Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I’m sure I have pissed off the HOA

2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Photo Egg said:
    QDude said:
    Just change your oil in the street and let it run down the gutter.  That works every time!
    I roll my crawfish boiler out in the street and drain it in the gutter every time I boil.  The only comments I get are "nice boiler!" Or "how many sacks will that boil?"
    Several years ago, at the Athens Texas Eggfest at the Texas Freshwater Marine Fisheries, they brought in a crew to boil bugs for the cooks party. They drained the boilers into the gutters. You guessed it...it drains into the stock ponds. Not sure what the total fish kill was or the dollar damage amount came out to be.

That doesn't make any sense to me.  If the storm drain runs into a stock pond, it must be a huge pond.  In that case, a few pounds of salt should be highly diluted to the point it shouldn't kill any fish.  The BOD is not going to be much different than a few pounds of typical mulch.
    Photo Egg said:
    QDude said:
    Just change your oil in the street and let it run down the gutter.  That works every time!
    I roll my crawfish boiler out in the street and drain it in the gutter every time I boil.  The only comments I get are "nice boiler!" Or "how many sacks will that boil?"
    Several years ago, at the Athens Texas Eggfest at the Texas Freshwater Marine Fisheries, they brought in a crew to boil bugs for the cooks party. They drained the boilers into the gutters. You guessed it...it drains into the stock ponds. Not sure what the total fish kill was or the dollar damage amount came out to be.
    You should demand a recount.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    Photo Egg said:
    QDude said:

That doesn't make any sense to me.  If the storm drain runs into a stock pond, it must be a huge pond.  In that case, a few pounds of salt should be highly diluted to the point it shouldn't kill any fish.  The BOD is not going to be much different than a few pounds of typical mulch.
    It was Texas.  No telling how big, or how many cookers.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    make some @Mickey wings for the HOA Board Members, you will be fine
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Photo Egg said:
    QDude said:

Funny you mentioned BOD. I just got done setting those up today. Not normally my job, but somebody was out today.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Photo Egg said:
    QDude said:

It doesn't need to make sense. But it happened. It was several hundred gallons form a couple very large, trailer mounted cookers. Salt or other seasoning, it killed a lot of fish in a couple stock ponds that were linked together in a water flowing pump system.
    This was not an attempt to compare your boiler dump to this incident. This was a confined facility. The next several years the bugs were boiled off site and brought over in large coolers.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas