Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Festivus!

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    People who would rather criticize than gain an actual understanding of an issue.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited December 2020
    Drivers who are clueless at an intersection or drive through nonstop when traffic lights are out  =)
    canuckland
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    People that tailgate you @10 over then will not pass you when you pull in the right lane.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Langner91 said:
    What is it with the people who walk into the grocery store, get their cart, and then STOP directly in the flow of traffic so no one else can get into the store?
    I'm looking at three list my wife sent me!  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • People who are shopping by remote control. You know the ones wandering the store with their cell glued in the door and saying "Yes dear. With or without wings?". They tend to either stop in traffic or ram your legs.

People who change their baby in the Walmart parking lot and either leave the full diaper in a shopping cart or on the asphalt for someone to either step on or run over.

People who don't put their shopping cart in the corral after they get through loading their Sandcrawler with their little Jawahs.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I religiously wheel my cart to the car corral.  Unless they are rude to me.  Then I will wheel it to the furthest corner of their parking lot.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    I religiously wheel my cart to the car corral.  Unless they are rude to me.  Then I will wheel it to the furthest corner of their parking lot.
    So you’re the guy!

I take them home and make grills out of them.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    So you’re the guy!

Well, we all know you're a hillbilly at heart... ;)

So you’re the guy!

I am a unicorn. A genuine born and bred NC redneck libtard.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    JRWhitee said:
    Guests who over fill their plate up with food only to eat half of what they took. 🤬
    First part of that had me going.......
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Speaking of unicorns......

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • I can remember when stores paid teenage kids to shag shopping carts. 

Then they stopped hiring them and put up a corral for the carts to be returned to. 

And suddenly it’s our job, or we’re *ssholes. 

How about some entry level jobs again

I used to shag wagons, and we used to see who could push the most. 

I’m done shagging them. If the store manager doesn’t want to hire a kid, let him shag them

For his convenience, I’ll leave it at the inside corner of the parking spot, with no danger of anyone hitting them. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Here some smaller stores use carts that need a loonie to release, to incentivise it's return. Big retailers and grocery chains dont do that and you see errand carts. Where it's inconvenient to return, I would drop it on the side or pull the front wheels over some curb, to prevent it from rolling. When parking, I avoid low spots to reduce chance of gravity pulling errand carts into my ride.
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    So you’re the guy!

(Hates being a unicorn...hooves suck at the shooting range)
    So it seems like driving/turning, shopping carts and shopping are leasing the pack here tonight. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    edited December 2020
    People that tailgate you @10 over then will not pass you when you pull in the right lane.
    How about the ones who block the left lane and then speed up when you try to go around them?
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    All the scalpers and scammers who are buying all the Xbox Series X consoles to flip on Ebay preventing those of us who just want to enjoy one from getting one
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Just one question. Is it still understood to move to the right if there is an emergency vehicle with light and sirens going? 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Just one question. Is it still understood to move to the right if there is an emergency vehicle with light and sirens going? 
    I’ve seen a lot of poor execution of this in recent years.  My wife gets to listen to me gripe about this. Even saw a guy tailgating an ambulance a few months ago like a lead blocker. What is wrong with people.
  • nolaegghead
    stv8r said:
    All the scalpers and scammers who are buying all the Xbox Series X consoles to flip on Ebay preventing those of us who just want to enjoy one from getting one
    Capitalism. 
    Just one question. Is it still understood to move to the right if there is an emergency vehicle with light and sirens going? 
    Mostly.  I was driving home today and an ambulance was behind us with full lights and siren blaring.  All the cars merged into the right lane except a beat-up old pickup truck.  It slowed down and blocked the left lane (even tho everyone gave this truck a huge gap to merge into).  The ambulance rode his ass honking for about 15 seconds, which seemed like an eternity at the time, before finally moving over.  I'm sure everyone who witnessed this was wondering what the hell....
    Maybe if the law could mount cameras on them and send tickets people would learn the hard way.  Driver etiquette in the US is piss poor compared to Europe, biggest difference besides the culture is enforcement and the driving test is much harder (you have to learn a billion symbolic signs).
    If you drive in the left lane on the autobahn everyone trolls you and you are likely to get a ticket, often with a progressive fine.
    PigBeanUs said:
    I can remember when stores paid teenage kids to shag shopping carts. 

Then they stopped hiring them and put up a corral for the carts to be returned to. 

I remember going shopping with my mom when those teenage kids bagged and loaded the cart at the cashier's register, pushed it to her car, transferred the bags to the trunk and returned the cart to the store. Late 50s maybe? 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• frazzdaddy
    PigBeanUs said:

I remember going shopping with my mom when those teenage kids bagged and loaded the cart at the cashier's register, pushed it to her car, transferred the bags to the trunk and returned the cart to the store. Late 50s maybe? 
    Early 70s in my hometown
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    PigBeanUs said:

Definitely late 40s.