Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Head's Up- National Brisket Day, Saturday May 28th-time to give it a go!

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Just saved about $100 using the code, lol.

Purchased a black brisket, two dry-aged steaks, and a pork belly.  Giddyup!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Options
    @lousubcap lol Yes, anytime I get up at 5 am to start an SRF brisket is a special occasion.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I ordered 2, arrival on or around the 28th. Will have to work on what I have in the freezers to make these fit.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    No further need for BP- Looks great.  I would bet against the "pleasantly surprised" comments as you have your process dialed in.  And that is the foundation for sustained success even with the audibles.  
    Midweek banquet with brisket-that is livin' large and well deserved!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    This coming weekend I'm gonna give the pork brisket I got from Porter Road a run based on this thread from 3+ months ago.  Figure a great practice run.  This one will be on the BGE while the actual NBD cook has to be on the stick burner based on the size as noted early on in this thread.
    Pork Brisket  
    Taking a swing at it.  Outcome TBD but a brisket cook is fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    This coming weekend I'm gonna give the pork brisket I got from Porter Road a run based on this thread from 3+ months ago.  Figure a great practice run.  This one will be on the BGE while the actual NBD cook has to be on the stick burner based on the size as noted early on in this thread.
    Pork Brisket  
    You’ve motivated me to roll with the Fat Stacks on NBD
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @lkapigian - you have the rigs to avoid the stick burner challenge.  And you likely aren't wrestling with the oversized challenge I am dealing with. 
    But I definitely welcome the company.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Shameless bump to page one.  
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Shameless bump to page one.  
    Got my Brisket Trimmings from last weeks briskets ready for Brisket Sausage 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,520
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Perfectly rendered!  That must have been as tender as tender gets!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Pork Brisket  
    Love to see how that pork brisket turns out and what you think of it.  I think saw a vid from The Mojo guy on You Tube.  It looked pretty good.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    My package has yet to arrive from the 5 letter carrier. Supposed to be here today. Things aren’t looking promising on the tracker. I’d hate to have to re-order
  • lousubcap
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My package has yet to arrive from the 5 letter carrier. Supposed to be here today. Things aren’t looking promising on the tracker. I’d hate to have to re-order
    The good news, if any is that it may still make it depending on the latest update, the better news, SRF will make it right.
    I have had a few exchanges live and via email suggesting they change carriers when the current contract is up.  I get that it is a business decision but wanted to make sure the five letter shipment hosings and reorders were included in the overall cost as SRF used to use the American three letter carrier.  FWIW-
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Frank, changed to “pending”. Pisses me off. 2nd order that will have to be replaced in the last 3. This one has 2 picanas in it that I was jonesing for. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Frank, changed to “pending”. Pisses me off. 2nd order that will have to be replaced in the last 3. This one has 2 picanas in it that I was jonesing for. 
    FedEx needs to be fired.  And it this tubes the thread, so be it!
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Oh man ... I once was on picanas for soo damned long .. that I was jonesing for a package with THREE in it. I feel for you, really. Once I learned to even SPELL picanas ..  I was hooked, like a giant red grouper with really, really, strong lips. If the groupers had lip strength contests,  I'd be somewhere in the upper tier for sure. Honesty, I've always felt this was my destiny .... to have the strongest grouper lips, that were also addicted to picanas packaged in threes. If your jonesing for a package of two, your grouper lips probably aren't that strong yet, so you can still get out maybe.

If you're not quite sure, come on over and we can compare grouper lips, using various ocean-based, feats of strength.

PS. I wrote this in clam based ink. 

Ybabpmuts
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    package arrived sub 50°, color me impressed
  • lkapigian
    Options
    I may have to call an Audible and use the Gravity feed, Ramon Ayala is playing in town , Not sure If I can tend the stick burner and go to the concert , but I will make something work
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Bump and Curious , what’s on your menus besides Brisket 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
    I got one locked and loaded, doing pulled pork, brisket and chicken. Already did this cook last week and I plan on doing the same thing. Turned out great. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Bump and Curious , what’s on your menus besides Brisket 
    Brisket and more brisket. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    I got one locked and loaded, doing pulled pork, brisket and chicken. Already did this cook last week and I plan on doing the same thing. Turned out great. 
    Those Primos are very nice, comparable and exceeds eggs in some respect.
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    I bought a medium bge as my first charcoal grill and loved it. Wanted something bigger and decided to go with the primo xl. Love the shape and that fact that it’s the only kamado made in North America. 
  • lkapigian
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    I bought a medium bge as my first charcoal grill and loved it. Wanted something bigger and decided to go with the primo xl. Love the shape and that fact that it’s the only kamado made in North America. 
    Did they move Mexico ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Going to pick up my brisket this afternoon.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va