Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Caved. Gutless.

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    NRA life member.  Got a problem with that?  Here we go.
    You didn't answer my question about grapes. I see you are deflecting.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Well, that's me too, NOT.  Not AMA for me.  Pharma is the big boy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Everyone keeps saying the NRA is so powerful yet they aren’t on the list of top donors. The medical field is the big boy in Washington 

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/top.php?indexType=s
    The NRA’s power really isn’t about money so much as their ability to mobilize their network of supporters.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Everyone keeps saying the NRA is so powerful yet they aren’t on the list of top donors. The medical field is the big boy in Washington 

The NRA’s power really isn’t about money so much as their ability to mobilize their network of supporters.
    Who donate money.  It's all about money.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Or is this an airport question?
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Or is this an airport question?
    It's always about airports.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Hartsfield is an RTIC airport.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I would rate it more Igloo. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Well, not a ton actually. Not compared to the medical field.  But they do something just as important: they vote.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I would rate it more Igloo. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YukonRon
    Options
    So I am guessing NRA is not No Republicans Anymore?
    Missed that one too.
    Gotta up my game.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Sponsored by Mossberg...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Newsflash everything you see in the media is sponsored by someone. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Well, not a ton actually. Not compared to the medical field.  But they do something just as important: they vote.
    True.  And they always vote. Midterms included.  God Bless America
  • YukonRon
    Options
    GBA.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Newsflash everything you see in the media is sponsored by someone. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    What about the message @DMW got any comments on the real talking points there? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Wait, we're supposed to read?  JC!
  • DMW
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Sure, I'll start with the initial postured talking point. Armed guards in every school in our country sounds like a great idea, but it really isn't an economically feasible concept. It sounds like a great idea until everyone realizes they don't want to pay upwards of $15K property taxes. Mine already are getting pretty close to that, and I know some that are already paying more than that. Putting the burden of prevention and protection on schools just doesn't seem right.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    Dobie said:
    Sure, I'll start with the initial postured talking point. Armed guards in every school in our country sounds like a great idea, but it really isn't an economically feasible concept. It sounds like a great idea until everyone realizes they don't want to pay upwards of $15K property taxes. Mine already are getting pretty close to that, and I know some that are already paying more than that. Putting the burden of prevention and protection on schools just doesn't seem right.
    Tax would be 1/3 that in KY.  Then how does it seem.  Burden is the wrong word by the way.
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    Dobie said:
    Tax would be 1/3 that in KY.  Then how does it seem.  Burden is the wrong word by the way.
    What is the correct word?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    Dobie said:
    Onus.  Who's job is it?  Onus my brother.
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    Dobie said:
    Onus.  Who's job is it?  Onus my brother.
    I can go with that. Onus is only one vowel off from anus. Paging @SGH

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Yeti being ashamed? This is the same foundation that also trained Nikolas Cruz on how to get the most out of his weapon in both a youth program and educational program. You can't make this stuff up

Yes you *can* make this stuff up, and the rag newspaper you read did make it up.

Cruz was a member of the JROTC, which is funded by the US Army.  The school he attended applied for and happily accepted a grant from the NRA to assist with the JROTC program.  So why didn't the headline read "The US Army trained shooter" or "High school trained shooter"???? It wasn't an NRA instructor or syllabus....it was the Army.

So do you want to get rid of the JROTC and/or NRA marksmanship / safety training?

I'm a NRA instructor, range safety officer, and a CCW instructor for the states of MO and IL.  In order to get a permit in either state your have to be trained by a state approved and NRA certified instructor (meaning you went through a lot of training, background checks, spent a chunk of money doing it).  I know you dont like ccw, but wouldn't you rather have qualified people like myself teaching it?  

I understood it to be an after school program which was funded by the NRA, separate from ROTC, which also taught other students, not affiliated with ROTC. This was what I had read, and also had an ATF agent explain it to me.

Yes, he was part of some marksmanship team as well.......they used air rifles, not AR-15s.  The NRA still didn't "train" him like all the articles claim--no NRA instructors, no NRA training courses.  The NRA Foundation gave the school a grant that the school applied for.   By the same standard, the papers could have written a nearly identical article stating the school or US Army trained him (and either would have been more accurate.)  But does it really matter in the end?  No.
  • DMW
    Options
    We have all strayed over so many tangents. However, I have seen no evidence whatsoever to support the OP's claim that Yeti "caved". I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Yeti was under pressure to make any sort of decision one way or another. I'd like to see some sort of evidence in support of that.

Actually, I'd rather not. What I would like; is that we would all step back, take a look, and decide that we are more decent than taking pop shots at each other.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Heartbreaking watching the Yeti desecration.  Speechless.
    Seriously. I hate status symbols and that is one. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Summary please.  Who won/lost and made an a$$ of themselves?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    bgebrent said:
    Heartbreaking watching the Yeti desecration.  Speechless.
    Seriously. I hate status symbols and that is one. 
    Could not agree more.  Don't miss my sarcasm please.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    DMW said:
    We have all strayed over so many tangents. However, I have seen no evidence whatsoever to support the OP's claim that Yeti "caved". I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Yeti was under pressure to make any sort of decision one way or another. I'd like to see some sort of evidence in support of that.

Actually, I'd rather not. What I would like; is that we would all step back, take a look, and decide that we are more decent than taking pop shots at each other.
    You are a d!ck
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin