Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    There is no longer any privacy. Only the ability to divulge a little less or a little more. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,548
    Options
    The Man In The Brown Shorts™ brought me a couple new toys I'd ordered:

A resaw fence for my bandsaw, featuring those strong twist-magnets that I still don't understand, and an adjustable alignment foot to allow setting for blade drift, resawing any size plank consistently.  It also has those slots allowing stop blocks to be attached.  

Also got a Knew Concepts™ fretsaw, for sawing out most of the waste in dovetails.  I had been using a coping saw, from my teen years, up until now; this new one is 1/3 the weight, easy to set angles, and I can't wait to play with it.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,879
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Okay- looking forward anticipating the arrival of a new toy (SM grill) a few months on, I swallowed the hook planted by @CPFC1905 and grabbed a plancha for the LBGE.  I can envision that it will readily transfer to the SM. At least that's my story...  Spend wisely! 
    Where I lead, others follow.  Mainly out of curiosity or concern for my welfare, though. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,218
    Options
    Taco Bell

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Prime Day!  I will be spending money like there is no tomorrow!  Not sure what I need, but I am sure Jeff Bezos will help me figure that out!
    Prime Day has been lame this year.  The only thing I would have bought so far I got a month ago for $20 more.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,610
    Options
    Just received shipping notice, ordered at 30% off. Bought corded mower from them earlier, very happy with it. For the back patio, already have a Honda for driveway.

canuckland
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Prime day impulse buys. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,467
    Options
    New battery for the 2017 Sierra. Love spending $300 on something I just spent that much on two years ago
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    New battery for the 2017 Sierra. Love spending $300 on something I just spent that much on two years ago
    I hear ya.  I spend a fortune on batteries.

Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Need a Prime Day for allocated bourbons
    WHERE IS THAT G-D AGREE BUTTON WHEN I NEED IT?!?!?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,467
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Need a Prime Day for allocated bourbons
    WHERE IS THAT G-D AGREE BUTTON WHEN I NEED IT?!?!?
    See, I knew we’d eventually see absolutely eye to eye on something besides cooking prowess
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,076
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Prime day impulse buys. 

Does she come with the headphones?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,218
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    It feels like Prime Day has gotten too commercial.  We have forgotten the reason for the season and now it is all about just buying stuff.  I'm just not in the mood this year.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Prime day impulse buys. 

That's quite a trick, amplifying ambient sound while blocking noise.  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    Prime day impulse buys. 

It's not as impressive as it seems, it's basically just a compression algorithm.

Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    Prime day impulse buys. 

It just has a max dB for any sound.  Has mics that pick up sound , transmits into headphone inside ear cup, then clips all sound over certain dB limit.  The speaker in the earcup cannot play over a certain dB.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    They are a wonderful invention.  She is likely too young to realize all of the benefits of the technology, but those muffs have kept my 82 year old father shooting for several years.  He can't hear range instruction with ear plugs or muffs, but those electronic muffs make it very easy for him to hear instructions and still protect his remaining hearing.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Another impulse... half the price of the Yeti Silo 6 jug. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Botch
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    Prime day impulse buys. 

It just has a max dB for any sound.  Has mics that pick up sound , transmits into headphone inside ear cup, then clips all sound over certain dB limit.  The speaker in the earcup cannot play over a certain dB.
    Then it is not doing what is advertised.  It is acting only as a limiter; and not doing anything about noise blocking (and I have a rack full of limiters, gates, compressors, and expanders in the basement from my musician/recording days).   ;)

EDIT:  I don't have the expander anymore, unless there's a preset in one of my multi-effect units.  And you know I'm being a nit-noider here.  

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,676
    Options

Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    Prime day impulse buys. 

I believe that's the same pair I have. I can hear better wearing these and they do cutoff when supposed to. The were $50 Amazon instead of over hundred dollar name brand 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    For anyone looking for high quality hearing protection, custom moulded earplugs are a great, great solution for all sorts of applications. I purchased them for loud music rehearsals, but also wear them to some concerts and even sometimes wear them for loud home projects. They are exceptionally comfortable, are discreet and can be paired with a range of sound-deadening diaphragms of differing dB-cutting levels, so once you have the moulds, you can switch it up. I am currently running -15s. They allow you to withstand exposure to high volumes while also carrying on conversations at normal volumes. They are very transparent (don’t have too much negative impact on the composition of bass, middle and treble frequencies), unlike foam earplugs, which cut the mids and highs disproportionally. One of my best purchases over the years. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,374
    Options
    For anyone looking for high quality hearing protection, custom moulded earplugs are a great, great solution for all sorts of applications. I purchased them for loud music rehearsals, but also wear them to some concerts and even sometimes wear them for loud home projects. They are exceptionally comfortable, are discreet and can be paired with a range of sound-deadening diaphragms of differing dB-cutting levels, so once you have the moulds, you can switch it up. I am currently running -15s. They allow you to withstand exposure to high volumes while also carrying on conversations at normal volumes. They are very transparent (don’t have too much negative impact on the composition of bass, middle and treble frequencies), unlike foam earplugs, which cut the mids and highs disproportionally. One of my best purchases over the years. 

There is a company that comes and does them at a discounted priced through our union. I was going to get some the last go round, but they ended up canceling. I will get them the next time. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Popeye's Spicy Chicken Sandwich.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    edited July 2022
    Options
    You ate it before you could take pic