Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Caught this at the gas station this morning. Looked like he or she had driven in on the rim. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    I know they have tow trucks in the GWN...ouch as likely a new wheel to match the new tire. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    Caught this at the gas station this morning. Looked like he or she had driven in on the rim. 

i saw one last year that did some real damage to the vehicle. inner fender/outer fender, brake line, looked like a steering line etc the wire in the tire was wrapped around everything.  bettering there was much more damage once the mechanic got it all apart
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pro tip: not all tires are run-flats
    Options
    heard about these on the radio the other day, this ones a 2014. these must all be in garages

fukahwee maine

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options

That, but in a hardtop, is the Tormek of vehicles to me right now.  I want one of those very badly!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Langner91 said:

That, but in a hardtop, is the Tormek of vehicles to me right now.  I want one of those very badly!

about 20 years ago the off road forums did a large group buy for the heavy canvas tops for rovers and the old fj40's from a guy in pakistan. that looks like one of those tops
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Friggin Arizona, Dude
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Talk about opposite ends of the good taste spectrum.  @Ozzie_Isaac captured it in the above pics. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited February 2023
    Options

I may get banninated, but I've always  hated the looks of this thing!  From the front axle forward, it looks pretty good; likewise from the rear axle backwards.  But otherwise this thing is the ugliest car ever made.  I'd rather drive a Baja Porsche, or even a Pontiac Aztek, than own this hideous monstrosity.  Blech.  :puke:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Wednesday Night Car pr0n.

https://youtu.be/Df7tgK-oyTA

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Went car shopping today.  Had an online cash price offer from a dealership for a Ford Bronco Raptor.  Showed up to buy it and they said that price didn't include a $25k market adjustment.  I was not real happy, so went and looked at some Mercedes instead for my wife.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Went car shopping today.  Had an online cash price offer from a dealership for a Ford Bronco Raptor.  Showed up to buy it and they said that price didn't include a $25k market adjustment.  

JFC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Based on the above and in the clear night of Saturday (with the power source a generator since yesterday), I am convinced that @Ozzie_Isaac has siphoned @RRP's $$, thus the escape to the desert.
    However the key word is "look" and not yet buy. 

Sweet looking ride.  White the colour (nod) of choice?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Went car shopping today.  Had an online cash price offer from a dealership for a Ford Bronco Raptor.  Showed up to buy it and they said that price didn't include a $25k market adjustment.  

JFC
    Yup.  Filled out everything, brought in their paperwork that they sent and then they said, "ummm, yeah so about that ...."

I said this is a toy, I am not in a hurry and will just wait.  They said if I was serious, they would drop it to $20k MA only.🤣.

At that price I will take a GLE 63 S AMG or a GLE 580.

• lousubcap
    Options
    As  if anyone wonders about the integrity of a car salesman or a dealer. 
    That profession is down there bottom feeding with career politician. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Based on the above and in the clear night of Saturday (with the power source a generator since yesterday), I am convinced that @Ozzie_Isaac has siphoned @RRP's $$, thus the escape to the desert.
    However the key word is "look" and not yet buy. 

Sweet looking ride.  White the colour (nod) of choice?
    Just looking right now.  Maybach happen to be there so couldn't resist checking it out.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    As  if anyone wonders about the integrity of a car salesman or a dealer. 
    That profession is down there bottom feeding with career politician. 
    A job I had in high school was as a lot attendant at a car dealership.  This was back before the internet existed.  You speak the truth.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac I had a similar experience with the bronco dealer. I didn’t want to finance and they basically ran me out of there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,427
    Options
    My wife’s OuterBanks mall crawler worth more than I paid 13 months ago with 11,000 on the odometer. It’s stupid. The 23 year model constraints are horrible. No hard top, no Sasquatch package, no Lux package. Ford screwing the pooch big time
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i hate buying vehicles, they just waste your time. buying used is even worth, mint, 128 car inspection points, never been in an accident. get there, someone kicked the drivers door in, transmission is covered with wet oil, theres a big paint drip on the passenger rear quarter, someone took a knife and dug thru a quarter inch bondo looking for the steel, the rear door is stuck shut and the headliner is wet and falling off......salesman....lets take it for a ride.....im not even getting in it
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Options
    @fishlessman - you should find a different car lot at a minimum.  I am sure you let the place know your thought's when departing. 
    A benefit of being old, absemt anything major failing I will never buy another car.  I do drive them til the wheels fall off and I have plenty of run time left on the odo. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @fishlessman - you should find a different car lot at a minimum.  I am sure you let the place know your thought's when departing. 
    A benefit of being old, absemt anything major failing I will never buy another car.  I do drive them til the wheels fall off and I have plenty of run time left on the odo. 

when i bought the rover i retired the last truck i bought new, a 1989 dodge....i was in maybe thirty plus dealerships after finding the vehicles online with the last buy, i drove two. i did learn where to look, better vehicles at lower costs are south of boston, not north, more people turning cars in every other year than up where i am
    fukahwee maine