Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bob's Best Pizza Sauce - What's yours?

Options
Friday night is pizza night.  Was whipping together the sauce that I use that you may like. No cook and simple.
15oz tomato sauce
6oz tomato paste
1tsp paprika
1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs dried oregano - you can go heavier on this

I use Bobby Flay's pizza dough recipe.  I pre cook the flat dough for a few minutes then pull and put on sauce and toppings.
Use stone high in the dome direct with parchment paper at 400 and you are good to go. Also found a super kitchen pastry mat on Amazon if you have to roll anything.  It is the absolute bomb.    FB

Milton, GA.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Looks good!! I’ll try that recipe.  I’ve been using Mids. Made this dough tonight using the biga no stress method from Vito on YouTube.

Love Vito!  His newer stuff not so much, but his older videos are money.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Looks good!! I’ll try that recipe.  I’ve been using Mids. Made this dough tonight using the biga no stress method from Vito on YouTube.

Love Vito!  His newer stuff not so much, but his older videos are money.
    Yeah, he's out of content. He spilled all the secrets and there really isn't that much to add to it once you have the dough, process and sauce. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thank you! 
    Over the years I have posted my pizza sauce recipe, but - my recipe takes a lot of time and effort plus I package it to make 14” pizzas.
    I have been wanting to make small 8” personal pan pizzas for our lunches using Mission brand soft flour shells, so your sauce recipe is really appreciated.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    @RRP This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to pull together and you can always tweak it a bit. It will easily make 2 16" pizzas so I put the other half in a ziplock bag in the freezer for the next time.  I then defrost it in the bag and snip off the corner and just squeeze it on the pizza. Easy Peasey.
    Milton, GA.
  • RRP
    edited April 2022
    Options
    flynnbob said:
    @RRP This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to pull together and you can always tweak it a bit. It will easily make 2 16" pizzas so I put the other half in a ziplock bag in the freezer for the next time.  I then defrost it in the bag and snip off the corner and just squeeze it on the pizza. Easy Peasey.
    I made your sauce today and then used some large dollops on 8" tortilla wraps to make personal pan pizzas. Your sauce recipe is quite good so I thank you! Then since I plan to use the rest of the sauce the same way I dropped 12 individual large dollops onto a cookie sheet covered with foil and placed in the freezer. Tomorrow I will seal them individually in Food Saver material.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    RRP said:
    flynnbob said:
    I made your sauce today and then used some large dollops on 8" tortilla wraps to make personal pan pizzas. Your sauce recipe is quite good so I thank you! Then since I plan to use the rest of the sauce the same way I dropped 12 individual large dollops onto a cookie sheet covered with foil and placed in the freezer. Tomorrow I will seal them individually in Food Saver material.

That seems like a lot of effort when you could just use ice cube trays.
    I have a few of these in various sizes:

The lids seal tightly enough that I don't worry about air/freezer burn for the few months I might expect one tray of "stuff" to last. They're flexible silicone so a cube will pretty easily pop right out.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:

The lids seal tightly enough that I don't worry about air/freezer burn for the few months I might expect one tray of "stuff" to last. They're flexible silicone so a cube will pretty easily pop right out.

Thank you! I never heard of them, but trust me I will be ordering some tomorrow! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    1 28 oz can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
    dash of salt
    dash of red chile flakes
    dash of oregano
    two cloves of garlic
    1 TBS EVOO

put in blender, pulse lightly

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    HeavyG said:

Thank you! I never heard of them, but trust me I will be ordering some tomorrow! 
    Just couldn't wait! so they are to be here on Wednesday! 

BTW @HeavyG you were the one who pushed my mind into understanding the value in going to AMAZON Prime and NEVER looking back!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    RRP said:
    HeavyG said:

Ooops...I should have included a link:

Their 1 cup size makes the perfect size block of ice that fits in my RTIC tumbler and lasts all day.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RRP said:
    HeavyG said:

Ooops...I should have included a link:

Their 1 cup size makes the perfect size block of ice that fits in my RTIC tumbler and lasts all day.

Actually I already have and use 4 similar silicone ice cube trays which make 24 huge cubes. In fact just tonight I emptied out all 24, and of course refilled those trays.
  • RRP
    Options
    dash of salt
    dash of red chile flakes
    dash of oregano
    two cloves of garlic
    1 TBS EVOO

Thanks, John, but the nice thing about @flynnbob’s  recipe was no blender to clean up!  
    Just a large measuring glass and a whisk! 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    Options
    RRP said:
    dash of salt
    dash of red chile flakes
    dash of oregano
    two cloves of garlic
    1 TBS EVOO

Thanks, John, but the nice thing about @flynnbob’s  recipe was no blender to clean up!  

i make it similar to johns but also grind up and add an inch or two of hard pepperoni from a local italian deli to the sauce. then you would have to clean the kitchenaide grinder as well. the ground pepperoni can be added to any sauce, you wont see it, and it adds another layer of flavor. i can my own san marzanos so no idea which store bought one to get. mine are packed with a little lemon juice so i just may be used to that over regular store bought which seem a little off to me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 82
    Options
    I use Rao's, sorry I'm lazy some times.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    RRP said:
    dash of salt
    dash of red chile flakes
    dash of oregano
    two cloves of garlic
    1 TBS EVOO

i make it similar to johns but also grind up and add an inch or two of hard pepperoni from a local italian deli to the sauce. then you would have to clean the kitchenaide grinder as well. the ground pepperoni can be added to any sauce, you wont see it, and it adds another layer of flavor. i can my own san marzanos so no idea which store bought one to get. mine are packed with a little lemon juice so i just may be used to that over regular store bought which seem a little off to me
    I think I am going to have to try this.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    Options
    RRP said:
    dash of salt
    dash of red chile flakes
    dash of oregano
    two cloves of garlic
    1 TBS EVOO

I think I am going to have to try this.  

its my secret ingredient for a vegetarian pizza
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it