Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Sinbad

Sad to read she passed so young.  I always did like her music.  That nothing compares 2 U was a good one.  First time I seen a numbah used in a song title.  She was ahead of her time that way.  Now kids do that all the time on there phones and whatnot.  I didn’t like it when she tore up that picture of the Pope though.  Kids these days can’t do that cuz the pics are all on there phones.  But Dice was right she was a cute bald chick.  Gone too soon.  Unusual name though.  She won’t be forgotten.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,212
    The Sailors will miss him. 

https://youtu.be/eY62RfeviuE
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,064

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    You mean tearing the picture of the pope to shreds on SNL? The time she was protesting the Catholic church, and the Segsual Abuce of children in their churches by the clergy? That one?

She was definitely before her time.

Sorry, that was such a bother to you and those like you. Her struggle to get people to see the truth cost her mightily, and the crimes she wanted the world to see are still being committed and prosecuted every day.

At least someone cared enough about the children to have enough courage to speak loudly, and deliver the truth, and the cancel culture fought her every step of the way, with death threats, from celebrities, as well as the evangelical hypocrite, right wing fascists. 

Being woke has its cost, she paid dearly to stop a hideous crime.

Rest in peace Sinead O'Conner, thank you for your support of innocent children, everywhere who were /are the victims of these very disturbed people.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,508
    Did I miss something? Did Sinbad identify as a female lately?

• “Sinbad O’Connor…go”!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210

“Sinbad O’Connor…go”!

wow,   Estrogen, testosterone blockers, and progesterones  really seem to work

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,060
    edited July 2023

“Sinbad O’Connor…go”!
    LoL, Classic 

https://youtu.be/7SdIJimk-w8
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,218
    You mean Skinhead O'Connor?
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Sad to read she passed so young.  I always did like her music.  That nothing compares 2 U was a good one.  First time I seen a numbah used in a song title.  She was ahead of her time that way.  Now kids do that all the time on there phones and whatnot.  I didn’t like it when she tore up that picture of the Pope though.  Kids these days can’t do that cuz the pics are all on there phones.  But Dice was right she was a cute bald chick.  Gone too soon.  Unusual name though.  She won’t be forgotten.
    Purposefully disrespecting Sinead O'Conner's name...and here we go.

Nothing Compares 2 U-- acknowledging you admire a song preformed by a bi-sexual white woman, good start! But the song was originally written by Prince. A black man with an obscure sense of gender roles but incredibly musically talented. What 'ya think of that song now? I perceive that is just too much for you to take when you prefer to judge people like it is 1863, not 2023.

Incident of Pope John Paul II picture-- she was protesting the Catholic Church's history of abuse. Years and years of sexual exploitation of children and the cover up that the events did not exist. And, the hiding of priests that committed these crimes. Sinead was of the first to be outspoken about it and as much as you might not like it...in hindsight, no disputing she was absolutely correct.

Dice? as in Andrew Dice Clay???-- yes, women are very attractive whether they have hair on the top of their head or not. But men soon run out of humor when they can't find more nursery rhymes to insert four letter words into. So much for The Diceman.

Unusual name???-- Unusual how? Not found around the four blocks around your home? Or unusual in Dublin, Ireland were she was from?
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 104
    Check out Chris Cornell's version of "Nothing Compare to You". It's really good too.