Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dear Buffalo, BGE, and Santa

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    How about a button to block someone from pissing endlessly in your thread?
    Or just a MUTE button!  That would be amazing!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    my superpower must be being able to read a response stuck in a quote box and not being upset about it
    As I understand it, nobody is getting upset about reading these.  People are getting upset about getting stuck in a box.  

When was the last time you were stuck in a box that didn’t belong to Irma Lee at band camp?
    Only flutes belong in band camp boxes.  Duh.

Options
    A mute/hide button would be epic.  Or if a post gets enough dislikes it is collapsed and you have to cluck it to read it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Operation cluck on the cuck...
    Options
    A mute/hide button would be epic.  Or if a post gets enough dislikes it is collapsed and you have to cluck it to read it.
    I somewhat disagree.

The notion has a whiff of censorship about it. People should be able to post their thoughts, and show themselves to be the fools that they are. No matter which side you're on. 

Who thinks who the fool is, is, of course, subjective.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    caliking said:
    I somewhat disagree.

The notion has a whiff of censorship about it. People should be able to post their thoughts, and show themselves to be the fools that they are. No matter which side you're on. 

Plus why add an extra step for yourself?  You know you want to read it. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    I somewhat disagree.

I would agree if muting someone meant muting them for everyone.  But if it’s just for your own feed, for what you see?  Nah.  That’s not censorship, it’s just convenience.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Right...I just wish we had more/vocal antivaxer/qanon people on here...they're endlessly entertaining. 

Gladiator 48 Movie CLIP - Are You Not Entertained 2000 HD animated gif

Options
    caliking said:
    I somewhat disagree.

I would agree if muting someone meant muting them for everyone.  But if it’s just for your own feed, for what you see?  Nah.  That’s not censorship, it’s just convenience.
    Agree. I should have been more clear. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Right...I just wish we had more/vocal antivaxer/qanon people on here...they're endlessly entertaining. 

Gladiator 48 Movie CLIP - Are You Not Entertained 2000 HD animated gif

Right?  As it is, the closest we get to this is hearing about Hunter’s laptop.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I hear the flat-earther coalition are going to make a big push in GOP politics in 2024....  Seems legit based on recent history.
    Options
    I hear the flat-earther coalition are going to make a big push in GOP politics in 2024....  Seems legit based on recent history.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Bhopal cloud?
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    caliking said:
    Langner91 said:
    Wow, poetry.

If you click 'quote' and attempt to edit the quote, or to click anywhere, you cannot "get out of the quote box" to type your reply.

Sometimes, you just want to highlight part of a quote, or cut out a picture so it isn't so long.  

But, if you do not begin to type right away, you are stuck in the quote box and have to edit using html.

That's why many times a reply to a quote is contained within the quote box.
    This seems to be more of an issue with Android phones. Rarely happens when I'm using my iPhone, but happens somewhat frequently on my Android phone. 
    That's interesting. Android user here. There will be times where I start writing something and it kicks me up into the quote box and won't let me get back out. Even when I had no intentions of going inside it. 
    Same here. Usually happens when I fat thumb and try to correct, I get in the qoute box. This didn't use to happen or happen on any other forum. Android user here.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,568
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Make wink emoji more visible, to avoid misunderstanding like this ...

FS Smobot (divorced and selling all my egg stuff)

Canugghead said:
    Seeing all the BS here makes me want to sell all my egg stuff and divorce myself from this forum, can the Buffalo help?   Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    Why are reading this thread if you're bothered? The damn cook controller sold right away.
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,783
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ^^^^^^^LoL^^^^^

emoji love GIF by Ecard Mint

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yes, yes, we could use a heavy sarcasm font.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,177
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I use my sarcasm font all the time.  It looks like this: This is my sarcasm font.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I use my sarcasm font all the time.  It looks like this: This is my sarcasm font.
    The funny part is that you are one of the people on here who I often can't always tell is joking around or not.  But I suspect you like it that way, and so even if we had a legit sarcasm font, you just wouldn't use it.  Out of principle, or something.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The funny part is that you are one of the people on here who I often can't always tell is joking around or not.  But I suspect you like it that way, and so even if we had a legit sarcasm font, you just wouldn't use it.  Out of principle, or something.  
    I get the same reactions IRL too :)  I think it is part of my charm.  You are right though, I wouldn't use a sarcasm font, or I would just always use it.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I'm never sarcastic.
    Options
    I'm never sarcastic.
    Me either. Sometimes I err on the side of anal. But I’m never sarcastic. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm never sarcastic.
    Nobody “errs on the side” of anal.  With anal, you’re either all in or you’re out.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm never sarcastic.
    Nobody “errs on the side” of anal.  With anal, you’re either all in or you’re out.
    This thread can stop right here.  I think we hit peak EggheadForum with this comment.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited December 2021
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm never sarcastic.
    "Error on the side of anal" was my high school swim team's pre meet chant.

We drug out the anal part..."aaaaaaaaaaaaa-nal, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-nal!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm never sarcastic.
    This thread can stop right here.  I think we hit peak EggheadForum with this comment.
    I was going to add that nobody half-asses anal, but that felt a little too on the nose.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Make wink emoji more visible, to avoid misunderstanding like this ...

FS Smobot (divorced and selling all my egg stuff)

Canugghead said:
    Seeing all the BS here makes me want to sell all my egg stuff and divorce myself from this forum, can the Buffalo help?   Amazing a FS thread turned sideways so many different ways.
    Why are reading this thread if you're bothered? The damn cook controller sold right away.
    Whoah, deja Vu.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    On another forum the sarcasm emoji is an emoji holding a sign that has sarcasm written on it. No missing it