Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I guess we will find out between April 23 and May 1 whether they geared up and made it happen.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

wtf 

10 years ago when I lived in NC a New York investment firm called me and said they had just won a contract to mow a freeway corridor somewhere in the NC mountains and needed someone to do it. 

My point is it happens every day. 
    Was it for $55 Mil?  Were you able to charge almost 1000% of the normal price?

I was commenting on johns post. That is to say every company bids on jobs first, then after winning said bid they gear up and make it happen. 
    I guess I would just prefer contracts like this go to companies that actually have track records of procuring medical equipment.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    I agree with that, on the other hand gm and Ford are making ventilators.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I agree with that, on the other hand gm and Ford are making ventilators.  
    That's due to an order they received from the Defense Production Act, not because they put a bid on the job with FEMA.  Regardless, I somehow have more faith in their ability to pull it off as opposed to "Panthera Worldwide" which sounds like a heavy metal fan club.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Jesus.  One of them is complaining about the covid-19 patients taking up too much space in the hospitals.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That is true too but I’ll bet the person that receives that mask from FEMA couldn’t give a darn who made it as long as it works.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    edited April 2020
    Options

wtf 

10 years ago when I lived in NC a New York investment firm called me and said they had just won a contract to mow a freeway corridor somewhere in the NC mountains and needed someone to do it. 

I was commenting on johns post. That is to say every company bids on jobs first, then after winning said bid they gear up and make it happen. 
    The contract in this instance was awarded without competitive bidding.  Given the dire circumstances, in some areas these "no-bid" contracts are prudent to make product delivery times shorter.
    Transparency and oversight in these dealings are obviously of greater importance than in normal times.  Those concerned with such matters should contact their elected officials in the House and Senate and let them know.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    Options
    Would it be possible to quarantine the high risk demographic and let the rest of the country get back to work?  That could possibly satisfy both sides of the argument and not cause further economic hardships.  
    I believe this is the approach Sweden has tried to follow.
    I haven’t kept up with Sweden’s results.  How has it worked?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Would it be possible to quarantine the high risk demographic and let the rest of the country get back to work?  That could possibly satisfy both sides of the argument and not cause further economic hardships.  
    I believe this is the approach Sweden has tried to follow.
    I haven’t kept up with Sweden’s results.  How has it worked?
    Not well.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Jesus.  One of them is complaining about the covid-19 patients taking up too much space in the hospitals.
    More “crisis actors”. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @dbCooper I didn’t realize it was not open bidding contract. That changes the conversation.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fvck, you guys are killing me.
    Options
    And to show that masks are the new norm when out and about:

"Guidelines and regulations regarding face mask use vary throughout the world, but in the Czech Republic, strict mandates mean everyone has to cover up their mouths, including nudists.

While the country has since relaxed face mask regulations, CNN reported that at the height of pandemic concerns last month, police had to remind nudists that their faces needed to be covered in public, even if everything else was left bare.

“Unfortunately, many of the sunbathing citizens were gathered in large groups, and some were not wearing face masks,” read a police statement issued after officers responded to complaints about maskless naturists sunbathing fully nude outside of Prague. “Citizens are allowed to be without clothes in designated locations, but they still must cover their mouths, and only gather in appropriate numbers.”

Condom sales may follow right along  B)  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options

wtf

This could end up being the storyline behind the sequel to the based on real life moview "War Dogs".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Hmmm....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Darwinism, 2020!
    edited April 2020
    Options

wtf 

I read the company or its parent company filed for bankruptcy protection last year. Oh, only $5.50/mask. 3M is losing their shirt at $0.63.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options

Hmmm....
    Good choice, nose ring provides better protection than mask.
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Hmmm....
    Good choice, nose ring provides better protection than mask.
    Clearly the message that you wear a mask to protect others either hasn’t sunk in, or she just doesn’t give two shjts about others.  Or both.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

“If you’re sick still come, it’s your right!”
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    Options
    Does that make Epstein's wife Carole Baskin?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My friend runs a Walmart. Every employee is required to wear a face mask starting today. He doesn't agree with it. My friend thinks it's going to draw in more customers who will think it's "extra safe". They already have issues with customers coming into the store to hang out. He doesn't see how the masks are going to help the employees with the increase volume of customers the store will see.

Damn if you do, damn if you don't. He has to follow protocol. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota