Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Indian Tacos- better than TexMex?

Options
Saag Paneer (spinach with homemade yogurt cheese pan seared in Ghee and Indian spices) 

chana masala (chick peas)

chicken tikka (grilled chicken kebabs) 

naaan-(see relentless naan thread 2)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Dude.  I’m so hungry looking at that.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    I've only had a couple of Indian tacos, and they were too large to fold and too "filled" to eat like a tostada or a pizza slice.  I don't buy them anymore.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options
    Oh. Hell. Yes!!

I know your chana, and paneer. That chix  looks on point, for sure. 

For the record, the other things should be called Mexican kathi rolls =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    To answer your question, most definitely not. 

Now, that looks absolutely amazing. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    To answer your question, most definitely not. 

Now, that looks absolutely amazing. 
    You might be surprised. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,784
    Options
    Oh heck Ya!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Very nice and a good finish on the chicken.  I've got some long flat skewers with a ring at the end, tandoori works well on a vent wide open Egg with the skewers suspended from the open top as well (use a sacrificial chunk of onion or potato at the bottom end). Saag Paneer is also good as a vegan option with chunks of spicy tofu.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,478
    Options
    I can't compare but that spread looks incredible.  Great cook and way to pull it all together.  Dang impressive.  Good times at the ranch right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    YES!

GET IN MY BELLY!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Looks killer man, love your posts great ideas there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,914
    Options
    WOW!!!

Different subject though - In that 4th picture - did you make that glass topped table with the base from a tree stump? Pretty cool!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Very nice and a good finish on the chicken.  I've got some long flat skewers with a ring at the end, tandoori works well on a vent wide open Egg with the skewers suspended from the open top as well (use a sacrificial chunk of onion or potato at the bottom end). Saag Paneer is also good as a vegan option with chunks of spicy tofu.
    I have those as well and have done that. I like the adjustable rug set up batter though. They all cook evenly and they are still able to cook without using a grate for max marinade retention. 
  • CPARKTX2
    CPARKTX2 Posts: 222
    Options
    Wow that looks amazing 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    CPARKTX2 said:
    Wow that looks amazing 
    It was. I just grilled the chicken and drank cocktails (good work if you can get it). The boss does the rest on Indian cooks. Always one of our faves. 
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I vote in Indian. That looks so good
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dayum fine looking cook!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    RRP said:
    WOW!!!

Different subject though - In that 4th picture - did you make that glass topped table with the base from a tree stump? Pretty cool!

Thanks Ron. That is way above my pay grade when it comes to woodworking. Im always in awe of you guys who can do those kinds of things.  My wife actually bought this on Etsy from a guy in the Philippines. What could possibly go wrong?!?! The guy actually delivered exactly as promised. It’s a teak stump that he turns into a table base. You tell him how big your glass is going to be and he sizes it based on that. It came out really nice. Looks awesome when all put together 

That is a cool table. Giving me an idea for an old walnut stump I saw down by the river.  Bet you get lots of compliments on it!
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    I love that!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    gmanrva said:
    I love that!
    Table or taco? 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options
    gmanrva said:
    I love that!
    Table or taco? 
    its the perfect taco table.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Definitely not but I'm sure these were delicious in their own right
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Who wore it better? Similar meal, different nationality

wagyu skirt fajitas, 50/50 corn four tortillas, homemade  black beans, salsa, fermented jalapeños. 

Bread, meat,  beans, veg

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    Bread, meat,  beans, veg

You left out cheese.

:tongue:  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Botch said:
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    Bread, meat,  beans, veg

You left out cheese.

:tongue:  
    True. There was cheese in both meals.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,478
    Options
    We have elevated to a Master's level issue.  I will defer to the experts.  For me, every offering looks incredible.  I would crush it all and likely fail to render a vote.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I still vote Indian.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    edited February 2022
    Options
    for indian tacos  would need some type of bhut jolokia salsa, or just the peppers. not sure a texan could eat that, i know those peppers have taken me out eating at a friends house years ago
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,525
    Options
    RRP said:
    WOW!!!

Thanks Ron. That is way above my pay grade when it comes to woodworking. Im always in awe of you guys who can do those kinds of things.  My wife actually bought this on Etsy from a guy in the Philippines. What could possibly go wrong?!?! The guy actually delivered exactly as promised. It’s a teak stump that he turns into a table base. You tell him how big your glass is going to be and he sizes it based on that. It came out really nice. Looks awesome when all put together 

That is incredibly beautiful.  So the base was shipped all the way from the Philippines? What does something like that cost? It's stable (not top heavy when you lean in a bit with your elbows)?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    RRP said:
    WOW!!!

That is incredibly beautiful.  So the base was shipped all the way from the Philippines? What does something like that cost? It's stable (not top heavy when you lean in a bit with your elbows)?
    Thank you. It did indeed ship from the Philippines. Super stable and no issues being top-heavy even when leaning on it. It was not cheap but not out of line with what a good table would cost here. The freight basically doubled the cost of the base so a lot of the cost was in the shipping.