Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What do you do with leftover smoked brisket?

In need of creative ideas for leftovers. We put them in the freezer. Last year added them as seasoning to beans. Suggestions most welcomed.

Comments

• dharleydharley Posts: 353
    ^^^^^That
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,322
    Chili as above or tacos or enchiladas 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, (Akron was gifted to a friend)
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,461
    Burnt ends never suck.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GymGym Posts: 361
    +1 for enchiladas
  • mahenryakmahenryak Posts: 1,260
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,948
    Tacos, enchiladas, empanadas
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Surveyor_EggSurveyor_Egg Posts: 56
    chili is my choice.  makes a tasty meal.

------

1 Large BGE

Boston, MA

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,624
    ABT load-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • FSUMarkFSUMark Posts: 5
    brisket hash in the mornings

• wardowardo Posts: 128
    Chili!!

Even a dried out brisket will make excellent chili.  Don't ask how I know
    Charlotte NC - LBGE
  • bclarksiclebclarksicle Posts: 166
    FSUMark said:
    brisket hash in the mornings

+1
  • Matt86mMatt86m Posts: 246
    Stuff some jalapeno poppers with it
    Cows eat grass therefore I am Vegan
    IG -->  matt_86m
  • jdsmithiijdsmithii Posts: 31
    I have made hash, chili, and used it for tacos and nachos.  In terms of creative?  My favorite by far has been smoked brisket ramen.  
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,506
    I usually make chili with them, baked beans, and will cube it up and have it with eggs and biscuits for breakfast.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 14,037
    Makes a great addition to vegetable beef soup. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,948
    Brisket eggs Benedict in the morning. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • BeecaveKitchenBeecaveKitchen Posts: 111
    I think I’m going to try everyone if these fab suggestions! And Ramen.... YUM
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 9,781
    Chop, mix with shredded pepper jack, maybe a little breadcrumbs and stuff some mushrooms.
    Austin, TX
  • KelsoKelso Posts: 67
    Brisket, egg, and cheese breakfast tacos in a butter fried/crisped tortilla.
    XL and a MM.  

League City, Texas
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,277

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• njlnjl Posts: 1,041
    Food saver single serving portions and freeze them for later.  It's been a while since I've had leftover brisket past the couple of days of eating brisket for 2 meals/day that follow cooking a brisket.
  • Markarm4119Markarm4119 Posts: 458
    Fajitas are a favorite at our house.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,474
    edited July 15
    Tacos, smothered burritos, enchiladas, fajitas, huevos rancheros. Cube it small enough to use as the protein in roasted green chile stew for all of the above dishes. As a pizza topping.  Etc.  Use your imagination.  Leftover brisket never goes to waste in our house.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL