Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Japanese Crack

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    im out, thats twice the value of crown =)
    True but it will last me a year (edit- if I stop sneaking sips). $40 of crown is gone in a night with the right crew
     "the right crew" = me, Netflix, and a box of Cheez-its. 
    that's one helluva crew
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    This better be good @The Cen-Tex Smoker. Order placed for a 750. I’m in. 

I’m buying food products based on the advice of a known cricket eater... lol
    That's how you know you can trust it.  The only way crickets taste good is with some killer sauce on them.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This better be good @The Cen-Tex Smoker. Order placed for a 750. I’m in. 

I’m buying food products based on the advice of a known cricket eater... lol
    I just finished some chicken fajitas I made for lunch with a small splash of this...I. Can't. Stop. Can't wait to hear what you think.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Manchurian Candidate - shot of vodka, dash of soy sauce.  Listed as a shot, but I think you have room to experiment here a bit.  Rocks, slice of ginger or lemongrass stir.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Is this better than the kikoman soy packets I get for free from Panda Express? Its a pain opening 30 of them for a single dish, but it is free.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Is this better than the kikoman soy packets I get for free from Panda Express? Its a pain opening 30 of them for a single dish, but it is free.
    Im pretty sure they use this same stuff. Remarkably similar. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    It can’t possibly be that good. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Until you suck it down from a bag at but Blast 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    Options
    Maybe we can pass around shots in 3mL syringes at BB from @DoubleEgger bottle.  This might be better than last year when “someone” broke out the Pappy. Eggers to remain nameless.   
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I do like a recent change where I add a small amount of both sesame oil and soy sauce to my scrambled eggs.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I do like a recent change where I add a small amount of both sesame oil and soy sauce to my scrambled eggs.  
    Add a teaspoon of Sambal Olek.  Thank me at B.B.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Mmmmm, I've been thinking the same, but I fell for Italian crack years ago called La Bomba Hot Antipasto Spread. Through three eggers on the original forum I was able to buy a dozen jars. I believe at least two of those eggers are now dead, but I still have 7 secure, unopened jars. When I enjoy that spread I think of what Little Steven, Car Wash Mike and Reel Gem did for the BGE world much less this forum's founding eggers!

RIP all of you!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    Mmmmm, I've been thinking the same, but I fell for Italian crack years ago called La Bomba Hot Antipasto Spread. Through three eggers on the original forum I was able to buy a dozen jars. I believe at least two of those eggers are now dead, but I still have 7 secure, unopened jars. When I enjoy that spread I think of what Little Steven, Car Wash Mike and Reel Gem did for the BGE world much less this forum's founding eggers!

RIP all of you!!!
    I have read about that spread and wanted to try it, but I cannot find it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:

RIP all of you!!!
    I have read about that spread and wanted to try it, but I cannot find it.
    No - don't even waste a minute trying to find it! It seems to be readily available in Canada and that's how I bought my first from the late Little Steven. Then via Car Wash Mike's "connection" with ReelGem she gave us her commercial pass word into a wholesale house in Chicago. We split 2 cases.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    thetrim said:
    Never thought to add that to eggs.  I've only ever used that to make wing sauce.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    thetrim said:
    Never thought to add that to eggs.  I've only ever used that to make wing sauce.
    Totally intrigued. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MNEggerandStuff
    Options
    This looks like what they had on that Salt, Fire show
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So the mailman just delivered this. Yup...I could eat my shoe with this stuff on it. Thanks @The Cen-Tex Smoker  salty, sweet, smokey, and earthy. I can pick up the molasses/coffee notes from the whisy barrel  

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    What I half expected to see when opening this thread....

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Also, on a related note, I just stumbled across this.....

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    So the mailman just delivered this. Yup...I could eat my shoe with this stuff on it. Thanks @The Cen-Tex Smoker  salty, sweet, smokey, and earthy. I can pick up the molasses/coffee notes from the whisy barrel  

Glad you like it. Still can’t stop putting it on stuff. Janell has asked me to stop. But I can’t.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The Man In The Brown Shorts™ finally brought my bottle today!  Sadly its another week before I can start chewing things thanks to my dental surgery, and I don't think it'll taste too great on cottage cheese, yogurt, or chocolate pudding... :(

EDIT:  Oooh, there's soup!  :lightbulb:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Botch said:
    The Man In The Brown Shorts™ finally brought my bottle today!  Sadly its another week before I can start chewing things thanks to my dental surgery, and I don't think it'll taste too great on cottage cheese, yogurt, or chocolate pudding... :(

EDIT:  Oooh, there's soup!  :lightbulb:
    It’s awesome right out of the bottle but soup is a great idea. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options

Tried it for the first time last night

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options

If both Cen-Tex and DoubleEgger approve of this, that’s enough for me. Will be ordering some via Amazon shortly.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options

Only thing that would have made it better for me is some parking lot wagyu.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options

It’s all mail order fish now.