendly reminder.
    "See" all on Thursday, 9/21. 
  • We’re currently in Canada (BC … dodging wildfires) so might be able to join.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• lousubcap
    @Stormbringer - be careful out there.  And that would be great if you could make it happen on the 21st.
    Is this all part of the sell me on Canada (the whole country) before making the big move or just a vacation?
  • lousubcap
    Just now finished a personal late night/early morning (EDT) training run to ensure I am ready for 9/21.  All systems go as of now and ready for the show. 
    First Speakeasy/Zoom of the year-give it as go for as long or short as you like.
    Place is clean, unlimited seating, drinks of your choice. You will enjoy yourself and learn something-that's a given.
    See all Thursday, 9/21.
    Cap
  • lousubcap said:
    @Stormbringer - be careful out there.  And that would be great if you could make it happen on the 21st.
    Is this all part of the sell me on Canada (the whole country) before making the big move or just a vacation?
    It’s a vacation …things have gone quiet on the Nova Scotia move for now. 
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• lousubcap
    Given the short porch of the main forum, I intend to bump this at least once a day.  All in keeping with the drive to get a record number of participants, for however long they visit.
    All are welcome-
  • lousubcap
    Less than a week away.  See all on the 21st. 
  • lousubcap
    Bump! T-3 days and counting.  All welcome.
  • lkapigian
    HeavyG said:
    You should open one of these up to ONLY politics and religion.I think that could be fun. 
    politics and religion and LUMP.

Beans in Chili
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    lkapigian said:
    HeavyG said:
    You should open one of these up to ONLY politics and religion.I think that could be fun. 

Beans in Chili
    I'm surprised the recent/ongoing "chili" thread hasn't broken oout into fisticuffs over that very issue.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lkapigian
    HeavyG said:
    lkapigian said:
    HeavyG said:

Beans in Chili
    I'm surprised the recent/ongoing "chili" thread hasn't broken oout into fisticuffs over that very issue.

My bad on that LoL 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 698
    Bump. Cap must be watching football.
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,032
    ahshitz, tonight was a football night and I've been watching cat videos.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    Ignoring Thermapen's tenths display.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Bump as we are one day out.
    Looking for password requests (via PM) for those who are first-time visitors.  You will not be disappointed.
    See all 9/21. 
  • Looking forward to it. 

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 698
    6pm PDT, perfect for a late happy hour on the west coast
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • @lousubcap can you send me the password at pbouch50@gmail.com?

• lousubcap
    Yep but I will send via DM  thru this forum first.  If that doesn't work I will go the email route.
  • lousubcap
    You should have the password in your forum email inbox. 
  • lousubcap
    In the interest of promoting the evening Zoom-
    With the exception of the third rail topics-anything is open and if you want to offer something to discuss where you are interested in getting opinions then this is the forum setting for that.
    Free-flowing and quite educational across the board.  To be fair, the later it gets the more diffuse any conversation may trend.  B)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,032
    My old desktop told me "Another application is using my camera" but the little green light wasn't on; also said I was the only participant.  Switched to my laptop, camera light came on, I saw myself, but no one else, ("Participants" said 3) I did hear very short snippets of audio, couldn't understand anything.  Sigh.   

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• lousubcap
    @Botch- you can access the Zoom site as you did but since the go time is 9 PM EDT then you are likely the only participant now.  I will roll-in  in around 10 minutes to open the doors,and ensure the beverage locker is ready to go. FWIW-
    I know nothing about voyeur cameras!
  • We have me, Frank, and Beulah on the call.  Can't make this stuff up.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike