Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    Even without looking into the details, I did not send on the Polling Stone sensationalism.  Figured it would surface elsewhere if it was the real deal.  But no doubt the social media sites I do not subscribe to had fun with it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2021
    ^^^ F'ing great literary piece right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    He should go play in traffic.  Dwyane, probably.
    Dave Snider DaveSnider  Twitter
    tested a girl who still cant taste anything after having covid, ghost pepper from the garden (used the seeds and all) super nachos.....nothing. i thought they were good anyways
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    tested a girl who still cant taste anything after having covid, ghost pepper from the garden (used the seeds and all) super nachos.....nothing. i thought they were good anyways
    She may regret that powerful test tomorrow am.  Or does the burn absence ride along with the loss of taste?
    Independent of the above attempt a some humour, the long haul impact should be even more reason to get the micro chip shot(s).  Tough road for sure.  

• nolaegghead
    Interesting.  The way capsicum works from my understanding is it lowers the temperature the nerves inside your mouth (and skin and eyes) use to discern stuff that is hot.  I guess these are special nerves that sense hot temperatures.  So it lowers the threshold they fire to ordinary temperatures of skin/mouth, etc.

My point being, it's not just the sense of taste and smell, but nerves that route other senses are also damaged by covid. 

On the up side, next capitol insurrection, maybe many of the insurgents will be immune to pepper spray.
    lousubcap said:
    She may regret that powerful test tomorrow am.  Or does the burn absence ride along with the loss of taste?
    Independent of the above attempt a some humour, the long haul impact should be even more reason to get the micro chip shot(s).  Tough road for sure.  

i stopped using lots of jalapenos in chili years ago and the morning afterburn went away. i prefer lighter walled peppers like habaneros and scotch bonnets and thai peppers
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    My buddy the stuntman, Chris, has an old friend who was an OBGYN in Miami years ago.  I don't remember the circumstances, but he lost his medical license.  At one time he had delivered more babies than any other doctor in Miami. 

Anyway, he's as in his 70s and he and his wife and kid dropped by my shop when Chris and I were there.  This was early on in the pandemic.  During introductions, his wife, who is 30 years younger than he, tried to give me a hug (she's from Spain).  I politely declined siting the pandemic.  She said: "oh, you're one of those people".  I replied something like "no offense, I just don't want to get sick, I'm social distancing...".

Anyway, Chris, who "tried" to get vaccinated a couple times but ultimately didn't finally texted a copy of his vaccination card.  Then he called me.  Told me his doctor buddy died from covid.  But before he did, he called Chris from his deathbed and told him to get vaccinated.

Sometimes that's what it takes, unfortunately.  I've been working on him for the past 8 months to get it.
    Some of the whitetail deer that visit our backyard have the mange. I reached out to a friend who operates a local wildlife refuge and he suggested that I hit the local farm store (Rural King) for Ivermectin paste. I said hell no! My luck, I'll see some clients or friends and they will think I'm consuming that stuff.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Good news.  If stupidity doesn't reproduce, it eventually diminishes.

Cliff notes version on my story above, and to reference the url @nolaegghead shared a few days ago. 

Thanks you fu**ing f*cks for making it impossible for us non-f*cks to buy anti-parasitics. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Way to go, f**ks
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Biden made an interesting speech this afternoon. Basically he is going to require all employers of more than 100 people to enact vaccine mandates. I heard it on the radio on the way back from taking Mom to the Doc so no link yet. They did play the audio of his speech so I give it at least a 7 out of 10 on the validity scale. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Biden made an interesting speech this afternoon. Basically he is going to require all employers of more than 100 people to enact vaccine mandates. I heard it on the radio on the way back from taking Mom to the Doc so no link yet. They did play the audio of his speech so I give it at least a 7 out of 10 on the validity scale. 
    He also required all federal employees (and contractors?) to be vaccinated (not sure if that was this morning, or yesterday).  The carrots didn’t work, I’m glad he’s doing this.  And I’m rapidly losing my patience for these folks in republican mayors’ mansions, and at the podium in local school board meetings, screaming “Freedum!” Ånd “Parents know best!” And “Carbon Dioxide!” At the top of their lungs.  Are we really the same nation that sacrificed so much, Sept 11 and later, twenty years ago?  

^^^ (and forgive me, I’m still learning this stupid iPad and don’t know how to kill the capitalizations of all my “Ands” above…). 

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• I heard about the federal employees and the contractors receiving federal money a few weeks ago. It's possible that he just made that official though. I was driving during his speech and rather preoccupied with my Mom. I had just spent 4 days doing fetch and carry and short order cook. Now from what I remember about court decisions it was ruled in 1905 that a state could require vaccination. It is a bit more of a gray area about federal contractors but he who has the gold makes the rules. The ability to mandate private employers who are not spending federal funds is a lot more hazy and has not been ruled on. There is no doubt that private employers can require vaccination in right to work states, the hospital employee case in Texas decided that. In summary I expect to see a lot of court cases filed, rightly or wrongly.
  • I heard about the federal employees and the contractors receiving federal money a few weeks ago. It's possible that he just made that official though. I was driving during his speech and rather preoccupied with my Mom. I had just spent 4 days doing fetch and carry and short order cook. Now from what I remember about court decisions it was ruled in 1905 that a state could require vaccination. It is a bit more of a gray area about federal contractors but he who has the gold makes the rules. The ability to mandate private employers who are not spending federal funds is a lot more hazy and has not been ruled on. There is no doubt that private employers can require vaccination in right to work states, the hospital employee case in Texas decided that. In summary I expect to see a lot of court cases filed, rightly or wrongly.
    Yep, we’ll see what holds up.  In the meantime I hope it’ll move the needle on vaccinations a little bit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
    Yep, we’ll see what holds up.  In the meantime I hope it’ll move the needle on vaccinations a little bit.
    Very punny.
    Very punny.
    #dadjokes
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    edited September 2021
     make  vaccine passports mandatory to vote =) and an id to prove its your passport
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap

Perhaps this will get traction:

• fishlessman
    lousubcap said:

Perhaps this will get traction:

• Bladder pain
    • burning feeling in the chest or stomach
    • burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
    • cloudy or bloody urine
    • dizziness
    • increased frequency of urination
    • indigestion
    • pain on urination
    • stomach upset
    • tenderness in the stomach area

Rare

• Abnormal vision
    • anxiety
    • behavior change similar to drunkenness
    • bleeding of the eye
    • blurred vision
    • bone pain
    • breast enlargement
    • chest pain
    • chills
    • cold sweats
    • confusion
    • convulsions (seizures)
    • cool and pale skin
    • deafness or hearing loss
    • decrease in amount of urine or the frequency of urination
    • decreased vision
    • difficulty in concentrating
    • dizziness or lightheadedness, especially when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
    • double vision
    • drowsiness
    • dry eyes
    • dry mouth
    • dryness, redness, scaling, or peeling of the skin
    • excessive hunger
    • eye pain
    • fainting or faintness
    • fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
    • feeling of something in the eye
    • fever or chills
    • headache (severe or continuing)
    • increase in the size of the pupil
    • increased sweating
    • increased thirst
    • lower back or side pain
    • migraine headache
    • nausea (severe or continuing)
    • nervousness
    • nightmares
    • numbness of the hands
    • painful, swollen joints
    • prolonged, painful erection of penis
    • redness, burning, or swelling of the eyes
    • redness, itching, or tearing of the eyes
    • restless sleep
    • seeing shades of colors differently than before
    • sensitivity to light
    • shakiness
    • skin lesions with swelling
    • skin paleness
    • skin rash, hives, or itching
    • skin ulcers
    • slurred speech
    • sore throat
    • sudden weakness
    • swelling of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs
    • trouble breathing
    • twitching of the muscles
    • unusual feeling of burning or stinging of the skin
    • unusual tiredness or weakness
    • vision changes
    • vision loss, temporary

Incidence not known

• Blindness

Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention

Some side effects of sildenafil may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.

Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:

More common

• Aches or pains in the muscles
    • bloody nose
    • diarrhea
    • difficult or labored breathing
    • flushing
    • headache
    • pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
    • redness of the skin
    • sneezing
    • stomach discomfort following meals
    • stuffy or runny nose
    • trouble sleeping
    • unusually warm skin

Rare

• Abdominal or stomach pain
    • abnormal dreams
    • anxiety
    • clumsiness or unsteadiness
    • cough
    • diarrhea or stomach cramps (severe or continuing)
    • difficulty in swallowing
    • ear pain
    • increased amount of saliva
    • increased skin sensitivity
    • lack of coordination
    • loss of bladder control
    • mental depression
    • nausea
    • numbness or tingling of the hands, legs, or feet
    • rectal bleeding
    • redness or irritation of the tongue
    • redness, soreness, swelling, or bleeding of the gums
    • ringing or buzzing in the ears
    • sensation of motion, usually whirling, either of one's self or of one's surroundings
    • sexual problems in men (continuing), including failure to experience a sexual orgasm
    • sleepiness
    • sores in the mouth and on the lips
    • tense muscles
    • trembling and shaking
    • vomiting
    • waking to urinate at night
    • worsening of asthma

fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    ^^^^ all the more reason to get the shot.   B)
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    ^^^^ all the more reason to get the shot.   B)

thats the list for the blue pill, we still havent gotten the full list on the vaccine =)
    fukahwee maine