Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The Pfizer blue pill has Apple microchips, the shot has Microsoft microsoftchips.  That's the main difference.

No one wants their microsoft from a blue pill.  Duh.
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    the chips are self charging, you just need to turn on the tv.

An Interview with Katy

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• Every time an anti-vaxxers dies from COVID, America get a slight bump on the IQ scale. 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,407
    HogFather said:
    Every time an anti-vaxxers dies from COVID, America get a slight bump on the IQ scale. 

Stole this from tw..."I hate to say it, but the COVID-19 pandemic is the ultimate life-and-death IQ test."
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    according to my medical records i am no longer caucasian, im now "not hispanic or latino".  how is this really not racist as well, cant i just list out my whole mixed breed status. french, english, irish, german, potuguese, Indigenous peoples (so ive been told)........ =)
    fukahwee maine

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    edited September 2021
    according to my medical records i am no longer caucasian, im now "not hispanic or latino".  how is this really not racist as well, cant i just list out my whole mixed breed status. french, english, irish, german, potuguese, Indigenous peoples (so ive been told)........ =)
    Were your ancestors from the Caucasus? Maybe they just made that designation up in the day… My nephew from Hispanica told me that.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,046

Is Potuguese to mean Portuguese?  If so, given their turn at world domination in concert with Spain, before the UK stepped in, and their influence in-out of Central America, perhaps you are Latino?
    Of all the options at your disposal I'd go with Irish.
    *Moms maiden name was McDonald.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    If there's a race/culture/tribe name where all the people subside mostly on gin, that's a possibility.
    Were your ancestors from the Caucasus? Maybe they just made that designation up in the day… My nephew from Hispanica told me that.
    I think Fish mentioned something about working with a bunch of Caucsuckas but that doesn’t seem like quite the same thing.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• I'm guessing the bride called off the wedding because she didn't buy the "my balls are swollen from the vaccine!" line from the fiancée.  

What a time to be alive.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago

I'm guessing the bride called off the wedding because she didn't buy the "my balls are swollen from the vaccine!" line from the fiancée.  

What a time to be alive.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    If there's a race/culture/tribe name where all the people subside mostly on gin, that's a possibility.

where  the fukahwee tribe, so that is a possibility
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    dbCooper said:

Is Potuguese to mean Portuguese?  If so, given their turn at world domination in concert with Spain, before the UK stepped in, and their influence in-out of Central America, perhaps you are Latino?
    Of all the options at your disposal I'd go with Irish.
    *Moms maiden name was McDonald.

i usually go with greasy portaghee.  part of the family is from graciosa of the azorean islands, most from that side are blue eyed, dont know how that is even possible, im going with full mutt
    fukahwee maine

• Just the cost of the monoclonal antibody drug infusion is $1,250.00 not counting cost to administer it. The same places that give the infusion give chemotherapy for cancer. If they are doing one they can’t be doing the other. The cost of the vaccine is $20 to $33 per dose for the two shot mRNA varieties and $10 for the single J&J vaccine. All that is assuming not further care is required which is unlikely for the infusion patients but quite likely for vaccination break through cases which is again a small fraction. As I told someone once “math may make your head hurt but it doesn’t lie”.
  • fishlessman
    im hearing that shipments of rebar are now out 1 year from placing the order. so much for any real infrastructure projects. sick of all the traffic from bridge repairs in the area anyways but no rebar is not a good sign for construction
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    im hearing that shipments of rebar are now out 1 year from placing the order. so much for any real infrastructure projects. sick of all the traffic from bridge repairs in the area anyways but no rebar is not a good sign for construction
    I call bs on that.

I call bs on that.

i dont buy the stuff, just what i heard from an architect down the street that works with a concrete construction house. from my end with higher alloys, 310 is getting hard to find and 309 stainless is pretty much just usa product coming into the shop which i havent seen in years, looks to be about 30 percent higher than last year
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    I call bs on that.

i dont buy the stuff, just what i heard from an architect down the street that works with a concrete construction house. from my end with higher alloys, 310 is getting hard to find and 309 stainless is pretty much just usa product coming into the shop which i havent seen in years, looks to be about 30 percent higher than last year
     Reason I said bs was after I looked at rebar news.  Prices are still high, but people are eating it on futures and the prices have been trending down a little.  Base steel and material to make it prices are global, availability regional.  A year out from a vendor means he's not taking any more orders for a year (at least on a commodity material, special alloys and proprietary products are a different story).  A distributor can request an import shipment and pay the tariffs if they need it bad enough in much less than a year. 

That said, we need to get those driverless tucks on the road, there's a serious shortage/bottleneck of truck transportation.  Goods piling up, can't get where they are needed.

I call bs on that.

Reason I said bs was after I looked at rebar news.  Prices are still high, but people are eating it on futures and the prices have been trending down a little.  Base steel and material to make it prices are global, availability regional.  A year out from a vendor means he's not taking any more orders for a year (at least on a commodity material, special alloys and proprietary products are a different story).  A distributor can request an import shipment and pay the tariffs if they need it bad enough in much less than a year. 

not sure what it is in this particular case. was recently looking for 3 feet of a high temp alloy tube, china wanted to send a container full, found it in india but i think the guy wanted to charter a cruise boat to get it here, found round stock locally, i can make a tube
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    That said, we need to get those driverless tucks on the road, there's a serious shortage/bottleneck of truck transportation.  Goods piling up, can't get where they are needed.

thers a shortage of school bus drivers around me, wonder how driverless school busses would go over....
    fukahwee maine

• John knows more about Jim than Jim.
    Memphis, TN