Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Why Do I Think Of @caliking When I Read This Article

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I remember a few years back (prolly 10 years or so) I had rotater cuff surgery on my right shoulder (dominant hand). The hardest thing for me was to wipe my rear end with my left hand. It weren't purdy. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I lol'd so hard at that quote myself.  And while the reddit user may not be a world renowned authority on cleanliness, I have to agree.  At the start of my career I had to do shift work.  As such, the employees had to share some resources like chairs.  Some chairs were to be avoided.  So, "Yes, people can tell.  Yes, it's really that bad".
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This is awesome. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    I remember a few years back (prolly 10 years or so) I had rotater cuff surgery on my right shoulder (dominant hand). The hardest thing for me was to wipe my rear end with my left hand. It weren't purdy. 
    Have to agree 100%. I had gout in my right wrist for 3 days, and it’s amazing how tough it was to wipe left handed, or run a computer mouse!
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    So the procedure has science behind it. What a about johnnie house and Sears Roebuck catalogs. You had to avoid the slick pages.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Have to agree 100%. I had gout in my right wrist for 3 days, and it’s amazing how tough it was to wipe left handed, or run a computer mouse!
    Wait... there are people who wipe their butt with their right hand??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    So, how’s that one-handed pie making going?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:
    I'm not one of them, then again, I'm right handed.
    Options
    Legume said:
     I've found that soap has it's merits.

• Legume
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    So, does left / right matter then?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ISS head

Image result for space station toilet

Options
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    For what kind of pies?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Options
    I think I’ve drank my last Lefthand Milk Stout.

Hand pies Ron, hand pies.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
     Depends on who the pie is for :smiley:

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Too friggin funny-for the record the only thing I attempt right-handed is a wicked wolf whistle.  Used to play golf right-handed but mailed that in after 50+ years and gave it up.  (Natural lefty here -and that is about 10% of the population).  FWIW-
    Edit: front to back , left to right or all the reverse of the above-all good. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    caliking said:
    If they do, you know they’re not a thief from Saudi Arabia.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Since we’re all friends here, I did want to let y’all know that I just used my left to wipe (I used the paper), and I was quite amazed w my dexterity!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    The toilet on a submarine looks similar to this:

The valve on the left is seawater for flushing, the handle on the right is a ball valve straight to the sanitary tank. When the San tank is full, it is pressurized with air (pressure depends on the depth). Many a squid has overlooked the sign saying the tank is pressurized and joined the brown speckled trout club by opening that ball valve and creating a sh!t-geyser. I can honestly say I managed to not join that esteemed club in my 20 years of service. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited May 2019
    Options
    CTMike said:

The valve on the left is seawater for flushing, the handle on the right is a ball valve straight to the sanitary tank. When the San tank is full, it is pressurized with air (pressure depends on the depth). Many a squid has overlooked the sign saying the tank is pressurized and joined the brown speckled trout club by opening that ball valve and creating a sh!t-geyser. I can honestly say I managed to not join that esteemed club in my 20 years of service. 
    Why are submariners always talking about things being forced into poop holes under too much pressure?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:

Why are submariners always talking about things being forced into poop holes under too much pressure?
    No one (that I know of) flushes a submarine toilet while sitting on it - that is a recipe for a high pressure sh!t enema. Rather you stand up, zip up your coveralls, then flush. To give you some more ammunition, the coveralls are called a “poopy suit.” I do not know the origin of the name. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @CTMike has opened a $hit storm library of tales that are best left to your imagination.  Suffice to offer, crap under pressure and then unexpectedly released when not planned in your presence can lead to ...

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    #Go Army Beat Navy
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Same experience. 6 years ago. Back to front. Front to back. It’s all so confusing. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I really thought this was going to be another killer cook.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    From Mike?  Like he ever cooks anything. 😉
  • CTMike
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Said the guy who takes credit for Nicole’s hard work.  B)

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    CTMike said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Said the guy who takes credit for Nicole’s hard work.  B)
    It must be past your bedtime. And yes, I ride on her shoulders 🤣
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Not Mike, Ashish....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Is this going to be another of those 2000 post threads? Oooops! I abetted!