Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Tenderloins Glazed with Peach Preserves and Rosemary

Decided to make pork tenderloin tonight following APL's recipe for Pork Tenderloins Glazed with Peach Preserves and Rosemary.

http://www.adamperrylang.com/recipes/pork-tenderloins-glazed-with-peach-preserves-and-rosemary

It turned out amazing. My favorite meal in six months plus of egging. It was super easy to make. So easy, I could do it.

I didn't need too much prep, or too much cook time. My wife helped make Serious Eats potatoes to go alongside, thanks @The Cen-Tex Smoker for the idea.

Cooked at 400F just above the felt line. Seemed like it took longer than the recipe called for but I pulled em at 140F.

Mountain View, CA

Comments

• sirlancealotsirlancealot Posts: 506
    Looks good I know you enjoyed it. 
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    Yes sir... mighty fine... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SmokingPineySmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Perfectly cooked! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Nailed that temp! Nice!!
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,721
    pork tenderloins are the best kept secret in the meat department, cheap and just as tender when compared to beef tenderloin.  all it needs is a little added flavor, like your preserves.  

Next time you do them, use the oval grid on the rig's lowest notches and sear them there 500+ dome, then drop the egg's grid stop the rig to finish to desired doneness.  they will sear a bit more atop the rig.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,613
    Nice!  I love APL’s recipes, but often find they need a bit more time than the recipe calls for.  

His pork loin recipe with garlic and cilantro is another winner if you get a chance to try it.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• dmouratidmourati Posts: 363
    tjv said:
    pork tenderloins are the best kept secret in the meat department, cheap and just as tender when compared to beef tenderloin.  all it needs is a little added flavor, like your preserves.  

Next time you do them, use the oval grid on the rig's lowest notches and sear them there 500+ dome, then drop the egg's grid stop the rig to finish to desired doneness.  they will sear a bit more atop the rig.

t
    Hey, thanks for the tip. Could you restate the rig part? I'm not sure I followed.

Thanks.
    Mountain View, CA
  • 20stone20stone Posts: 1,481
    Nice looking plate of food. Well done. 
    LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,721

move the oval grid (grid under cooking grid) to the lowest notches, so it sits about an inch above the fire ring and sear the pork loins there. then add top grid and move loins up to top grid and finish to temperature doneness as in the picture.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    Was the recipe spicy? I saw the brine called for red pepper flakes. 
  • BikerBobBikerBob Posts: 226
    Next week that would be a good cook here. Too long since I did one. Thanks for pictures of the good eats.
    Cooking on the coast
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,613
    g8golfer said:
    It’s not particularly.  IIRC there’s a tiny bit of heat in the end result, but not much.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

g8golfer said:
    It’s not particularly.  IIRC there’s a tiny bit of heat in the end result, but not much.
    That was my experience too, not spicy. You could detect some heat in the after taste but it was subtle. There is peach nectar and peach juice in there as well which balances it out.
    Mountain View, CA
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,034
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,044
    What's up with the pea?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,859
    That looks fantastic 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    What's up with the pea?
    My wife said I had to eat something green.
    Mountain View, CA