Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket lab

Options
2»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    cazzy said:
    lkapigian said:
    Awesome @cazzy ....what pit are you getting , another Vault?
    I’m getting a 250 gallons offset built.  There was a 4 month lead time, but we’re finally a few weeks out.

@cazzy , they need to give you a spiff , just got off the phone with Jason looks like I may have another smoker I don't need but want  =)
    That's awesome!  What's the lead time now?  Did you pull the trigger?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited September 2020
    Options
    cazzy said:
    lkapigian said:
    cazzy said:
    lkapigian said:
    I’m getting a 250 gallons offset built.  There was a 4 month lead time, but we’re finally a few weeks out.

@cazzy , they need to give you a spiff , just got off the phone with Jason looks like I may have another smoker I don't need but want  =)

@cazzy From last week,October/November ...Got my invoice today ,paying it tomorrow he said the process will start , kicker is the freight ( like my stumps) 60% the cost of the unit,cheaper for me to fly into Austin and drive it back 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • cazzy
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    cazzy said:
    lkapigian said:
    cazzy said:
    lkapigian said:

@cazzy From last week,October/November ...Got my invoice today ,paying it tomorrow he said the process will start , kicker is the freight ( like my stumps) 60% the cost of the unit,cheaper for me to fly into Austin and drive it back 
    Yeah, I’d fly down, rent a uhaul and drive it back.  
  • lkapigian
    Options
    cazzy said:
    We’re getting super close!  😎

Sweet !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    cazzy said:
     Really really close!  Can’t wait!!!
    Congratulations. She is a beauty 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    cazzy said:
     Really really close!  Can’t wait!!!
    Congratulations. She is a beauty 👍

Thanks, Scottie!
  • lkapigian
    Options
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Looks like the progression of a piece of art.  Very impressive.
    Is that baffling of some sort between the two doors?  If so, details about the airflow paths would be interesting to know.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • cazzy
    edited September 2020
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Is that baffling of some sort between the two doors?  If so, details about the airflow paths would be interesting to know.
    I think you might be talking about the slots that hold the upper grates.  If it’s not, please circle what you’re referencing.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    There are no baffles. This is a straight offset. Firebox to exhaust unimpeded. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    cazzy said:
    dbCooper said:
    I think you might be talking about the slots that hold the upper grates.  If it’s not, please circle what you’re referencing.
    Looked again on PC instead of on phone.  Those upper grate slots are what I confused for some type of baffling.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    What a beast. Look great! Congratulations on the new cooker @cazzy !
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    So what is that taco ??
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • cazzy
    Options
    NDG said:
    So what is that taco ??
    The Real Deal Holyfield taco from Valentinas.  Brisket, fried egg, bacon, potatoes, refried beans and Serrano salsa
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    You need to devour the Real Deal from Valentina's or Cazzy's (truth be told I've only had Valentina's- a mandatory stop in CT) if so lucky.  Worth the road trip!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.