Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

like that new masthead picture!

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,974
That's cool in a hot way!

Comments

• RRP
    Looks like I called it the wrong name!

Banner Banner Banner - if I practice enough I'll get it correct next time...maybe =)
  • I thought @nolaegghead got a haircut.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    At first I thought it was Rey Skywalker (nee Palpatine) feeding BB-8 a steak on Tatooine.  Then, I realized there was only one sun.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ah, the romanticism of the great American west.  Horses, chaps, the searing heat of an endless arid wasteland and a 40 kg grill.  Of course a woman to cook it for you just completes the landscape.

Huzzah!
    I love my eggs almost as I love my Jaguar.
  • RRP
    I just thought that "cow girl" was not only "hot" but like some of us here often will use our bare fingers to drop something into our blazing hot M/M egg!

NOW...perhaps a dumb question since I don't own a new egg with that newer "daisy" as we used to call them...I see her's is thrown wide open. Iffin I was going to reach nuke temperatures I would take my "daisy" off! Can you NOT do that with these new "daisy"'s???
  • Langner91
    You can take them off, but they open plenty far to get it nuclear.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    I love the new banner. It kinda reminds me of my third cousin Taloola. She was a naked artist, she would go out buck naked into the desert with nothing but a number two pencil and an easel, and she would sit there on the sand  and draw flies.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    1. That’s no cowgirl. She’s wearing a fanny pack. 
    2. Hope she had a cushioned cart to roll that egg camping through the desert
    3. That’s no cowgirl. She’s wearing pin stripes and not flannel. 
    4. This website is still missing a mobile version
    5. First time I’ve noticed this bullet list tab option
  • Is it perhaps shrimp on the barbi
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    Dyal_SC said:
    2. That’s no cowgirl. She’s wearing pin stripes and not flannel.
    Man I thought my eyesight had improved after cataract surgery, but I missed all that! Wonder if I can get a refund?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    RRP said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Man I thought my eyesight had improved after cataract surgery, but I missed all that! Wonder if I can get a refund?
    No worries, I've PM'd you a few websites that feature cowgirls with neither fanny packs nor flannel/stripes; you can reverse-pinch to enlarge.   ;)

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Call me suspicious, but that "Egg" looks like a Kamado Joe Jr. As it certainly would fit in with the color scheme. Certainly wouldn't want a green thing in a desert.....would be out of place.
  • RRP
    womaus said:
    Call me suspicious, but that "Egg" looks like a Kamado Joe Jr. As it certainly would fit in with the color scheme. Certainly wouldn't want a green thing in a desert.....would be out of place.
    D*MN! Now I KNOW I will demand a refund for inferior cataract surgery!
  • womaus said:
    I can see that the thermometer is spaced out from the dome. I’m not familiar with the joe dampener.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    No worries, I've PM'd you a few websites that feature cowgirls with neither fanny packs nor flannel/stripes; you can reverse-pinch to enlarge.   ;)
    Guess that’s why spam bucket alert keeps going DING DING DING
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Oh man, my uncle Wilfred got a spam alerts about his three dings too. He has three dings, which means his pants fit like a glove. 
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Uh, maybe its the beach?
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,013
    Langner91 said:
    I found the scene I was thinking of.

@Langner91 your comments made me chuckle - especially as we are headed to Florida to spend the weekend doing the Star Wars experience with my wife dressed as Rey.

And her maternal grandmother's maiden name was Langner.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Dyal_SC
    1. Why are they called fanny packs if you don’t wear them on your fanny but instead around your waist?
    2. Or in this case as a harness?
    3. Or is it a satchel when it’s like a harness?
    4. Maybe there’s a light saber in the fanny pack. 
  • RRP
    Dyal_SC said:
    1. Why are they called fanny packs if you don’t wear them on your fanny but instead around your waist?
    Oh crap! I hope I did not start this whole revolution when in MY OPINION...I said that I thought that (meaning SHE was) cool in a hot way!

At least it APPEARS that was the silhouette of a CHICK and not some dude holding a Bud Light 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Dyal_SC said:
    For the same reason some buy pairs of panties, but only single bras.  wtff.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    RRP said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Oh crap! I hope I did not start this whole revolution when in MY OPINION...I said that I thought that (meaning SHE was) cool in a hot way!

At least it APPEARS that was the silhouette of a CHICK and not some dude holding a Bud Light 

I'd say it is a she, even if they were holding a Bud Light.

Crappy 30 second photo adjustment shows clearly that it is a hip pack. Probably slung on the side for ready access to jars of seasoning for the meat.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Langner91
    Foghorn said:
    Langner91 said:
    I found the scene I was thinking of.

@Langner91 your comments made me chuckle - especially as we are headed to Florida to spend the weekend doing the Star Wars experience with my wife dressed as Rey.

And her maternal grandmother's maiden name was Langner.
    @Foghorn, Enjoy Florida! 

Sometime, I'd love to hear about her Grandmother.  My father doesn't remember his father due to WWII, and he immigrated here in 1951 when he was 11.  Any records of my family were likely lost when country borders were redrawn.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Dyal_SC
    Woman, hip satchel, and definitely on a mini max at the beach on the west coast. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041
    Google is telling me this is another picture of the same woman:

Hopefully we can obtain her name, address, and place of work here soon enough.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    edited August 2023
    Pretty sure it is this young lady.  Same profile.

Clinton, Iowa
  • That picture represents the way I feel every night when I light my BGE in the apocalyptic Texas heat. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RRP
    That picture represents the way I feel every night when I light my BGE in the apocalyptic Texas heat. 
    Maybe if you didn't wear your hair so long way down your back...just sayin