Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Empty those pockets

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I want to extend a special thanks to the Buff for allowing this to continue. Between this and CBD oils, it feels like old times around here. 
    Couldn’t agree more, I have been in the tractor for 15 of the last 18 hours... Booooorrrreed 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    have only seen guns drawn once, two dominicans chasing down 5 puerto ricans on middlesex st in lowell mass. the dominicans had uzis. 2 in the morning with a flat tire, not the place to be. things were different in the 80's.  anyways, is it still ok to carry an ax
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    have only seen guns drawn once, two dominicans chasing down 5 puerto ricans on middlesex st in lowell mass. the dominicans had uzis. 2 in the morning with a flat tire, not the place to be. things were different in the 80's.  anyways, is it still ok to carry an ax
    Never change, Fish.
    axes come in handy, like cutting the front fender off a dodge dart after rolling it over on the highway so that you can get home
    fukahwee maine

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Never change, Fish.
    axes come in handy, like cutting the front fender off a dodge dart after rolling it over on the highway so that you can get home

If I am ever in "Fukahwee Maine" I will buy you a drink and I don't really even drink.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Never change, Fish.

If I am ever in "Fukahwee Maine" I will buy you a drink and I don't really even drink.
    Don't worry, he drinks for 2.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Never change, Fish.

Don't worry, he drinks for 2.
    its safer that way, i only drive when sober and you know how that goes
    fukahwee maine

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    Mood sounds like a good thing to base gun decisions on.

No one asked for your opinion on what I do with my firearms slick. You don't like guns fine, don't carry one. Why do you care so much how I carry mine?
    So, is today an inside or outside day?
    Sounds like maybe both.
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    practice, practice, practice.  And if you are gonna carry and bust out your sick dance moves at the same time ya need to practice that too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfqwMQ5DNVQ
    I wonder if the guy who got shot in the leg there cared about how the FBI agent was choosing to carry his gun? 
    Nah - it's his right to carry so it's your duty to take an accidental bullet once in a while - can't abridge the rights of a citizen.

Maybe the rights of a woman to make her own healthcare choices, but that's a different thread.
  • Spaightlabs
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I want to extend a special thanks to the Buff for allowing this to continue. Between this and CBD oils, it feels like old times around here. 
    I feel like we are going to peak too soon - need these to hang on until Friday...

But since some tender, snowflake republicuck was triggered and flagged a bunch of posts I suspect the party is just about over.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I have a ccw permit but rarely carry because, well, at some point most days I find myself holding a beer. Apparently Ohio frowns on that 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Legume said:
    Man I despise liberals. Shouldn’t u have fled to Canada when Trump won? 
    Just exercising my memory here, but  didn’t the “I’m moving to Canada if ____ is elected” thing start when Obama was running?
    I never said it . I’m not a moron or hypocrite , like most liberals .  

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    Legume said:
    Man I despise liberals. Shouldn’t u have fled to Canada when Trump won? 
    Just exercising my memory here, but  didn’t the “I’m moving to Canada if ____ is elected” thing start when Obama was running?
    I never said it . I’m not a moron or hypocrite , like most liberals .  
    Thank you for acknowledging that most liberals are neither morons nor hypocrites.
  • Eoin
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have a ccw permit but rarely carry because, well, at some point most days I find myself holding a beer. Apparently Ohio frowns on that 
    CCWUI? What's the fine / jail time for drinking and carrying?
    Minimum 5 years for just carrying a firearm here, drunk or not.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Wow!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CCWUI? What's the fine / jail time for drinking and carrying?
    Minimum 5 years for just carrying a firearm here, drunk or not.
    i literally know someone that was busted in a drug sting, automatic weapon on his lap, blacked out airstrip, bricks of cocaine getting placed in the trunk from the plane.  he ratted out his friends but still got 5 years for the gun. his dad worked for me at the time. the guys he ratted out for a plea deal got less time in the end.    seems most on the forum missed the 80's
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Why watch an HBO comedy show when you have this forum instead?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Why watch an HBO comedy show when you have this forum instead?
    life is more funny than hbo, better than watching cable tv
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Options
    Wow!
    2018 firearms offences resulting in death = 30 (1 of those was an air gun, which are legal up to a certain energy level).

Last mass shooting incident was 2010, 12 deaths.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    london likes knife homicides, wasnt it even higher than nyc last year
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47156957
    Options
    Currently a little over 200 per year across the UK. It's bad (for the UK), but still lower per head than knife deaths in the USA. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47156957
    285 last year. I looked at this year, 100 was reached in a little under 6 months, so better than 2018 so far.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I get the importance of tackling knife crime, but I don’t get why discussions touching upon the irrefutably low rates of gun violence in the U.K. (a result of effective gun policies) keep resulting in a focus on a meager (and seemingly un noteworthy, relative to the U.S.) number of knife deaths across several threads in this forum. 

It may be surprising to some, but I just spent a good chunk of time in the U.K. and didn’t get stabbed even once. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I get the importance of tackling knife crime, but I don’t get why discussions touching upon the irrefutably low rates of gun violence in the U.K. (a result of effective gun policies) keep resulting in a focus on a meager (and seemingly un noteworthy, relative to the U.S.) number of knife deaths across several threads in this forum. 

It may be surprising to some, but I just spent a good chunk of time in the U.K. and didn’t get stabbed even once. 
    My friends dad was murdered two months ago with a butcher knife. I got to clean up his Dads apartment with his son a few days later where a chunk of carpet was missing where he died in his own blood. Stabbings happen here in the US. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Spaightlabs
    Options

Yeah, but you'll probably never know how many close calls you had.  The thing is that a bunch of good guys with knives might have stopped a bunch of bad guys with knives and you just don't hear it because knives are a silent killer.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Yep. Funny how bad guys only use guns
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota