Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Cheese with Sourdough Bacon Bread

That’s it.  That’s the thread.
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 359
    Ah, c'mon... I just had breakfast. Now I want to go make one of these. Sure looks good!
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Nice.
    Lacking one important detail - type of cheese?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    HeavyG said:
    Nice.
    Lacking one important detail - type of cheese?
    Vermont white cheddar.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I have got to try that bread 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Kudos for elevating the humble grilled cheese to a new level by adding bacon the the bread. If it had been added to the sandwich it would somehow have violated the definition of “grilled cheese” sandwich. 
    Well played. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Now that looks fantastic 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2020
    SciAggie said:
    Kudos for elevating the humble grilled cheese to a new level by adding bacon the the bread. If it had been added to the sandwich it would somehow have violated the definition of “grilled cheese” sandwich. 
    Well played. 
    I actually have a thread somewhere where I was doing something similar, just with a mix of cheese and pulled pork.  A friend did indeed object to it being described as a grilled cheese, and said it was more like a "melt".  

In other words, I have learned my lesson!   =)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    nice! 

Just pulled a 30% WW loaf out of the oven. Not as interesting as bacon bread, but I know what I’m having for lunch now. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Nailed it.  Great cook.  I would inhale that.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Jeez, John.   That looks incredible.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Holy Moly, that and a fried egg to dip it in. Just saying man that looks good 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Crap that looks good!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Yes please.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Would hit it!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    edited August 2020
    I was too busy catching up on the 400 unread posts in the “thread that is not dead” that I almost missed this one!

Nice work!  Now all you need now is some homemade tomato cream soup. 👻

This looks excellent, John
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Atta boy!!  Wowzer that looks good!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Wowzer indeed.  Kick butt grilled cheese.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Legume said:
    You think John makes them for the Covid home school lunches? Kids would be showing that off to all their classmates.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Legume said:
    You think John makes them for the Covid home school lunches? Kids would be showing that off to all their classmates.
    I’d actually like to try PB&J on some of that bread, or an Elvis special.  Bacon has so many opportunities you would think it came from prep school and Ivy League college.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Sadly the oldest child is a vegetarian and the youngest is a super picky eater.  

The oldest does enjoy the straight grilled cheese I make for her though, as well as my mac and cheese.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Is that the Forkish "Pan du pancetta"?  If so, we have done it a few times (incluiding once at Brisket Camp), and it's always a win.

Great cook!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 359
    I made a loaf - it was great! - and made sandwiches with tri-tip, thinly sliced. The tri-tip had been cooked using hickory smoke. Got to say, the sandwiches were so good. So utterly good.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Corv said:
    I made a loaf - it was great! - and made sandwiches with tri-tip, thinly sliced. The tri-tip had been cooked using hickory smoke. Got to say, the sandwiches were so good. So utterly good.
    Wow that sounds amazing!