Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Petition to have NOLA removed from forum

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    In any given month, @nolaegghead contributes far more items of interest and assistance than @littlerascal56 has provided in the entire 5 years  that the whiny Rascal has been a member.
    That an adult would even try to have someone banned from a forum where members can simply ignore threads/posts on subjects or from people they don't like strikes me as rather embarrassing to that person. But there you go...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    In any given month, @nolaegghead contributes far more items of interest and assistance than @littlerascal56 has provided in the entire 5 years  that the whiny Rascal has been a member.
    That an adult would even try to have someone banned from a forum where members can simply ignore threads/posts on subjects or from people they don't like strikes me as rather embarrassing to that person. But there you go...
    Nola or John did the exact same thing asking who wanted me gone like 2 months ago but it was from one of their troll accounts. 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Get a life.
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    Nola or John did the exact same thing asking who wanted me gone like 2 months ago but it was from one of their troll accounts. 
    I did not do that.  I’ve never asked for anyone to be banned from here, including you, even though you probably deserved it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    I did not do that.  I’ve never asked for anyone to be banned from here, including you, even though you clearly deserved it.
    One of your butt buddies did
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    brentm said:
    and what's the deal with @legume
    He should be removed as well. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Sorry if I jumped into the deep end with the cool kids on day one.  I will kindly step back now and just lurk.
    Don't do that @Sheldon_Nigel.  Post some cooks.  Comment on the posts of others.  Offer advice to new or inexperienced folks (everybody is inexperienced at something).  And as for the question you asked earlier, if you were thinking it, so were a bunch of others - so ask away.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lit
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Sorry if I jumped into the deep end with the cool kids on day one.  I will kindly step back now and just lurk.
    Don't do that @Sheldon_Nigel.  Post some cooks.  Comment on the posts of others.  Offer advice to new or inexperienced folks (everybody is inexperienced at something).  And as for the question you asked earlier, if you were thinking it, so were a bunch of others - so ask away.
    Dont you realize this is another one of their troll accounts? 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Lit said:
    Foghorn said:
    Dont you realize this is another one of their troll accounts? 
    Nope.  But I'm not the suspicious type.  The threads he has started seem legit enough.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• HeavyG
    Options
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

Why make accusations you can't possibly prove?
    As a factual matter tho you're the one that said you were quitting the forum and even asked to have your account deleted. Yet...here you remain (and that's cool - only you can decide you how you spend your time).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited November 2020
    Options
    No reason for that. You do you, have fun. Mix it up where you want to and lay low when don’t. Don’t let OPB’s (other people’s beef) get in the way of your enjoyment of the forum. 

These guys have been at it for a long time. My advice: Just like when uncle Eddie’s Rottweiler in Christmas Vacation starts humping your leg, when they get going,  “it’s best just to let them finish”
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    I did not do that.  I’ve never asked for anyone to be banned from here, including you, even though you probably deserved it.
    You wrote that it was me or Nola from behind a troll account, and now it seems clear you really have no clue.  Maybe take a break from all of the glue sniffing.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    This 
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    You wrote that it was me or Nola from behind a troll account, and now it seems clear you really have no clue.  Maybe take a break from all of the glue sniffing.
    It came from one of your many troll accounts. Pretty sure its Nola he is the only person I have seen use that little slide bar under his real account and now troll accounts are doing the same thing.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Serious question.  I’m trying to adjust (and help @Ozzie_Isaac) to the new OT forum rules.  Shouldn’t petitions be marked as OT?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    It came from one of your many troll accounts. Pretty sure its Nola he is the only person I have seen use that little slide bar under his real account and now troll accounts are doing the same thing.
    Well this sounds like a bulletproof argument.
  • Lit
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

As a factual matter tho you're the one that said you were quitting the forum and even asked to have your account deleted. Yet...here you remain (and that's cool - only you can decide you how you spend your time).
    Really? So you think it was someone else?
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Sounds like you need a hug.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 260
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What a whiny little beatch the OP is.

Nola rocks and is a great contributor to this forum.
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • HogFather
    Options
    @Lit I started the thread to get you banned. At the time you deserved it. That said, you've been much better as of late.

Good boy
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

Because it’s @Lit.  We’ll just have to wait for the Price Is Right to come on to get a break.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

Actually i dont really care that much. About to pack and head out. You guys have a good Thanksgiving.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Legume said:
    Serious question.  I’m trying to adjust (and help @Ozzie_Isaac) to the new OT forum rules.  Shouldn’t petitions be marked as OT?

One would think so.
    To get the full off topic treatment tho one has to take the extra step of actually selecting the Off Topic forum section when creating a new thread. Simply putting "OT" in the thread title doesn't "hide" them.
    So when the "Save Ozzies Threads" petition threads get started one must not place them in the Off Topic Forum section so they'll still be seen on the main page.

• fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    It wasn’t me.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @littlerascal56 Bless your heart.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Lit
    Options
    HogFather said:
    @Lit I started the thread to get you banned. At the time you deserved it. That said, you've been much better as of late.

Good boy
    You are obviously one of their troll accounts
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:
    Lit said:
    HeavyG said:

To be honest I have no idea if any of these so-called "troll accounts" are the alter egos of current, active members or are accounts from folks that used to be active members, or are accounts from actual random internet trolls.
    More importantly, I couldn't care less.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    HogFather said:

Good boy
    You are obviously one of their troll accounts
    I thought you were packing?

As for Hogfather, I’m not sure why you think it’s obviously me or Nola.  After all, there’s no “slide bar” or whatever the F you mentioned above as some kind of indicator.  For the record, it’s not an account I control or have any idea who does.