Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GA-AL

Options

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    And with the loss of Frost, UCF goes right back to mediocrity. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Would you hedge this bet or let it ride?

I would bet $50 on pretty much any team to win $1,750.
    I felt those odds were a favorable bet and was shocked to see that on the board at +3500. At that time Eason was the qb, Chubb, Sony and swift running the ball and carter and smith on the D. I just don’t see how we could have been that big of a underdog. But if we don’t finish the drill nothing else matters. 
    Snellville, GA

• Thomasc18
    Thomasc18 Posts: 197
    Options
    Bama on top,  Roll Tide Roll!!!
    Madison, AL
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    And with the loss of Frost, UCF goes right back to mediocrity. 
    I hope they can bounce back from the loss of the coaching staff. They have a great fan base and I believe they can get someone in there to fill the shoes. They just need to try and get a more favorable schedule in the coming years in order to prove they are capible of getting up week after week and competing at the highest level. Let’s be honest very few auburn players, coaches or fans wanted to even be in the peach bowl. 
    Snellville, GA

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    To those who feel UCF got screwed, who would you have left out in order to put them in?
    Clemson

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Save one team, every one else comes up short.  At least Clemson got to the dance as did OU.  
    Brings back memories of the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's.  Four straight trips to the Super Bowl and four straight losses.  Still a remarkable achievement even to get there, let alone four in a row.  Forever "wide right."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I don’t really have a dawg in this fight, but I will be hoping for an Alabama loss.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not to hijack this thread, but let’s make it fun for everyone. Rules: Rule 1: If you have commented in this thread prior to this post you can disregard rule 2. Rule 2: If you post after this comment and want to win, your screen name or avatar must contain something to do with either UGA or bama and must remain that until I announce the winner Monday night. Rule 3: pick the final score of the game and the winner. Rule 4: Pick the total points scored even if you go over (this is in case of a tie). Whoever is the closest gets a $100 gift card to Ceramic Grill Store *edit- or Rockwood charcoal. Your choice. If there is a tie I will split it up among the winners. Cut off to enter is 6pm EST on Monday. If this thread gets the buffalo treatment before I record all entries then the fun is void. Please be nice Mr. Buffalo. I invite you to participate as well.

I will email the gift card (assuming this is possible) to the winner so no need to provide me with your physical address for those who are in the witness protection program. 

If this is breaking any rules I apologize. Just looking to make this fun for those who have no Dawg in the fight. 

GO DAWGS! 
    Snellville, GA

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Brings back memories of the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's.  Four straight trips to the Super Bowl and four straight losses.  Still a remarkable achievement even to get there, let alone four in a row.  Forever "wide right."
    Had to look it up... wide right was the first of the 4 games. And the only game that was even close. Still, 4 in a row is amazing! And 47 yards is a pretty long FG.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Would you hedge this bet or let it ride?

I would bet $50 on pretty much any team to win $1,750.
    Except the Bears and Browns  =)

EDIT: I didn’t see the contest comment before I posted. I’m definitely not in. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    What do you have to lose? 
    Snellville, GA

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    What do you have to lose? 
    No self respecting Tech grad would put up a UGA avatar. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Haha I can understand that for sure. I sure as heck would not put a yellow jacket as my avatar. At the same time I would think a Tech grad could read the rules and understand it’s not necessary for you to do so  =)
    Snellville, GA

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Haha I can understand that for sure. I sure as heck would not put a yellow jacket as my avatar. At the same time I would think a Tech grad could read the rules and understand it’s not necessary for you to do so  =)
    Bama is just as bad brother...
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I agree again. But, you still aren’t reading the rules correctly man. 
    Snellville, GA

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Most games are won in the trenches. Can you Dawg fans make an argument that your trenchman are as good if not better than Bama’s? A discussion point?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    etherdome said:
    There is no argument for UCF. Their schedule was nothing. Yes , they are good and possibly even great  but their schedule was weak and included teams such as Temple , east Carolina , Cincinnati, Maine, Austin Peay, Uconn, FIU, Maryland, etc
    Auburn beats UGA

Auburn beats Bam

UCF Beats Auburn

Bama UGA play for title

Got it

New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    Options
    I want UGA to lose more than I want Bama to win. Other than that, it's a regional game that Verne Lundquist needs to un-retire and call on CBS in a 3:30 game. Predict bad ratings. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Forgive me please, which of the 2 teams is from the big 10?  Geography has always challenged me. And what bowl game is UCF in?
    Ah, we have a Coattail riding Chanter ladies and gentleman! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @northGAcock I can argue the point but I’m not sure how confident I would be in backing it up. I’m pretty sure they are better than us in the trenches. I just hope we can find a way to make plays and not no anything stupid that would give them a free momentum boost. If we can contain Hurts with the front 4 I believe we will have a good chance. But that is a big if. Also really need to win the turnover battle. At the same time we very well could get embarrassed if we don’t at least put up a good fight on the lines. 
    Snellville, GA

• Markarm4119
    Options
    As a Lifelong Vol, I want a good game with the dawgs winning at the end, if for no other reason than just someone being champs ! 
    UCF having a championship parade is just sad, as the great Bear Bryant used to say "act like you've been there before" even if you haven't.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - I don't think the Georgia defense will get beaten by Hurts.  Several plays last Monday he seemed to appear "deer in the head-lights" but different circumstances this coming game.  Gonna be fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - I don't think the Georgia defense will get beaten by Hurts.  Several plays last Monday he seemed to appear "deer in the head-lights" but different circumstances this coming game.  Gonna be fun.  
    I hope you are right Lou. If they can’t beat us on offense that means their defense will be on the field a lot and we could seal the deal in the later part of the game. I think the key is we have to apply some pressure to hurts and keep him contained. Just like the cool cat from OK. Once we started getting pressure on him he quit picking up apart in the secondary. Indeed it’s going to be fun, win or lose. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I did not hear about the championship parade. That is humorous and I would be embarrassed if my team had a championship parade without winning a championship. Surely they are calling it the “peach bowl win” parade. 
    Snellville, GA

• etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    etherdome said:
    There is no argument for UCF. Their schedule was nothing. Yes , they are good and possibly even great  but their schedule was weak and included teams such as Temple , east Carolina , Cincinnati, Maine, Austin Peay, Uconn, FIU, Maryland, etc
    Auburn beats UGA

Auburn beats Bam

UCF Beats Auburn

Bama UGA play for title

Got it

You sound a little sore that you didn’t make the playoffs . I bet you were fine with it last year though (when you didnt win your conference, like Bama this year).  That’s what I have been hearing from Ohio State fans.   Last year it was all cool because they deserve to be in it but this year it’s BS . Got it.
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • etherdome
    edited January 2018
    Options
    etherdome said:
    Auburn beats UGA

Auburn beats Bam

UCF Beats Auburn

Bama UGA play for title

Got it

This has nothing to do with my post about there being no argument for UCF. That being said, most of it is  irrelevant to your argument Because then Georgia turned around and beat Auburn when it mattered  and UCF onlybplayed Auburn in the postseason bowl game. Alabama’s lost to Auburn was their first loss while Auburn already had two.  Furthermore, everyone knows that the A beat B , C beat A and therefore C could beat B theory doesn’t hold in college football.  I mean, hey... Syracuse beat Clemson .
    Upstate SC
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    If Miss State QB had not gotten hurt    It would be BAMA who since they would have lost to the 16th ranked team
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • etherdome
    Options
    That would have changed everything 
    Upstate SC
  • etherdome
    Options

And now time for a commercial break. Tri tip fresh off the egg. 
    Upstate SC
  • RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Options
    Go Dawgs!
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else