Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Congrats on the nuptials @CPFC1905
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @CPFC1905 @Foghorn Congratulations to both of you. It's definitely satistying as a parent to see your children happy and successful. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    @CPFC1905 and @Foghorn congrats to both of you guys and your children. Great accomplishments indeed.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - congrats on the news.  Not sure the custom in the UK but here the bride's side is on the hook for the wedding.  If the same, then you are doubly lucky!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    congrats @CPFC1905 ! I'm sure you can hold it together for one evening. If not, you will at least look the part. post pics!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Been messing around with some enterprise functionality in Oracle Enterprise in a massive data warehouse.  Specifically, this "parallel" DML mode and the DDL hints are nice, you can even specify the number of processors you want to allocate to a job.

Anyway, this system is super powerful, slated for production. Old production warehouse is a comparative dog.  I did some stuff that would have taken hours and paralyzed a system that ran in minutes.

you should start doing temperature controller reviews
    He's already perfectly at ease calling people c0cksucker, so it's like he's more than halfway there!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    huh?

nerd fight
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,864
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @CPFC1905 - congrats on the news.  Not sure the custom in the UK but here the bride's side is on the hook for the wedding.  If the same, then you are doubly lucky!
    OK, here's the deal;
    Daughter 2017 - London (formal) and then down to Provence in a chateau just outside Chateau Neuf du Pape.  Close to Orange and Avignon, an hour north of Marseille. 

Son 2020 - Covid; him & her plus 13 guests.  No hymns at church and no party afterwards.   

Yes we pay for daughters too.

But in the interests of transparency I did not fund all of daughter's, suffice to say she's done well for herself.   And my gift from her was a Large BGE.  So you have her to blame.  =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @CPFC1905- Thanks for the backstory.  Daughter must have had a pretty strong sense of the right gift.  A BGE is not what would be obvious to me.  However, you got here...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Sitting in the car while my wife has a minor surgery. COVID and the restrictions it brings sucks. 
    Hope everything went well. My wife had to wait outside the urgent care while I got glued back together a few weeks back.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Sitting in the car while my wife has a minor surgery. COVID and the restrictions it brings sucks. 
    Hope everything went well. My wife had to wait outside the urgent care while I got glued back together a few weeks back.
    Appreciate that. She is doing well. She had her gallbladder removed. It was surprisingly quick. Had her there at 0600 and was back home in bed by 0900. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Kayak
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Appreciate that. She is doing well. She had her gallbladder removed. It was surprisingly quick. Had her there at 0600 and was back home in bed by 0900. 
    She's lucky it fit out the little holes!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    You saved the guy's life.  Or put him in overloaded ER-purgatory (but not your fault).  Normally I'm guessing if time is short you'd just bust a window and gain entry and not call a locksmith.

I went down some rabbit hole a few weeks ago (or days, time is a blur) and ended up, among other places, learning that there's something called "Old people smell"....something studied enough to have its own wiki article.

Some of these chemicals are metabolites of other chemicals that we find in food.  Turns out you can smell more like an "old person" depending on what your eat.

Bravo, sir.

Options
    addendum:  do you ever fire breaching rounds or is that just SWAT?
    Options
    @Battleborn, I echo @nolaegghead here. You saved a mans life. Well done sir.
    Attending my sons swearing in at a new department Tuesday. Thank you for what you do.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    You saved the guy's life.  Or put him in overloaded ER-purgatory (but not your fault).  Normally I'm guessing if time is short you'd just bust a window and gain entry and not call a locksmith.

I went down some rabbit hole a few weeks ago (or days, time is a blur) and ended up, among other places, learning that there's something called "Old people smell"....something studied enough to have its own wiki article.

Some of these chemicals are metabolites of other chemicals that we find in food.  Turns out you can smell more like an "old person" depending on what your eat.

Bravo, sir.

That is correct, if there is exigency, like I can hear someone yelling for help or can see trauma from a window, the door would be booted. However, with everything I had, there was no exigency but plenty to make a warrantless entry for community caretaking. 

The smell, as it turns out, was from a broken sewer line (missed plumber appointment card). However, the smell of a decaying body is one that will be with you forever. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options
    addendum:  do you ever fire breaching rounds or is that just SWAT?
    Here it is only SWAT, but I do carry entry tools in my car (ram, halogen, bolt cutters, etc)

@Battleborn, I echo @nolaegghead here. You saved a mans life. Well done sir.
    Attending my sons swearing in at a new department Tuesday. Thank you for what you do.

Congrats to your son! Nothing better than swearing in. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Battleborn Kudos for saving the guy. It's funny though when you mentioned smells one never forgets, it triggered one for me. A couple of times during my ranching days I had to pull rotting placenta from a cow that didn't shed the afterbith after calving. The smell (and sound as it tears loose) is another that is not soon forgotten.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I have smelled decaying bodies more than I care to remember and you're right, it sticks with you.  Most were animals but it took months to get all the bodies out of structures. Now, New Orleans can smell bad in the best of times, but the smell of death hung over the area for months and month.   I was all over the place, had a lot of free time with no working office and working internet for months.

Options
    Sitting in a waiting room waiting on the wife who is getting a root canal. I’m not sure which is worse. The waiting or the root canal?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I had one a few months ago and thought it wasn't that much worse than getting a filling. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Kayak
    Options
    I have smelled decaying bodies more than I care to remember and you're right, it sticks with you.  Most were animals but it took months to get all the bodies out of structures. Now, New Orleans can smell bad in the best of times, but the smell of death hung over the area for months and month.   I was all over the place, had a lot of free time with no working office and working internet for months.

My buddies guard unit spent months there, hauling out bodies and doing what guard units do. He experienced smells he never did in combat.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Last time I had a root canal I was in so much pain the procedure was a welcomed relief. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Battleborn
    Options

I was there for a bit after Katrina on the Iwo Jima. Didn’t stay long because I went to a school, but man that was awful, what little bit I saw. 
    Las Vegas, NV