Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Junk food- What’s your poison

Options

Comments

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    At home...peanut butter and mayo samich...dont judge me. Away...mickie d's double cheeseburger. Again no judging. I once won a bet with some golf buddies.  I ate 10 MacDonald's double cheese burgers in 20 min. Paid for my next round of golf the next morning. It really wasn't hat hard either.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,843
    Options
    Thanks @SaltySam.  I try. Your buddy’s dad and I would probably enjoy dining together.  We could definitively determine if McDonald's fries or Sonic's tots are the perfect spud accompaniment for Long John Silver's fish.

I did the “diet” version of this once. I got medium tots, then the 4 fish, then I drove through for doughnuts so I only had 12.  I felt good about being able to show restraint.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    At home...peanut butter and mayo samich...dont judge me. Away...mickie d's double cheeseburger. Again no judging. I once won a bet with some golf buddies.  I ate 10 MacDonald's double cheese burgers in 20 min. Paid for my next round of golf the next morning. It really wasn't hat hard either.
    @ksmyrl, I'll pass on the samich.  But we could go to town on the McD's burgers.  I ate 12 quarter pounders on a high school basketball trip.  Could have eaten more but that was all the free ones I could find.  Everybody on the trip got 2 - including cheerleaders, equipment managers, etc and many only wanted 1.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Boileregger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Fine bourbon.
    This.  I've given up drinking to help lose weight and the lack of bourbon is killing me.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Not necessarily junk food but a tray of bad decisions that taste so good. 

Love the Varsity!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Fine bourbon.
    This.  I've given up drinking to help lose weight and the lack of bourbon is killing me.
    Bourbon is a diet drink compared to most beers. Drink up.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    "... the lack of bourbon is killing me."
    This is not something you read every day.

San Antonio, TX

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Candied bacon on butter pecan ice cream with hot fudge and topped with slats candied pecan.  It is by far my favorite guilty pleasure!    I can’t stop once I start which is why I’m so damn fat these days.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Wings are my kryptonite. And craft beer, trying to cut my beer drinking to once a week now, and so far that hasn’t happened 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    A pack of crackers, thick sliced garlic bologna, american cheese and in season, sliced tomatoes, with a white burgundy.
    All damn day. 
    High-brow junk food, right here.  :)
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Cheez its . Hands down. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Almond joy....im cuckoo for coconut
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Wings are my kryptonite. And craft beer, trying to cut my beer drinking to once a week now, and so far that hasn’t happened 
    I hear you brother. IMO, easier way to split it is: no beer on weekdays but no rules on weekends. On weekends, sub about half your beers for low-cal varieties (e.g., Michelob Ultra, etc.). Once you’re a few in, you won’t notice the difference.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - You do know that life is too short for light/lite beer.  Otherwise your plan for the weekdays has merit.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - You do know that life is too short for light/lite beer.  Otherwise your plan for the weekdays has merit.  
    I would counter that life’s too short for a pot-belly.

:blush::)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    The pot-belly part can definitely be addressed w/o screwing around with beer. =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    McDonald's Double Cheese Burger with Mac Sauce (Basically a big mac for $1.50)
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    Wienerschnitzel chili cheese dogs.  I miss the days of my local Der Wienerschnitzel with chili cheese dogs, suicide sodas, and their fried chicken, bacon and swiss croissants (IMO the best fast food chicken sandwich ever).
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    More of a junk drink, Coke over ice...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Hershey bar dipped in Jiffy creamy peanut butter
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • gonepostal
    Options
    1) chips and salsa 2) Reese’s 3) Bagel Bites 
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oles with house salsa.

Hardee's Sunday Biscuits N Gravy for $1.25, another staple. 

Anything at Maid-Rite, triple cheeseburger here.

Big Kahuna grilled pork T at The Precinct.

Cousin's large combo, free always tastes the best.  :)

Chocolate is always an extra special treat.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Taco Johns and Maid Rites?  You must live near me, @Focker.   If so, I like your style.  We should grab lunch sometime.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Focker
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    Taco Johns and Maid Rites?  You must live near me, @Focker.   If so, I like your style.  We should grab lunch sometime.  
    Quad Cities IL/IA.
    Where's your castle?
    You're welcome here, any time.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I’m on the other side of Iowa.  This side of the Missouri, in Omaha.  Didn’t think I’d see anyone say Potato Ole’s on here!  We’ll plan on splitting a six pack and a pound whenever we meet up. Or, quite possibly we’ll each tackle the deal.  It wouldn’t be my first time. Ha!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    My dinner hat trick for when my wife is out of town:

Go to Sonic for a large order of tater tots.

Eat them while driving to Long John Silvers to get 4 fish filets.

Eat the fish while driving to Krispy Kreme where I go into the store because they give me a free doughnut to add to the dozen that I buy and eat.  Because, you know, 12 just isn't enough.

I love how there’s a standard protocol. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

Eat the fish while driving to Krispy Kreme where I go into the store because they give me a free doughnut to add to the dozen that I buy and eat.  Because, you know, 12 just isn't enough.

The key is that everything is consumed while it’s hot.  Otherwise, why bother?

San Antonio, TX

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

The key is that everything is consumed while it’s hot.  Otherwise, why bother?
    I have a friend who eats leftover fast food.  I am thinking about an intervention.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Focker
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    I’m on the other side of Iowa.  This side of the Missouri, in Omaha.  Didn’t think I’d see anyone say Potato Ole’s on here!  We’ll plan on splitting a six pack and a pound whenever we meet up. Or, quite possibly we’ll each tackle the deal.  It wouldn’t be my first time. Ha!
    Lol, sounds good to me.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    sambuca, white or black
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it