Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    They have been trying to do those things for years. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited November 2020
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    This is an interesting and eye opening read if anyone's curious what Biden's plans on gun rights look like.  

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

I agree with a lot of it. Some of it is overreach, like requiring all guns sold to have fingerprint readers. Guns aren't iPhones. 

His worst is an overall ban on all internet sales - include gun parts
    Except online sales (obviously) pretty much all of this is in place here in Maryland.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    edited November 2020
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    This is an interesting and eye opening read if anyone's curious what Biden's plans on gun rights look like.  

I agree with a lot of it. Some of it is overreach, like requiring all guns sold to have fingerprint readers. Guns aren't iPhones. 

Except online sales (obviously) pretty much all of this is in place here in Maryland.
    In Maryland you are required to pay a $200 tax stamp on high capacity magazines (anything over 10 rounds) and on all semi-automatic guns?  That is what Joe is proposing.  Retroactive too.  Pay $200 per gun and per magazine or sell them back to the government.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Pay $200 per gun and per magazine or sell them back to the government.
    At x 200 I could buy most people’s home for what I would owe. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    I have high capacity magazines that I bought back in the 80’s that was 15-35 bucks. I really like the idea of paying 200 bucks to keep them. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    edited November 2020
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I think I have around 5 guns that aren't registered to us from family and friends.  The majority came from background checks.
    @nolaegghead you may be in the minority on that one
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options

Meaning me low on the side of unregistered (to me)?
    edited November 2020
    Options

Meaning me low on the side of unregistered (to me)?
    High side on registrstion.  Many states do not require registration.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I bought a 22 registered so if they ever come knocking I’ll have something to give them ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I bought a 22 registered so if they ever come knocking I’ll have something to give them ;-)
    Like a throwaway wallet for pickpockets?
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    SonVolt said:

In Maryland you are required to pay a $200 tax stamp on high capacity magazines (anything over 10 rounds) and on all semi-automatic guns?  That is what Joe is proposing.  Retroactive too.  Pay $200 per gun and per magazine or sell them back to the government.
    Pretty sure we are not allowed to buy, sell, trade magazines greater than 10 rounds.  I may slip up to Pa or over to De to buy 17s, and bring them home.  Long lists of disallowed pistols and rifles.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    It's possible, the longer they recount, the closer they get to having a senate majority. I expect the prices of guns, magazines, and ammunition to go up. I have a non functioning 270 that I can turn in.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    It's possible, the longer they recount, the closer they get to having a senate majority. I expect the prices of guns, magazines, and ammunition to go up. I have a non functioning 270 that I can turn in.
    That’s the way to think positively!  Good for you.  Turning the corner!
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    SGH said:
    Curious how much that model is going for in your area? Around here it is in the $700 range with a standard G19 in the $599 range.
    Any of y’all remember the good ole days when the average price of Glocks was about 300 bucks?
    The cost of plastic has really went up. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,478
    Options
    Let me see more of that tri-tip.  I can easily find a knife blade.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Interesting case out of the 9th circuit earlier this year.

Duncan v. Becerra

Pretty much invalidates CA's magazine capacity ban. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SGH
    Options
    Interesting case out of the 9th circuit earlier this year.

Duncan v. Becerra

Pretty much invalidates CA's magazine capacity ban. 
    You better be more concerned with who is about to take the White House. You better buy everything you want gun related right now. If you can find it. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I have been buying guns and ammo real heavy since March. Looking back I’m glad I did it.  

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,041
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Let me see more of that tri-tip.  I can easily find a knife blade.   B)
    Ha! Nothing plate worthy. The tri-tip I found in the discount section. I slapped some baked beans next to it and called it good enough. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have been buying guns and ammo real heavy since March. Looking back I’m glad I did it.  

The gun/ammo manufacturers and retailers are even more glad that you're hoarding. They and the NRA have been in cahoots for the last dozen years to scare folks into buying up all their products.

The reality is that nobody is going to be taking anyone's guns. But Glock,et al certainly don't mind that people think their guns are going to be confiscated so buy on - it's good for my portfolio. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Buy them guns and ammo now while it's super expensive even though we will have a Republican senate for two more years minimum.  Very smart, guys.
    Options
      🤪🤑Type your comment
    Options
    Speaking of guns it looks like Remington is poof.

Bought a V3 for duck hunting last year after shooting my buddy’s versmax and loving it. I went to pick up some extra parts just in case and they are all sold out. Looks like the ammo portion of Remington is still somewhat intact but everything else may or may not come back. At least it gives me an excuse to get a new shotgun.
    LBGE
    AL
  • JohnEggGio
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Buy them guns and ammo now while it's super expensive even though we will have a Republican senate for two more years minimum.  Very smart, guys.
    It's about home defense in my case, not about worry over rights - and I can afford the extra $200.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Yeah they are going to have way bigger fish to fry. Joe will not be able to get his tax plan anywhere and they know it. Covid and the economy are going to occupy his first two.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    Buy them guns and ammo now while it's super expensive 
    I think you mean while a few are available. The guns that good God fearing Christian folks want have been sold out or very limited availability since the fake pandemic started.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    It's about home defense in my case, not about worry over rights.
    My expectation is most are not making their first gun purchase but the point was people are buying while prices are artificially inflated by their own demand.