Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- if unattended... what will you eat until you're sick?

Options

Comments

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    As I read through this list I found about 6 things others can’t stop eating, that I can’t stop eating... maybe I should get some excerise.
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    Double stuff Oreos with the Vanilla wafer. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Onion rings from local greasy spoon burger joints.  They all have names like Bill’s Burgers, Troy’s, John’s Place, etc.  The burgers are good but the onion rings are addictive.  They have a certain salty sweetness to them that I can’t resist and even though they give you way too many I always clear my plate.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Haagen-Dazs Butter Pecan ice cream! The way I protect myself is only eating 1/3rd of a pint per day...and I DO have to limit it to never having more than 1 pint open and 1 pint more on hand!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Bacon

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • PeteG
    PeteG Posts: 14
    Options
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I bought a 30 pack of chocolate chip cookies at Costco and brought 26 of them home.  I live five minutes from Costco. 

So theres my answer

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Tito’s 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    RRP said:
    Haagen-Dazs Butter Pecan ice cream! The way I protect myself is only eating 1/3rd of a pint per day...and I DO have to limit it to never having more than 1 pint open and 1 pint more on hand!
    I bet it gets REAL real fast if you have “London Broil” and Haagen Das Butter Pecan in the House at the same time.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Tito’s 
    Yup - that was me last night...
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    barbecue flavored potato chips.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Those things are like crack for me too. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Heh, what timing.

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Beer.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Makers, oh and most pasta dishes.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Beef jerky & potato chips
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Don't buy the Korean BBQ kettle chips, it's only 1 serving 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Don't buy the Korean BBQ kettle chips, it's only 1 serving 
    That made me laugh!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    The list is long but distinguished:

Krispy Kreme glazed (2 dozen is just a start...)

Bacon

Tater tots

Long John Silvers fish

Girl Scout Cookies (Samoas) (There aren't that many in each box, so 3 boxes makes a nice snack)

Baklava (one year my wife bought me the 40 oz package as a Christmas gift.  It was one of the first presents I opened.  By the time we sat down to breakfast I had eaten it all.  So, then it became a tradition...  We don't do it any more, by my request - as I tend to gain enough weight over the holidays...)

Wheat thins - or most any good potato chip - I'm good for 16 ounces of anything like this when unsupervised.

Julio's chips and my wife's homemade guac

Although it is fair to say that none of this stuff actually makes me sick so maybe I don't qualify.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    The list is long but distinguished:

Krispy Kreme glazed (2 dozen is just a start...)

Bacon

Tater tots

Long John Silvers fish

Girl Scout Cookies (Samoas) (There aren't that many in each box, so 3 boxes makes a nice snack)

Baklava (one year my wife bought me the 40 oz package as a Christmas gift.  It was one of the first presents I opened.  By the time we sat down to breakfast I had eaten it all.  So, then it became a tradition...  We don't do it any more, by my request - as I tend to gain enough weight over the holidays...)

Wheat thins - or most any good potato chip - I'm good for 16 ounces of anything like this when unsupervised.

Julio's chips and my wife's homemade guac

Although it is fair to say that none of this stuff actually makes me sick so maybe I don't qualify.  

nice list @foghorn

Maybe not sick, but by the time your brain tells you you've eaten too much, you are extremely uncomfortable and perhaps there is some shame & regret.  As I spin the Jalapeno artichoke dip container around to read up on the nutrition facts, I see a serving size is 2 TABLESPOONS.  Hmmm...I can fit that on one chip!  Servings per container 25 . . . . and yes, I just ate the fat gram equivalent of 5 big macs.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I don't get it. Why would I want to eat so much of anything that it would make me sick??

@Foghorn, if you have an ALDI nearby, try these...
    Image result for aldi Samoas
    I can't tell the difference between these and GS Samoas. $1.36 according to my receipt from yesterday.

They also have thin mint and peanut butter cookies that I think are GS clones. Not sure except for the Samoas.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @Carolina Q.  Fortunately for me the nearest Aldi's is 85 miles away (yes, I looked).  

And we haven't actually bought any Samoas for at least 5 years.  Dieting definitely takes place at the store - because once it is in the house it's all over.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    definitely would be limes

Image result for limes in gin and tonic

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Thanks @Carolina Q.  Fortunately for me the nearest Aldi's is 85 miles away (yes, I looked).  

And we haven't actually bought any Samoas for at least 5 years.  Dieting definitely takes place at the store - because once it is in the house it's all over.
    @FoghornHard to believe the there are no Aldi's in a city the size of SA! My town pop is under 30K and my Aldi's is 2 miles away, another is 12 miles in another town and yet another, 12 miles in the opposite direction! Their distribution center is only 6 miles from my house.

I buy Aldi Samoas once every 2-3 months or so. That's about it. If I gain weight, it ain't because of cookies! Haven't even opened yesterday's purchase.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Foghorn
    Options
    We have HEB.  It's hard to compete with them on their own turf in their headquarters city.  That doesn't mean that Aldi's won't get here some day.  They're just not here yet.  

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    We have HEB.  It's hard to compete with them on their own turf in their headquarters city.  That doesn't mean that Aldi's won't get here some day.  They're just not here yet.  
    From what I've seen, I'd LOVE to have a HEB!! But I'll be in the cole cole ground long before that happens!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut