Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Indian Tacos- better than TexMex?

Options
2»

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,439
    Options
    RRP said:
    WOW!!!

Different subject though - In that 4th picture - did you make that glass topped table with the base from a tree stump? Pretty cool!

Thanks Ron. That is way above my pay grade when it comes to woodworking. Im always in awe of you guys who can do those kinds of things.  My wife actually bought this on Etsy from a guy in the Philippines. What could possibly go wrong?!?! The guy actually delivered exactly as promised. It’s a teak stump that he turns into a table base. You tell him how big your glass is going to be and he sizes it based on that. It came out really nice. Looks awesome when all put together 

That is incredibly beautiful.  So the base was shipped all the way from the Philippines? What does something like that cost? It's stable (not top heavy when you lean in a bit with your elbows)?
    Thank you. It did indeed ship from the Philippines. Super stable and no issues being top-heavy even when leaning on it. It was not cheap but not out of line with what a good table would cost here. The freight basically doubled the cost of the base so a lot of the cost was in the shipping. 
    I'm sure it was a safe thing to do.  Followed all protocols, etc. But I just chuckled thinking about it.   Here in Michigan,  forestry,  DNR, etc are preaching to not move any firewood for fear of ash bore,  oak wilt, and lots of other things that are wiping out our forests. We're not supposed to cross town lines with firewood.    We have a check point before going across the Mackinac Bridge that you have to voluntarily drop any untreated wood you are carrying.  

Centex: hold my beer, I'm getting half a tree shipped from the Philippines! 

Love the table and the cook. Love Indian food! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The Ash borers killed 72 Ash trees in a 2 acre lot of mine. It’s been about 5 years since the plague, only the largest ash trees are still standing but they too are dead, I probably have another 30 trees to cut down and clean up that are in my in-laws blue grass.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    In Alaska there is basically one tree that is 95% of the forests, the spruce. I saw the spruce bark beetle kill hundreds of millions of trees, completely changed the landscape, crazy.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    In Alaska there is basically one tree that is 95% of the forests, the spruce. I saw the spruce bark beetle kill hundreds of millions of trees, completely changed the landscape, crazy.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    The Gods must smile upon you and heap good fortune upon your family with such an offering. Looks outstanding.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    RRP said:
    WOW!!!

Different subject though - In that 4th picture - did you make that glass topped table with the base from a tree stump? Pretty cool!

Thanks Ron. That is way above my pay grade when it comes to woodworking. Im always in awe of you guys who can do those kinds of things.  My wife actually bought this on Etsy from a guy in the Philippines. What could possibly go wrong?!?! The guy actually delivered exactly as promised. It’s a teak stump that he turns into a table base. You tell him how big your glass is going to be and he sizes it based on that. It came out really nice. Looks awesome when all put together 

That is incredibly beautiful.  So the base was shipped all the way from the Philippines? What does something like that cost? It's stable (not top heavy when you lean in a bit with your elbows)?
    Thank you. It did indeed ship from the Philippines. Super stable and no issues being top-heavy even when leaning on it. It was not cheap but not out of line with what a good table would cost here. The freight basically doubled the cost of the base so a lot of the cost was in the shipping. 
    I'm sure it was a safe thing to do.  Followed all protocols, etc. But I just chuckled thinking about it.   Here in Michigan,  forestry,  DNR, etc are preaching to not move any firewood for fear of ash bore,  oak wilt, and lots of other things that are wiping out our forests. We're not supposed to cross town lines with firewood.    We have a check point before going across the Mackinac Bridge that you have to voluntarily drop any untreated wood you are carrying.  

Centex: hold my beer, I'm getting half a tree shipped from the Philippines! 

Love the table and the cook. Love Indian food! 
    Ha ha- yes we had to jump through some serious hoops with customs to ensure it was handled properly and documented etc. We can't move firewood around here either. We have oak wilt which is a fungus brought into live oaks by boring beetles. It has decimated millions of live oaks in central Texas.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX