Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

I’m sure I have pissed off the HOA

MickeyMickey Posts: 19,453
Been in the new house in Florida for about 10 days. Decided to sell BBQ out of the garage and do poodle grooming out of the pickup in the drive. Got to pay for this place somehow. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,896
    I don't see a bass boat in the side yard, so you should be good. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 19,453
    Do you perhaps own a bass boat? Asking for a friend....
    I think when i bring the couch back on the next trip and put it in the yard....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 3,798
    You could paint your door without HOA committee color approval. Tangerine orange ought to do it.
  • At least the hair is white and easy to spot in your bbq.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 11,172
    If there isn't a broken appliance sitting in your yard somewhere, you don't live in Florida.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 10,526
    You’re my Hero!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRPRRP Posts: 23,497
    LOL though I don’t believe your post,
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 34,494
    The only way I'd stand out in my neighborhood is if I was selling crack out of my garage and fighting pit bulls from my pickup bed.

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 3,798
    You could always have a herd of buffalo grazing on the lawn.
    The only way

A herd of two of them is about all that would fit.  My front yard is about 20' x 20'.  Having some of the only grass on my block, it's a very popular canine destination.

• CornholioCornholio Posts: 951
    Mess with the wrong people and they’ll also call the cops and the city in addition to the HOA. Enjoy your tickets. ;)
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 10,979
    Judging by the obscured mansion in the background, the neighbors probably assume you are the help.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,569
    edited November 19
    That is awesome- I wish we were near so you could groom our newly acquired schnoodle (obviously in need) 

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Mickey said:
    Been in the new house in Florida for about 10 days. Decided to sell BBQ out of the garage and do poodle grooming out of the pickup in the drive. Got to pay for this place somehow. 

I recommend elevating this scenario by commencing a protracted brake job on the truck that spans days, if not weeks. 
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,291
    Lol @Mickey
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker coming soon- Blackstone 36 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 14,523
    The only way

A herd of two of them is about all that would fit.  My front yard is about 20' x 20'.  Having some of the only grass on my block, it's a very popular canine destination.
    Truth Carey.....you have peed on it before yourself?
    Johns Creek GA with a Large & a 17" Blackstone........Medium & MiniMax in storage

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
    The only way

Truth Carey.....you have peed on it before yourself?
    In the back yard....many times.  Front, never...I have at least a sliver of class...

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 801
    Parked on the driveway?  Better move that rig to the lawn

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 888
    Put it on cinderblocks. Open the hood indefinitely and roll smoke daily in the front yard. In some jorts 
  • EoinEoin Posts: 3,424
    The only way I'd fit in in my neighborhood is if I was selling crack out of my garage and fighting pit bulls from my pickup bed.
    EFA
  • RyanStlRyanStl Posts: 137
    I bet you have 20 dogs and stated a puppy mill.  Mystery meat bbq.
  • LitLit Posts: 8,387
    Your fine its Florida
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,605
    @Mickey - you need a bumper sticker that says "This is how we Salado".

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CornholioCornholio Posts: 951
    Lit said:
    Your fine its Florida
    Can’t help but laugh at this one. And no, not laughing with but... 
  • The thermometer on the Minimax looks like the medical disc head thingy that doctors use.

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 3,109
    ColbyLang said:
    Put it on cinderblocks. Open the hood indefinitely and roll smoke daily in the front yard. In some jorts 
    I'm going to give a thumbs up to dang near any comment that includes jorts.
    Stillwater, MN
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 820
    Just change your oil in the street and let it run down the gutter.  That works every time!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

QDude said:
    Just change your oil in the street and let it run down the gutter.  That works every time!
    I roll my crawfish boiler out in the street and drain it in the gutter every time I boil.  The only comments I get are "nice boiler!" Or "how many sacks will that boil?"

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 10,526
    QDude said:
    I roll my crawfish boiler out in the street and drain it in the gutter every time I boil.  The only comments I get are "nice boiler!" Or "how many sacks will that boil?"
    Several years ago, at the Athens Texas Eggfest at the Texas Freshwater Marine Fisheries, they brought in a crew to boil bugs for the cooks party. They drained the boilers into the gutters. You guessed it...it drains into the stock ponds. Not sure what the total fish kill was or the dollar damage amount came out to be.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas