Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OffTopic PSA: Full Jamon Iberico with stand at Costco in SouthTexas

Options
13»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    I saw whole Iberico legs in Madrid that struck me as reasonable/affordable, you just can’t bring one home.  
    Retirement approaches in a couple months.  
    Added to my Bucket List:  flight to Barcelona, visit a ham bar (a Ham bar!!).  Train to Madrid, buy a leg, taxi to Torrejon AFB, Space-A flight home.
    Thank you!  
    Careful with what you try to bring back.  At this point, meat’s not allowed and I wouldn’t think keistering (as @20stone says) a pig leg is advisable.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    I saw whole Iberico legs in Madrid that struck me as reasonable/affordable, you just can’t bring one home.  
    Added to my Bucket List:  flight to Barcelona, visit a ham bar (a Ham bar!!).  Train to Madrid, buy a leg, taxi to Torrejon AFB, Space-A flight home.
    Thank you!  
    Careful with what you try to bring back.  At this point, meat’s not allowed and I wouldn’t think keistering (as @20stone says) a pig leg is advisable.
    A coppa or a lonza might make for a more comfortable flight. Make sure to leave the string hanging out for retrieval.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    20stone said:
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Thank you!  
    A coppa or a lonza might make for a more comfortable flight. Make sure to leave the string hanging out for retrieval.
    Oh boy. Could have done without that visual. Or all of it really. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    You guys are sooooo helpful...  :rofl:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    It’s pretty clear that @20stone is committed to charcuterie on a whole nother level. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    saw this today in our corner of Utah, my wife was not impressed but really only said we would have to have a hell of a party to get through that.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'd like to wash a few slices of that ham down with an ice cold Busch Light
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GourmetIberico
    Options
    That Iberian ham is great! From the pedroches valley in Córdoba. In the area there are very good producers, many of them with more artisan production than the one in the COVAP photo.
    ;)