Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - So Who’s Picking Up the New YETI?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    $800. Yikes, for that price it better be solar powered cooling so the ice never melts. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Well… they are in stock, so…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I actually like it. It’s a bit out of my price range though. If it was in the 350 ballpark I would get one. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    I actually like it. It’s a bit out of my price range though. If it was in the 350 ballpark I would get one. 
    Just sit tight, the RTIC copy of this will be $350.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    $800. Yikes, for that price it better be solar powered cooling so the ice never melts. 
    How much is an equivalent-sized refrigerator, and generator to power it?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I have two.  One for soft drinks and one for beer.  Nice cooler.  Matches my Airstream.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    Just sit tight, the RTIC copy of this will be $350.
    I am hoping that is the case 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    i could wait for aldis to make one for under 50 bucks or just clad my aldis rotomolded one myself

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    It does look good, reminds me of the one my Dad has when I was a kid.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    xfire_ATX said:
    This! Except Coleman already re-made that one. Readily available at Academy 24/7. Bought my dad one 10+ years ago for a Fathers Day present. That’s back when $80 was a lot for an ice chest. 
  • I've had one for several years. These clowns with their $800 price tag. Pishh. Get on my level.
    Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    ColbyLang said:
    xfire_ATX said:
    This! Except Coleman already re-made that one. Readily available at Academy 24/7. Bought my dad one 10+ years ago for a Fathers Day present. That’s back when $80 was a lot for an ice chest. 
    Dang just looked up both Igloo and Coleman versions and they are sitting at $200, still a far cry from $800.  Memory says Dads was Copper not SS.  I remember the move from St Louis to Houston him putting freezer stuff in it and teaching me about dry ice.

No way SWMBO allows that in the house especially after fully replacing gas and electric lawn stuff with EGO batter powered.  Wait she mentioned letting College Daughter take a cooler back with her... hmmmmm
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    At the price I could buy a generator and an ice machine.
    I could pay someone to go get ice several times over saving on ice in this.  But I cant blame Yeti, its an ingenious way of helping people let go of $800 they didn't need anyway.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Yeti can **** right off. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    dbCooper said:
    Best cooler I've ever owned is metal clad, so maybe Yeti is on to something.  Question whether theirs is $790. better than mine.

A throw back to the good ole days. Two true American classics. 

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    I could pay someone to go get ice several times over saving on ice in this.  But I cant blame Yeti, its an ingenious way of helping people let go of $800 they didn't need anyway.
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American consumer.
  • SGH
    edited June 2021
    The only thing missing from that picture is a Weber kettle, a bag of Old Diz or Kingsford charcoal and a bottle of Gulf lighter fluid. That would sure enough be a flashback my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I've had a few Coleman lanterns and stoves.  Being a poor cheapskate, I always just burned gasoline in them.  Works just the same.
    I've had a few Coleman lanterns and stoves.  Being a poor cheapskate, I always just burned gasoline in them.  Works just the same.
    Back in the 70’s we used Texaco Fire Chief gasoline in them. The gas was white and leaded. Haven’t tried the stuff they call gas today. But I could see it working. 

Status- Standing by.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    SGH said:
    The only thing missing from that picture is a Weber kettle, a bag of Old Diz or Kingsford charcoal and a bottle of Gulf lighter fluid. That would sure enough be a flashback my friend. 

@SSG You forgot the lantern.  🙂
    Do I get docked points for not having Gulf brand?

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • SGH
    @dbCooper
    I was more than certain that you had the lantern to compliment the stove and cooler 👍

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    dbCooper said:

Do I get docked points for not having Gulf brand?
    No; Texaco has a cleaner taste.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dbCooper said:
    Best cooler I've ever owned is metal clad, so maybe Yeti is on to something.  Question whether theirs is $790. better than mine.

My friend served me from that Coleman tonight end was extolling its virtues. Stylish too. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Seems like it would dent and scratch too easily for a backyard cooler. Give me plastic all day, errday.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Yeti has come a long way since the early days , just a few folks had them on these BBQ forums… now they are everywhere. If only I believed in the stock early $$.
    Seattle, WA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Not me. I am on Yeti probation with the wife.  I’m attending regular meetings down at the Yeti Center. I got some nice sh!t though. 
    How is the rehab going with the Honda Generators?

You do have some cool Yeti, CI, Audio, shït and the best Bloody Maries too.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    It doesn't look very big for $800.