Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Can't go Wrong with Wings

epl108epl108 Posts: 11
Had a few friends over yesterday to watch some football.  Wound up grilling a variety of food later in the afternoon, but started the day with a big (~85) batch of wings.  Cooked indirect at 375 or so using the 30-20-10 method.  About half got a BBQ sauce basting, 1/4 had a thick hot sauce, and 1/4 were left dry for the final 10 minutes.  All came out deliciously (aside from some of the wings around the edges which got scorched due to their location outside the protection of my deflector stone) and were eaten in one sitting, without even leftovers to enjoy for the later games.  Took every inch of the grid on my XL to fit the entire batch.

Comments

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,861
    Hell yeah!
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,777
    You show can;t!  Looks great!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,774
    Bulk Wings right there !!
    Visalia, Ca
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,277
    Way to bring it home.  Great cook right there.  Congrats.
    Sounds like there were more groceries to be had??
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,450
    Holy sh!t...sure you couldn’t squeeze a few more on that thing? Try Cazzy’s wings for a change from standard grilled wings. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,782
    You can never go wrong with wings. Those look amazing.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• You are correct, looks great!
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,493
    You just turned a rib machine into a wing machine! Love the variety.
    canuckland
  • epl108epl108 Posts: 11
    Holy sh!t...sure you couldn’t squeeze a few more on that thing? Try Cazzy’s wings for a change from standard grilled wings. 
    Will have to check out Cazzy's next time.  Appreciate the idea!
  • forgive my ignorance, but please tell me what the 30-20-10 method is.  I'm guessing 30 mins on 1 side, 20 mins on the other & 10 mins....for what?
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,789
    Sure you can ( paging @Mickey ) but you did great  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • No, no you cannot.  Yours look great.

That last pic alone could sell a lot of XL's!  Just look at all that real estate.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,388
    those look killer. great job!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,132
    Great cook and pics.  Thanks for posting.  As you've probably figured out, you can do that many on the XL but the wings that are not in the silhouette of the plate setter will do better if they are rotated more frequently.  I switch them out with wings in the protected zone every 5 minutes or so when I'm paying attention and haven't had too many adult beverages... and don't get caught up in conversation... or prepping some other food... or greeting guests... or watching the game...

So, yeah, I tend to burn a fair number of peripheral wings.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Looks amazing!!! What is the 30-20-10 method? 
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,239
    fake news! I only counted ~76 

looks great, I might do wings Saturday thanks to this
    Boom
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 3,168
    mrsgoding said:
    Looks amazing!!! What is the 30-20-10 method? 
    Grill them indirect heat at 375f for 30 minutes, flip, 20 minutes, toss in sauce, 10 more minutes.

Welcome!
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 19,058
    Even after "the" picture I still cook wings direct raised @ 400. Just keep an eye on them. 
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now).