Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    That's what I was going to ask.  Seems like I was just reading about the house addition/work not too long ago.  What about the kiddos and school?  Home schooling them during the trip?
    Anywho.  Congrats on the upcoming travel.  That's what dreams are made of!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    lousubcap said:
    That may be the biggest $$ purchase here to date.  

Ooooh, a challenge!   =)

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    kl8ton said:
    @DoubleEgger
    I hope to visit a lot of you on our journey!  I am leaving the LBGE with my father for the duration of the trip.
    Without prying too much, what made you decide to take the leap? You just finished your house right? 
    We do already homeschool the 6 kids.  Oldest is 13 youngest is 5.  Looking for more family time, see the country, build lasting memories & relationships.  We plan on "settling down" again in a couple years.  

Yes, we just finished our "dream home" and planned to live the rest of our lives here.  We felt our family was more important than the home.  

. . . and i look forward to purchasing a home in the upcoming recession.  :-)

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    @DoubleEgger
    I hope to visit a lot of you on our journey!  I am leaving the LBGE with my father for the duration of the trip.
    Without prying too much, what made you decide to take the leap? You just finished your house right? 
    We do already homeschool the 6 kids.  Oldest is 13 youngest is 5.  Looking for more family time, see the country, build lasting memories & relationships.  We plan on "settling down" again in a couple years.  

Yes, we just finished our "dream home" and planned to live the rest of our lives here.  We felt our family was more important than the home.  

That’s awesome brother. I’m super happy for you and your family. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,657
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    @DoubleEgger

What a great experience gor your children!!! Congrats! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

@kl8ton  All the very best to you on this adventure.  I moved into an RV with my daughter for what was supposed to be a couple of months.  It suited us so well we ended up staying in it for 3 years.  That was 10 years ago, and my kid still talks about it fondly.  I still miss the simplicity.  
    Phoenix 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @kl8ton. When headed up through SE PA, feel free to park it at my house. Big level driveway in the woods and neighbors that are far away (but not far enough for me).  LG BGE on the deck, fire pit on the side of the house and cold beer in the garage fridge.
    Hit me up when you will be stopping by.

6 kids and 2 adults in a camper for who knows how long.  Brave. Hope you upgraded the black water holding tank size.  Ha ya ha..  

Godspeed and safe travels on this chapter of your life. Can’t wait to see and read the updates. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    New duck oven jacket in timber pattern

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,345
    I have a problem....65qt for hunting season.

LBGE
    AL
  • I have a problem....65qt for hunting season.

Is it wrong that I’m thinking about asking for one of their loadout buckets for Christmas?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TideEggHead
    @TEXASBGE2018 Nope! I like them, functional for my purposes. They are on sale for $29 at Academy sports right now with free shipping.
    LBGE
    AL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    @TEXASBGE2018 Nope! I like them, functional for my purposes. They are on sale for $29 at Academy sports right now with free shipping.
    Cool. I think I’ll go get one. I could use one on the boat. The non skid protects the boat’s fiberglass. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Is it wrong that I’m thinking about asking for one of their loadout buckets for Christmas?
    I’m wanting a Tank and Silo myself. If RTIC don’t release one soon I will end up with the Yeti. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    I was gonna make a joke about keeping the same ice for a 2-week duck hunting trip, but...
    but...
    $29?!?!?!?  

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 588
    edited November 2018
    I bought in, like it so far.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • TideEggHead
    Cool. I think I’ll go get one. I could use one on the boat. The non skid protects the boat’s fiberglass. 
    False alarm brother, I just pulled up their website to order one for a buddy and they already took the sale down. I thought it was going to run all week since it started Sunday.
    LBGE
    AL
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Botch said:
    I was gonna make a joke about keeping the same ice for a 2-week duck hunting trip, but...
    but...
    $29?!?!?!?  
    Haha. They are normally $39. I would have a hard time justifying buying it myself but if it’s a Christmas gift for me from someone else who cares.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Just bought a case of yuengling.  Can't get it in IL 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    I have said before and I will say it again. I’m an absolute sucker for the box deals with the cups and glasses. I just can’t pass them up if I see them. They beckon to me.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• @sgh has the right idea. I, on the other hand, just bought north of 1K in nest products :(
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    New hat just ordered.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • An auto thermostat

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    2 ounces of auto touchup paint, just in case =) is that enough....is that enough for me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    Just got 3 new sets of overalls. 

The striped ones are shaving overalls. The blue ones are for daily wear. 

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    "Shaving overalls"? That seems pretty specific.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    HeavyG said:
    "Shaving overalls"? That seems pretty specific.
    Gotta be the crotchless cut...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    b'Gosh!  

• DMW said:
    New hat just ordered.

Howard Stern logo?
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • Water pump and belt tensioner to go with said thermo