Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Pandemic updates 2.0

Comments

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 4,590
    Just a little video on the Pfizer vaccine. It's beginning to look like we will need a third dose in the US.

So, I don't know if you caught it, Gulfcoastguy, but this same doc here can be found in a recent YouTube video supporting the use of Ivermectin.  I think it would be too strong to say that he's a quack, but I'm not sure he's a source I'd necessarily look to trust for information on covid in general.  Just an FYI.
    Well first Doctor John, non MD, he is from England and was one of the earliest proponents of vaccination, he mainly endorsed Ivermectin for use in third world countries where it is readily available in human formulation as a stop gap measure. Both my sisters, their husbands and one niece caught Covid before their age was eligible for vaccination. All 5 were prescribed human grade Ivermectin by a Medical doctor who had also prescribed it to his father. None of the 6 ended up in the hospital and none of them required oxygen . My relatives ranged from 65 down to 29, 2 male and 3 females with plenty of comorbidities. He also cites his sources including links to the CDC and the NIH.
    Second if you have a professional engineers license you might reread the code of ethics. The section about defaming a fellow professional when you have not been hired to review all of the evidence is pretty interesting. 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,691
    edited August 31
    Just a little video on the Pfizer vaccine. It's beginning to look like we will need a third dose in the US.

So, I don't know if you caught it, Gulfcoastguy, but this same doc here can be found in a recent YouTube video supporting the use of Ivermectin.  I think it would be too strong to say that he's a quack, but I'm not sure he's a source I'd necessarily look to trust for information on covid in general.  Just an FYI.
    Well first Doctor John, non MD, he is from England and was one of the earliest proponents of vaccination, he mainly endorsed Ivermectin for use in third world countries where it is readily available in human formulation as a stop gap measure. Both my sisters, their husbands and one niece caught Covid before their age was eligible for vaccination. All 5 were prescribed human grade Ivermectin by a Medical doctor who had also prescribed it to his father. None of the 6 ended up in the hospital and none of them required oxygen . My relatives ranged from 65 down to 29, 2 male and 3 females with plenty of comorbidities. He also cites his sources including links to the CDC and the NIH.
    Second if you have a professional engineers license you might reread the code of ethics. The section about defaming a fellow professional when you have not been hired to review all of the evidence is pretty interesting. 
    Oh dear.  It appears I’ve struck a nerve.

The study he cites in the video, out of Mexico city, has been widely criticized.  I think, at minimum, it is his obligation to mention that. 

When it comes to info on covid, I will trust the experts, not just some random MD from the UK.  But YMMV.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
    I have also posted videos from US MDs on this thread. But feel free to demean an deflect. As I said he cites his references which is more than the federal experts that I believe that you were referring to.
    I have also posted videos from US MDs on this thread. But feel free to demean an deflect. As I said he cites his references which is more than the federal experts that I believe that you were referring to.
    The main expert I rely on for covid info is Michael Osterholm.  He’s not federal.  If there’s someone better I would like to hear about them.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 1,397
    Speaking of Michael Osterholm, Episode 66, posted August 26 has a segment all the folks on the fence about getting vaccinated should hear. It starts with 24:48 left in the podcast. Worth hearing, even if you have been fully vaccinated. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
    SamIAm2 said:
    Speaking of Michael Osterholm, Episode 66, posted August 26 has a segment all the folks on the fence about getting vaccinated should hear. It starts with 24:48 left in the podcast. Worth hearing, even if you have been fully vaccinated. 
    Yep, listened over the weekend.  Sobering, to say the least.

Living large in the 919
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,695
    SamIAm2 said:
    Thanks for the reminder:  Just listened.  
    Definitely drives home the challenges on the front-lines and the value of the vaccines.  Too bad not many (if any) of the unvaccinated will hear it.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • BotchBotch Posts: 12,062

Living large in the 919
    I cannot believe that any group of dumb phques would even go to this extreme.  So much for freedom of choice at a minimum.  
    All should be arrested and tossed in jail for a wake-up call.
    This has now gone far beyond STUPID!
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • dbCooperdbCooper Posts: 1,106
    My understanding was those in the various "anti" camps have personal liberties as their mantra.  Why then are they opposed to the personal (personnel) choices of health care workers and their clients?
    Isn't that a double standard or am I missing something here?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 1,397
    Guess those folks never learned that their rights end at my nose.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
    edited September 2
    A good read on the history of Ivermectin becoming a perceived miracle drug for covid:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/09/the-real-reason-people-are-treating-themselves-with-horse-dewormer/

Living large in the 919
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 28,333
    but what if i make a cocktail of my hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 8,611
    Taking public transit for the first time since pandemic started, late morning so not busy

canuckland
    edited September 2
    Big cross-state rivalry football in the UofU's new stadium tonight, sold out at 51,000; no mask or vaccination/test requirements.  
    Meanwhile, fully one-fourth of the new COVID hospitalizations in utard today were kids 18 years old or younger; an otherwise-healthy 13-yo girl died.  
    Sigh.  

I have been fully juiced (Pfizer) since mid-Feb and was feeling pretty good about it until delta grabbed hold.  (Even visited @nolaegghead for a great crawfish boil in mid Aprii -no Linda B) )I now wear a mask anywhere in public.
    Until the phquetards get on board with the vaccine we are all held hostage by their selfish and unsupported logic. 
    And that vaccine revelation is not gonna happen.  I don't have enough time left on the planet to see every one of them suffer from their choice.  Off rant/soap-box.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 28,333
    lousubcap said:

airlines should ban her for five years, she can get a boat ride home or swim. ive seen people get banned for less than that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Living large in the 919
    ^^^ Egads.   :o

This morning I read the Wikipedia entry for Mary Mallon, “Typhoid Mary””

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

Some really interesting parallels with COVID today, and the same ethical/legal/denial issues back then.  

Thanks for the read @Botch.  
    GM just shuttered almost all plants. Main reason Covid choking off chip supply.
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 3,167
    GM just shuttered almost all plants. Main reason Covid choking off chip supply.
    All this to fu&k Trump. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE.

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
    If that was the case it is just like most other government programs, it has exceeded its required lifespan. But last that I noticed Biden was sitting in the Oval Office.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,558
    Fake news!  Conspiracy!  Deep state!  Hoax virus!  Vaccination magnetism!  Rabid gerbil invasions! 

Fake news!  Conspiracy!  Deep state!  Hoax virus!  Vaccination magnetism!  Rabid gerbil invasions! 
    USA Today spreads FUD?
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,558
    No, I was referring to the Oklahoma story John posted.

No, I was referring to the Oklahoma story John posted.
    I suspect you were joking, but as it happens, that story does in fact appear to be BS.  

I should have known better than to post something from Rolling Stone.  Let’s call this a lesson learned.

Living large in the 919