Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Business Center - Is Freaking Awesome!

WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,232
I've been meaning to go check it out. I'm glad I did. It's freaking sweet! 1 of 17 Business Centers across the States. The name kind of says it all. It's set up for businesses. No major electronics or food court. I'm not sure how other Costcos are but the local one here is awful trying to get around. Never a parking spot and people shoulder to shoulder inside. A much different story here at the Business Center. You're lucky if you meet another person down an isle. Way more relaxed and enjoyable.

Here's some pics when walking in:

The meat section doesn't disappoint:

This stuff is awesome. I can't find it anywhere other than online. Sams Club used to carry it. I was super pumped to see it available at the Business Center! 

I was like a kid in a candy store. My wife didn't quite understand it. I highly recommended if you have a Business Center locally. Definitely worth checking out. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538

There is one in northern NJ.

I only found it last year, about 30 minutes away from me. Only place I've ever find that carries full packers. I was paying ridiculous prices from my local butcher...

I absolutely love the place! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    I see I have one about 30 min from my house, Northern NJ. After seeing your photos - I have to make a trip 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,851
    Nice. I didn’t realize Costco sold Select grade cuts though. 
  • WeberWho
    Nice. I didn’t realize Costco sold Select grade cuts though. 
    I believe it was just the Tri-Tip. I'd gamble for $3.99/lb
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited June 2019
    I must have missed taking pictures of the Clod. I believe that was Choice.

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,288
    Where are all of the returned Christmas trees?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    That is awesome.  There's one close to the ATL airport I've been to a few times.

And the Costco returned Christmas Tree joke never gets old!  Well played @JohnInCarolina
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looks interesting...do you have to own a business to shop there like restaurant depot?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Looks interesting...do you have to own a business to shop there like restaurant depot?
    Nope,  just be a regular member
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,705
    I went into one in Denver by accident and was wondering where the hell I was!  Unfortunately I had to drive across town to get to another one because they didnt have what I needed.  Otherwise it was pretty cool and i wish we had one here!
  • WeberWho
    I went into one in Denver by accident and was wondering where the hell I was!  Unfortunately I had to drive across town to get to another one because they didnt have what I needed.  Otherwise it was pretty cool and i wish we had one here!
    It would probably take a couple visits to see what they do/don't have when comparing to their normal retail store. I like the mixture of all the stuff you can't get at the regular Costco. I think that might drive away most of the annoying customers who just randomly shop and need to touch everything in the store. No food court, home electronics, clothes, etc. Which is nice. Especially when there for purchasing food. No lines. In and out of the store with ease. 

Minnesota
  • stlcharcoal
    WeberWho said:
    It would probably take a couple visits to see what they do/don't have when comparing to their normal retail store. I like the mixture of all the stuff you can't get at the regular Costco. I think that might drive away most of the annoying customers who just randomly shop and need to touch everything in the store. No food court, home electronics, clothes, etc. Which is nice. Especially when there for purchasing food. No lines. In and out of the store with ease. 

Yeah man.....I would go there a lot if it was local.  They had 75% of what I normally buy.  I cant remember what I needed then, but they didnt have it.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    edited June 2019
    based on some searching, here at the locations i am driving through Atlanta next week i might have to make a pit stop.

Edit to add the link

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/warehouse-locations?location=&tiresCheckout=&orderitemId=&storeId=11301&catalogId=11701&fromPage=&hasBusiness=true&fromWLocSubmit=true&numOfWarehouses=10

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• WeberWho
    Kent8621 said:
    based on some searching, here at the locations i am driving through Atlanta next week i might have to make a pit stop.

Edit to add the link

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/warehouse-locations?location=&tiresCheckout=&orderitemId=&storeId=11301&catalogId=11701&fromPage=&hasBusiness=true&fromWLocSubmit=true&numOfWarehouses=10
    The Business Center has different hours than the Warehouse. Just double check the times if you do decide to go and check it out.

Minnesota
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    There's one about 30 miles south of me that I've only been to once (was passing by it on the way back from a day trip and thought I'd pick up steaks for dinner).  I got there like 5min before closing, so really didn't have much time to look around, but it was quite different from the normal Costco's I shop at.  I wonder if they have a better/more consistent prime brisket packer selection?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,661
    @stlcharcoal
    That's the beauty of Costco.  You don't know what you need until you get there!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • stlcharcoal
    kl8ton said:
    @stlcharcoal
    That's the beauty of Costco.  You don't know what you need until you get there!
    I have this game I play.....try to get as close to $200 without going over.   For some reason it's always a $200 a week trip.  I didnt go last week and sure enough it was 380 something this week.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Looks like they're addressing the growth in Restaurant Depots. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • WeberWho
    njl said:
    There's one about 30 miles south of me that I've only been to once (was passing by it on the way back from a day trip and thought I'd pick up steaks for dinner).  I got there like 5min before closing, so really didn't have much time to look around, but it was quite different from the normal Costco's I shop at.  I wonder if they have a better/more consistent prime brisket packer selection?
    I'd imagine it varies by location. Brisket was $3.49/lb here. I only noticed Choice grade. I think that's right around the cost of Prime grade at the Warehouse. I was hoping to find Prime but no such luck at the Business Center.

Minnesota