Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Mattress Replacement Time OT

Options
124»

Comments

• butt_juice
    butt_juice Posts: 129
    Options
    @U_tarded nice to know, thank you! Yes the whole platform consists of a solid surface, no slats on this one!
    South Central Kansas
    Instagram: @midwest_voyager
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    @U_tarded nice to know, thank you! Yes the whole platform consists of a solid surface, no slats on this one!
    Brother, I dig your name.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    U_tarded said:
    @lkapigian you're probably not too far off base with that research...Many companies do have plenty of hoops to jump through for warranties!

I told the sales rep that I would be building my own base, he didn't mention anything about that voiding a warranty, but he may not know the ins-and-outs of that. 
    I used to work for a sister company of Denver mattress.  You should be fine, platform beds typically fall in an approved base for them as long as there is sufficient support.  What @ikapigian is probably experiencing is with the box spring foundations.  They don’t like people reusing old ones on a new mattress.  

Also @ikapigian Ashley Homestores are franchise owned, a quick call to the corporate HQ would probably get this solved.  Just like egg dealers Ashley stores can be great or horrible. 
    Thanks @u_tarded I may do that if needed....when the "Tech"left he said that it should be an exchange no problem, but will see. 
    +1 about taking it to corporate Ashley if not resolved with store. I’m in the industry, and their profit model is franchising and financing which is a separate discussion, but the Wanek family are good people and they will protect their brand and always take care of their customers
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    TTC said:
    lkapigian said:
    U_tarded said:
    @lkapigian you're probably not too far off base with that research...Many companies do have plenty of hoops to jump through for warranties!

I told the sales rep that I would be building my own base, he didn't mention anything about that voiding a warranty, but he may not know the ins-and-outs of that. 
    I used to work for a sister company of Denver mattress.  You should be fine, platform beds typically fall in an approved base for them as long as there is sufficient support.  What @ikapigian is probably experiencing is with the box spring foundations.  They don’t like people reusing old ones on a new mattress.  

Also @ikapigian Ashley Homestores are franchise owned, a quick call to the corporate HQ would probably get this solved.  Just like egg dealers Ashley stores can be great or horrible. 
    Thanks @u_tarded I may do that if needed....when the "Tech"left he said that it should be an exchange no problem, but will see. 
    +1 about taking it to corporate Ashley if not resolved with store. I’m in the industry, and their profit model is franchising and financing which is a separate discussion, but the Wanek family are good people and they will protect their brand and always take care of their customers
    Denver mattress is still family owned and I think that has a lot to do with how they treat people I’ve seen some Costco style “warranty” claims happen there that would blow your mind.  

@ttc good to see others in the industry I got out about 3 years ago but I for some sick reason miss it every once in a while.  I guess it depends what part your in, if you manufacture rep it’s a lot different then being on the retail sales side. 
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Purple 3 mattress. Hands down. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Slept on the molecule2 last night for the first time after receiving and allowing it to adjust for 24 hours.

Very comfortable, and for a serious insomniac such as myself (3-4 hours/night max) an incredible night of deep sleep. 6 hours. 6. Whole. Hours. 

I have never slept like that in my life. No aches and pains, I like this, a lot.

We were sleeping on a pillow top previously, which I never gave much thought to, it was comfortable, and a rack to sleep on.

No match for this. Not even close. Great purchase.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    @yukonron,  Did you order from Costco or direct?  Wondering if Costco is same model as the one direct from site?
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @kdink

They are the same, but we ordered direct.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited March 2020
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @kdink

They are the same, but we ordered direct.
    If you would have purchased from Costco, you could have gotten free lifetime mattress replacements. Just take it back when you go get another Christmas tree. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I can't expect them to take something I would not touch..........lol

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    blind99 said:
    OH MAN!  I paid a bunch of money for what was supposed to be a really good king size mattress.  suffered for a few years and wife finally said enough is enough.  our shoulders were in pain.

walking through costco, we saw their $600 king size foam mattress.  I figured if it's terrible I could return it.

it is the best nights sleep i've ever had.  i routinely sleep through the night now, no waking up.  the top is soft enough that you feel cushioned, but not so soft that you can't roll over.  

only problem is it was heavy as heck, and so was my king mattress.  delivery, set up, and removal are a PITA that I would have paid to avoid.
    Not sure how long you have had that mattress but the reason I'm following this thread is to get rid of mine asap. We loved it when we first got it but we both noticed it becoming uncomfortable around the same time. I've had it about a year now and it's totally worn out. you can clearly feel the difference in the firmness at the bottom (where our feet are) as opposed to where our body weight has been. We flipped it around and it was like night and day.  We still both feel like we have been in a car wreck every morning. Cannot get rid of it fast enough.
    well sir, you were right.  my costco mattress now sucks.  over the past 2 months or so it lost its support and now i wake up every morning feeling like someone punched me in the side.  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    I've tried several online mattresses and had to return.  Finally I took a chance on the Sealy Posturepedic West Salem from Costco.   One third the price and more comfort!!  So happy with this purchase