Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kingsford, Gulf Lite, Weber. Greatness

Options
2»

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Buy some beef short ribs, scroll down to @caliking's instructions and do what he says. I used lump, but apparently briquettes work too. You can thank us later!

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1218822/beef-ribs-help-please/p1
    I have some wagyu shorties from a shady parking lot deal but I was overridden for other menu choices this week. Fajitas tonight, chicken tikka masala tomorrow (with saag paneer and Chana masala) and Korean bbq grilled at the table tomorrow. And a ton of **** beach dogs in between. Was hoping to get the shorties on the Korean bbq menu but it was not to be. 
    Please post up your CTM meal if sober!  We have been trying to replicate a local restaurant's CTM and have not been successful  (I doubt we ever will be, as any other Indian resturant's CTM does not compare).  We have tried over 50 times. Have fun!  
    Here you go:

marinade:

8 oz yogurt
    1.5 tsp salt
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1 tbsp minced ginger
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    1 tbsp tandoori masala (dry spice mix) of choice

marinate chicken 4-8 hours (we use chicken breast). 

28 oz can whole San Marzano tomatoes(do not drain)

8 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons minced ginger

2 teaspoon ground turmeric

1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

2 teaspoon ground paprika

3 teaspoons garam masala

1 teaspoon ground cumin

2 teaspoon salt
    Finish with 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup yoghurt, 2 tbsp ghee

Pressure cook 10 min. Rest 10 min then release pressure

you can  simmer the chicken in the sauce but we like to grill the bird on skewers then serve with sauce in the side. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We used to make an annual beach trip to Port A, but haven't been back since the hurricane.  Any recommendations on where to stay?  I've heard that a lot of the condos haven't been rebuilt yet.
    When we stay in condos we usually stay at Aransas Princess. It’s nice but getting a little long in the tooth for what they charge. 

We usually get a house though and we use Silver Sands as the rental agency. 

Cinnamon shores is a great place to stay but it’s a little ways down the beach. Awesome
    property though

Palmilla is a new development right next to Aransas Princess and it looks really nice. Its
    golf-y though and that’s not my deal. Great looking houses and condos though. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @YukonRon.. Ron did you not just do a redo on that house, I remember the Kitchen being done, Are you now moving?
    @johnmitchell  
    Preparing for a move in a couple years, as soon as our children get out of college.
    Starting now for prepping to go. Heading out west Colorado/Oregon/Wyoming somewhere in that area.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    In the NC Mountains this week (wife, dog and I). I am 4/5 nights with the MM. Tighten up there on the coast every chance ya get. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Buy some beef short ribs, scroll down to @caliking's instructions and do what he says. I used lump, but apparently briquettes work too. You can thank us later!

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1218822/beef-ribs-help-please/p1
    I have some wagyu shorties from a shady parking lot deal but I was overridden for other menu choices this week. Fajitas tonight, chicken tikka masala tomorrow (with saag paneer and Chana masala) and Korean bbq grilled at the table tomorrow. And a ton of **** beach dogs in between. Was hoping to get the shorties on the Korean bbq menu but it was not to be. 
    Please post up your CTM meal if sober!  We have been trying to replicate a local restaurant's CTM and have not been successful  (I doubt we ever will be, as any other Indian resturant's CTM does not compare).  We have tried over 50 times. Have fun!  
    Here you go:

marinade:

8 oz yogurt
    1.5 tsp salt
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1 tbsp minced ginger
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    1 tbsp tandoori masala (dry spice mix) of choice

marinate chicken 4-8 hours (we use chicken breast). 

28 oz can whole San Marzano tomatoes(do not drain)

8 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons minced ginger

2 teaspoon ground turmeric

1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

2 teaspoon ground paprika

3 teaspoons garam masala

1 teaspoon ground cumin

2 teaspoon salt
    Finish with 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup yoghurt, 2 tbsp ghee

Pressure cook 10 min. Rest 10 min then release pressure

you can  simmer the chicken in the sauce but we like to grill the bird on skewers then serve with sauce in the side. 
    Thank you! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    That’s a **** about the yeti. I have had that happen before as well. About all you can do is cuss a little and go buy more supplies 
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    CTM Kebabs.

and someone stole my damn yeti 45 out of the back of my truck last night. And it was full of delicious white claw and a bottle of Tito’s. People suck. 
    RTIC45 on sale now for $171.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Just sold the 22” kettle, as the small Smoky Joe and 26” does most of the cooks.  Getting ready to move MIL from Bella Vista AR back to KS.  I offered wife to relocate there (great golf and fishing), but she won’t leave grandkids. Damn.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Have you ever basted your meat in Kingsford?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Have you ever basted your meat in Kingsford?
    You are disturbed....which is why I like you brother.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow