Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @saluki2007

Amazing. Congrats. That’s a lot of space. Where are you located? Are you a farmer?
    We are in central IL. I personally don’t farm but my FIL and two of my wife’s cousins do. They will be farming it for us. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Just closed on our second purchase of farm ground. That puts us over 450 acres in total. 
    Awesome thank you for this!    Keep feeding America.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    bbracey21 said:
    Solostove Bonfire 2.0 (stock pic off their website). They’re running 40% off on fire pits right now. Couple buddies have been raving about them. Mine’s to be delivered midweek, just in time for the cooler weather. 
    Wow, they have it sitting on a deck and by the rails as well. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @saluki2007 - and here we sweat about a house and some minor landgrab in suburbia.  Congrats as I know you planned and executed this in fine fashion.  
    Winter fallow discount?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @saluki2007 that is amazing he with the most land rules!  You could sideline with that kind of land.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TechsasJim
    Options
    @saluki2007

great grab—God is not making any more land.  

What are your people planning to grow on it?  

Thanks again for feeding us!
  • saluki2007
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @saluki2007 - and here we sweat about a house and some minor landgrab in suburbia.  Congrats as I know you planned and executed this in fine fashion.  
    Winter fallow discount?
    Something like that.  My FIL and the cousins already farmed the land, but the owner passed away this past summer at the ripe age of 94.  The kids did not want to own this particular property (there is still another parcel in the estate) so they gave us the first rights.  They were kind enough to sell it at a fair price.  Had it gone to auction it would have fetched $18,000-$20,000/acre based on recent transactions in the area.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Options
    @saluki2007

great grab—God is not making any more land.  

What are your people planning to grow on it?  

Thanks again for feeding us!
    It will be rotated with soybean and seed corn.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Codigo Blanco and Four Roses Single Barrel
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I need an intervention.  Bought a Rotisserie and now just dropped another Ben Franklin on a couple of Kick Ash Cans and a divider for my large basket.  

I will be cooking hot dogs on my new Rotisserie!  And not the good ones!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,049
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I need an intervention.  Bought a Rotisserie and now just dropped another Ben Franklin on a couple of Kick Ash Cans and a divider for my large basket.  

I will be cooking hot dogs on my new Rotisserie!  And not the good ones!
    You don't need an intervention, you need a group cheer!  Congrats.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    New over the range microwave. The old one died a few weeks ago and I waited for Black Friday deal. $95 off
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just ordered 2 of these … ouch. 
    I have a nice double walled stainless steel kennel in the back of my 3/4 ton dodge which historically has been my hunting rig. I’ve been taking the Tacoma every where and the big kennel won’t fit. 
    Seen some bad injuries on dogs as of late that have been loose in owner’s cars vs crated and in wrecks.. not your standard HBC and now I’m a little paranoid. With the young pup I also need something portable for him in hotel rooms as he is still destroying everything he can get his mouth on. Hopefully this is the best of both worlds.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Roomba from Costco. $100 off
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A new belt!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I DIDN'T buy parts and labor for my 2019 Accord today!

When I was driving home from Green Bay last weekend, either my tears, or the crappy precipitation I was driving in caused my adaptive cruise control to go out.  I've seen this before.  I pulled over, cleared the radar, and it didn't clear the error.  Said I had a brake system issue in addition to a radar issue.  I fiddled with it for a week and made an 8:00 am appointment at the Honda Stealer.  They are about 45 minutes away, so I woke up early on Black Friday and headed there.  Half way there, I hit the brakes to slow down for a speed zone, and the error light went off.  Cruise works again!

When I got to the dealer, they said, "If the light cleared itself, it must be good.  We don't want to charge you a $179 diagnostic fee just to tell you that your car is fine.  Drive it and if it comes back on, bring it in."

So, that felt good.  I figured I was in for a diagnostic and a new radar.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I DIDN'T buy parts and labor for my 2019 Accord today!

When I was driving home from Green Bay last weekend, either my tears, or the crappy precipitation I was driving in caused my adaptive cruise control to go out.  I've seen this before.  I pulled over, cleared the radar, and it didn't clear the error.  Said I had a brake system issue in addition to a radar issue.  I fiddled with it for a week and made an 8:00 am appointment at the Honda Stealer.  They are about 45 minutes away, so I woke up early on Black Friday and headed there.  Half way there, I hit the brakes to slow down for a speed zone, and the error light went off.  Cruise works again!

When I got to the dealer, they said, "If the light cleared itself, it must be good.  We don't want to charge you a $179 diagnostic fee just to tell you that your car is fine.  Drive it and if it comes back on, bring it in."

So, that felt good.  I figured I was in for a diagnostic and a new radar.
    I override the adaptive CC. You can’t be properly aggressive using that overly polite device. 😁

good to hear it worked itself out though. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @pgprescott - totally agree.  I got a rental car recently and I enjoy using the non adaptive CC on the Interstates.  Turned on the CC and it was in the adaptive mode.  I took the first exit.  Fortunately (and unusual) the owner's manual was in the car.  Turned off the adaptive part and moved on.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @pgprescott - totally agree.  I got a rental car recently and I enjoy using the non adaptive CC on the Interstates.  Turned on the CC and it was in the adaptive mode.  I took the first exit.  Fortunately (and unusual) the owner's manual was in the car.  Turned off the adaptive part and moved on.  
    If you are in a pinch I’m sure Google can help too. 

I assume I’m in the minority but it’s good to know I’m not the only one. 😁
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,273
    edited November 2022
    Options
    There are good days, and then there are $400-off-your-bidet-purchase and come-home-to-a-beer-delivery kind of days. Not sure if I’ll ultimately keep the bidet, but after reading some of the glowing reviews on this site (looking at you, Dennis), it was hard not to pick one up, considering we’ll be renovating two of our bathrooms next month. A stranger in the parking lot even proactively stopped to help me load it into the car, thereby saving my wife’s back. Then stopped for dim sum. Also, a transport truck blew a stale red and would have smoked my whole family on our way home had I not noticed it coming and refrained from entering the intersection, so all in all, a good day. 

Does anyone have experience with the Ove Strom? My biggest concern is that parts may be hard to come by down the road. After all, this purchase breaks my deep commitment to low-tech purchases. 

• TechsasJim
    Options
    More Kuiu gear—good sale!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    They got me too. Just a pair of pants as the jacket I had my eye on is out of stock in the camo pattern I want
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    They got me too. Just a pair of pants as the jacket I had my eye on is out of stock in the camo pattern I want
    Yes sir another pair of britches for me as well and then a fleece as my wife took over one of my beloved Patagonias (which swims on her but oh well).  
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Sub Gen 3
    Sub (Gen 3)
    Another addition to our Sonos Family!!
    What do you have that connected to?  Was thinking of getting one.  TIA. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Grateexpectations- Way to stay focused on driving right there.  
    Now about the bidet-anyone here who has one always shows up on the random Zoom/Speakeasy sessions at least once to extoll the virtues.  So, when the next one happens just put it at the top of your priority list to drop-in.  You can even wear a disguise.   B)
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Another horse.  Sell two, buy one.  Seems to never end.

Two steps forward and one step back.... Not bad.... It will end at that rate!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI