Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Damn son
    Options
    Nailed that cook.  Great ring-"grocery cart?"  Congrats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Good Lord that looks amazing.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nailed it for sure.  Did you do that in the egg or the big rig?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Beautiful. 
    New Orleans LA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice job for sure. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    killer
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Nailed it for sure.  Did you do that in the egg or the big rig?
    Big rig. My eggs are still built into my kitchen at my river property. The renters keep putting match light in it :(
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Nice looking brisket!

Also good to see that you guys were staying hydrated with the Ultra H2O in a can.  ;)
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    noticed the young guy at the table expecting to feast, then resting his head on the table, realizing there are more beverages to be drank before it's chow time.  Great looking cook!
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ike said:
    noticed the young guy at the table expecting to feast, then resting his head on the table, realizing there are more beverages to be drank before it's chow time.  Great looking cook!
    “Dad- can we just eat already? Why do you always take pictures when it’s time to eat”?- every kid on here probably 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    195 finish?   Silly question because it wouldn’t look that good at any other temp!   

Great work 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Nice brisket!  Yours is the closest so far to wrapping all the way around your finger! 

I like kid in background. 

😀
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • carrda04
    carrda04 Posts: 83
    Options
    "They should have sent a poet."
    LG BGE
    Camp Chef 2xburner

Twin Cities, MN
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    thetrim said:
    195 finish?   Silly question because it wouldn’t look that good at any other temp!   

Great work 
    not a silly question..

@Thatgrimguy what temp did you pull it off the cooker?
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    That is as good a brisket (or food really) gets.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited May 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:

Great work 
    More like 204. I know it was past 200 but I wasn't really paying attention to the temp. My alarm went off at 200 and that's when I started probing. 

I pull earlier if I have longer to rest. On this one, the vultures were swarming so I knew I wasn't getting more than an hour or 2 of rest.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    billt01 said:
    thetrim said:

Great work 
    not a silly question..

@Thatgrimguy what temp did you pull it off the cooker?
    thetrim said:

Great work 
    More like 204. I know it was past 200 but I wasn't really paying attention to the temp. My alarm went off at 200 and that's when I started probing. 

I pull earlier if I have longer to rest. On this one, the vultures were swarming so I knew I wasn't getting more than an hour or 2 of rest.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike