Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Michigan Wins!

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Another cruise missile strike!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    just looked at michigan stats, wow.  i just have to ask whats the bar scene out there now, only been there once and it was the most lax rules ive ever seen in any state. i remember happy hour lasted til 10 pm and minutes before it ended you could load the table up with 20 ten cent drafts to last the night or buy a couple pitchers of a drink called car crash, named appropriately,  served with a big staw.  i dont even know if the bars even closed
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    just looked at michigan stats, wow.  i just have to ask whats the bar scene out there now, only been there once and it was the most lax rules ive ever seen in any state. i remember happy hour lasted til 10 pm and minutes before it ended you could load the table up with 20 ten cent drafts to last the night or buy a couple pitchers of a drink called car crash, named appropriately,  served with a big staw.  i dont even know if the bars even closed
    This reminds me of a time when a couple friends and I visited Chicago for a White Sox and a Cubs game. We went out to the bars one of the nights and we started pounding beers around 2am before last call. After putting down last call beers or so we thought......turns out bars in Chicago close at 4am. Pancakes are almost required at that point!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Bars all close at 2. Chicago as @WeberWho pointed out has the 4am closing time. 

@JohnInCarolina what cruise missile strike are you referring to?  I checked top local headlines.  It's all about the royals. Our guvnah will be giving an update in 30 minutes
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ten cent drafts?  What year was that, fish?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said: 

@JohnInCarolina what cruise missile strike are you referring to?  I checked top local headlines.  It's all about the royals. Our guvnah will be giving an update in 30 minutes
    This thread had many more posts in it this morning, when (I'm assuming) the moderator came in and removed several of them.  

There are three levels of moderator intervention here at the Egghead Forum:

nuked: thread is deleted completely
    sunk: thread is untouched but no longer rises to the top of the forum
    cruise missile strike: selected posts are removed 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

We had that in the early 90's in Bloomington, IN.  Wed nights, dime beer night at the bird (bluebird).  $3 cover, 10 cent beers or 25 cent pitchers.  The beer was stuff you never even heard of, and was basically yellow water with low carbonation.  We'd drink until close and then go across the street to 'the vid' who stayed open past legal close.. they didn't care.  
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    edited April 2021
    Options

about late 80's, never seen so many skunk drunk people. to compare to here the bar i ran in a fraternity then was 50 cent drafts, i bought 22 kegs delivered by bud a week for thursday night and our cost was still 23 cents a cup including the cup. it made no sense to me at all. the blue car crash pitchers were all alcohol, they watered it down with blue curacao

well that 23 cents didnt count what i drank serving it, maybe thats how they got it down to 10 cents
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    kl8ton said: 

This thread had many more posts in it this morning, when (I'm assuming) the moderator came in and removed several of them.  

Thank you for the explanation.

Michigan. Is that the state where Oral Roberts has more victories over Ohio State than Jim Harbaugh? Makes sense.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    Summer of 2019 around 20 of us took a golf trip to Frankenmuth, MI and were delighted to find out they were selling $1 Rolling Rock all weekend! For a bunch of middle aged Canadian boys away on a golf trip it was like a dream come true! They also had the Bavarian festival happening at the same time. That was a good trip!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • BSR
    BSR Posts: 165
    Options
    Damn that's weak... Do we have to censor every corner if the internet?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    BSR said:
    Do you have an account on Parler?  I’ve heard anything goes over there.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    BSR said:
    Do you have an account on Parler?  I’ve heard anything goes over there.

Naw.  It's moderated like every picture board and forum in the world.

Just different bars.
    Options
    kl8ton said: 

Ha!  I did not know about selective removal of certain comments.  Seems very labor intensive.  Wonder why the thread is alive.  I assumed it wouldn't last the night I started it. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    It appears not to be labor intensive but programmatic.  My opinion based on what I've seen.
    Options
    It appears not to be labor intensive but programmatic.  My opinion based on what I've seen.
    Like keywords? Hmmmmmm.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Like keywords? Hmmmmmm.
    Dunno.  Maybe my imagination....maybe stuff with negative flags, but not everything, just a subset of the thread.

Options
    I was thinking about flags but JIC would not exist as a poster if it was only flag based.  Weird!  What other threads have experienced this?  

Our governor basically came on this morning and urged High Schools to stop meeting, youth sports to stop, and to stop dining out for two weeks due to the new surge.  Nothing extra was mandated.  She is looking for voluntary compliance.  Today is the last day of spring break in our area (K-12).  It will be interesting to see how this plays out as next week everyone comes back from vacation.  It seems as if 50% of my area went south for the week.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options

We had that in the early 90's in Bloomington, IN.  Wed nights, dime beer night at the bird (bluebird).  $3 cover, 10 cent beers or 25 cent pitchers.  The beer was stuff you never even heard of, and was basically yellow water with low carbonation.  We'd drink until close and then go across the street to 'the vid' who stayed open past legal close.. they didn't care.  
    Reminds me of the 3.2% beer that we used to buy in KC,KS. The popular saying was "JOIN the PISTOL CLUB...drink til 12 piss til 2"
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    kl8ton said: 

Yea wow, I had one message here & my post is just GONE - no curse words, just said “I will never understand the outrage over masks” just disturbing how specific ones vanish & others stay.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    NDG said:
    kl8ton said: 

Yea wow, I had one message here & my post is just GONE - no curse words, just said “I will never understand the outrage over masks” just disturbing how specific ones vanish & others stay.
    Ohh, I also and trashed the “no mask is my right / liberty” BS . . My wife is an attorney & always annoyed with ppl fail to understand the constitution does not give a person rights (esp since most situations happen on private property) the constitution only restricts the government from  prohibiting us certain rights / liberties etc.  

maybe that was the one that got it yanked?  Anyway the selective cruise missile post zapper got me.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Governors top aide heads top Florida while one family member stays behind with Covid.

https://www.newsweek.com/gretchen-whitmers-office-pushes-back-after-report-that-aide-posted-facebook-pics-fl-beach-1582621
    Grand Rapids MI
  • BSR
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Just like the rest of the libs. Do as we say, not as we do.

On editing; selective editing is just wrong, there is no justification other than lewd comments. If the thread doesn't fit the forum delete it. Don't add to the already China style censorship that is the social medial world these days.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    I’m sure Florida appreciates the exposure.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’m sure Florida appreciates the exposure.
    Anything to stop the Matt Gaetz bleeding.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    BSR said:

On editing; selective editing is just wrong, there is no justification other than lewd comments. If the thread doesn't fit the forum delete it. Don't add to the already China style censorship that is the social medial world these days.
    You on 8chan?
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited April 2021
    Options
    BSR said:

“Do as we say, not as we do” is a lib thing?

you red hats have a lot of divorced, aborting, child-molesting, tax-cheating, utterly un-religious types in your midst. 

Hypocrisy isn’t owned by any one party. 

Clean your house before you take the high road. 

The most hypocritical people tend to sing loudest at church. 

And if you think this site is run by libs, you haven’t been paying attention. 

• BSR
    edited April 2021
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    BSR said:

you red hats have a lot of divorced, aborting, child-molesting, tax-cheating, utterly un-religious types in your midst. 

Fair enough should have said I'm a libertarian. Plenty of republican s**theads out there as well. As far as I'm concerned if you're paid by taxes you can f*** off.

That said liberals are waaaaay worse these days. This is from someone who voted for Obama his first term. Republicans aren't the ones putting my friends out of work with the worthless restrictions while they ignore them though.

I know that edit was liberal like most are. Can't say I know who runs the site. 

"Most hypocritical sing the loudest"... All I want to do is leave you alone. Too much to ask for the same in return?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    BSR said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    BSR said:

Fair enough should have said I'm a libertarian. Plenty of republican s**theads out there as well. As far as I'm concerned if you're paid by taxes you can f*** off.

So... anyone in the military then?