Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pfizer may have an effective vaccine

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/sasse-beyond-disgusting-cuomo-thinks-161636370.html

Please read the fifth paragraph for the original source before before disregarding it.

I disagree with Cuomo's comments.  60 minutes interviewed the guy in charge (4-star general) of the distribution problem and it looks like he and his group are doing a good job.   There's a very limited number of doses available for the first distribution cycle and they will go to high-risk and front line workers.

Like John said, we should keep this apolitical.
    I feel a compulsion to point out the irony of the last statement.  For months now everything has devolved into politics.  What has changed?
    What's the point?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    If you want it done right, call the Army.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Please read the fifth paragraph for the original source before before disregarding it.

I disagree with Cuomo's comments.  60 minutes interviewed the guy in charge (4-star general) of the distribution problem and it looks like he and his group are doing a good job.   There's a very limited number of doses available for the first distribution cycle and they will go to high-risk and front line workers.

So now it’s apolitical? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I feel a compulsion to point out the irony of the last statement.  For months now everything has devolved into politics.  What has changed?
    It has, but this is a choice, right?  If others here want to make the choice to keep trying to inject politics into this, they can.  I'm not going to stop them from doing that.  I can't. 

I'm just saying that I won't be doing that, because I don't think it's helpful when it comes to discussing a vaccine that could have a pretty tremendous impact on public health, the economy, and everything else over the course of the upcoming year.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    thetrim said:
    If you want it done right, call the Army.  
    Not the Navy?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    can we keep it apolitical AND call it the trump vaccine =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    If it works, call it anything you want my friend.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I have volunteered for two Covid vaccine trails.  If the trial vaccine or placebo comes with a politician's name I won't play.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have volunteered for two Covid vaccine trails.  If the trial vaccine or placebo comes with a politician's name I won't play.  
    @lousubcap You are my hero. I like the way you said that. I was trying to find a way to also say that a discussion of the vaccine itself is not political. One can speculate on motives if they want, but it should be encouraging news to us all that progress is being made with a vaccine.
    I would very much like to return to something resembling a normal life.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    What we need is most everyone to get the vaccine.  If we need blue and red syringes with whatever labeling to get there, IDGAF.  Git ‘er done.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    What we need is most everyone to get the vaccine.  If we need blue and red syringes with whatever labeling to get there, IDGAF.  Git ‘er done.

thats a problem, getting the left to take the vaccine that trump pushes and the right to take a vaccine for a plannedemic. this country really is messed up. hopefully they can put it in the drinking water when no one is looking
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

So now it’s apolitical? 

(that whooshing sound...)
    Legume said:

thats a problem, getting the left to take the vaccine that trump pushes and the right to take a vaccine for a plannedemic. this country really is messed up. hopefully they can put it in the drinking water when no one is looking
    Unfortunately my sense is that the trajectory of this pandemic inside the next few months is going to make it clear to everyone that getting vaccinated for this really isn't a choice.  
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Legume said:

Unfortunately my sense is that the trajectory of this pandemic inside the next few months is going to make it clear to everyone that getting vaccinated for this really isn't a choice.  
    Well said, I fear the next two months are going to make politics the last thing on everyone's mind.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I read that one of the problems with this vaccine is that it needs to be kept extremely cold at around -100°F.
    Will be interesting to see how long a shot lasts - is this going to be an annual thing or can one get a few years from a shot. Seems some reports have indicated that antibodies in people disappear after just a few months so more than one shot/year??
    Guess we'll learn more soon.
    Also - will the chips they inject in us set off the  security anti-shoplifting alarms at stores???
    Pfizer spent millions figuring out the logistics of distribution. NPR did a piece about it recently. Found this on the Googlz :
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizer-sets-up-its-biggest-ever-vaccination-distribution-campaign-11603272614

Not sure how the last mile will be handled. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:

some will need to be held down while they get stuck with the syringe, they will never believe.  hopefully enough do though, hopefully there is a percentage that the herd thing can work
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Legume said:

Well said, I fear the next two months are going to make politics the last thing on everyone's mind.
    I hope that is not the case, not the politics part, but the part where **** gets really really bad.  I get flu vaccines and will get a CIVID vaccine when available.  I really like not dying and/or not spreading disease to loved ones and pretty much everyone else I may be in contact with.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:

some will need to be held down while they get stuck with the syringe, they will never believe.  hopefully enough do though, hopefully there is a percentage that the herd thing can work

That won't literally happen because it it illegal (except for minors), but the anti-vaxers can screw it up for everyone if we don't get something like 70% or more of the population immunized.
    Options
    Legume said:

as for the trajectory, it looks to be doubling every week around here. not sure if thats sustainable at all
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:

as for the trajectory, it looks to be doubling every week around here. not sure if thats sustainable at all
    That's exponential growth.  It isn't sustainable in the sense that eventually the hospitals are completely overrun.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:

That won't literally happen because it it illegal (except for minors), but the anti-vaxers can screw it up for everyone if we don't get something like 70% or more of the population immunized.

i would think 70 percent will easily come around, but legality with this be damned =)
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    To bad it wasn't available sooner.  Could have given vaccine shot at the polls.  Vote and get the vaccine at the same time.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    To bad it wasn't available sooner.  Could have given vaccine shot at the polls.  Vote and get the vaccine at the same time.
    Of course you would have to vote in person and show an ID for that to work.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Of course you would have to vote in person and show an ID for that to work.
    😂😂😂😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nope.

Two Pfizer shots required, one week apart.
    Total one month from first shot til fully effective.
    Per Gupta on cnn.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    All i know is that im pissed I liquidated my Pfizer stock back in 2019

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:

That's exponential growth.  It isn't sustainable in the sense that eventually the hospitals are completely overrun.  

watch the northern states in the next few weeks, that will tell the tale. we went from 6 new cases per 100k a few weeks ago to 32 new cases now in my little county. doesnt sound like much now but you know the math of doubling, tripling etc as the weeks move forward
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Options
    Legume said:

watch the northern states in the next few weeks, that will tell the tale. we went from 6 new cases per 100k a few weeks ago to 32 new cases now in my little county. doesnt sound like much now but you know the math of doubling, tripling etc as the weeks move forward
    Agree.  Was there much absentee or mail in voting, or mostly in person?

The celebrations in the streets on Saturday just made me cringe.
  • Legume
    Options
    All i know is that im pissed I liquidated my Pfizer stock back in 2019
    Ah, this post is about you.