Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    So just who is doing the count down to Butt Blast 2018? I would but I'm not that good at counting!
    Jim, I aint the official time keeper....but this should hold you till one comes along. Get Kay to read the numbers to you!
    And northGAcock comes off the top rope with the flying elbow drop. Would expect nothing less. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Rasslin' could be a big part of BB.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I could bring the Crisco
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Foghorn said:
    I could bring the Crisco
    Something...uh...came up. not going to be able to make it 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Foghorn said:
    I could bring the Crisco
    I thought you said you were bringing the Jello?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I’m down with that. 

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @DoubleEgger you’re my boy blue 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    This sums up Butt Blast 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @DoubleEgger you’re my boy blue 
    Nothing wrong with that...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueboy_(magazine)
    Options
    @nolaegghead you are a sick human  =)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Trust me when I say that you have no idea.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    I second the motion.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    g8golfer said:
    I second the motion.
    I’ve only been around him for 3 days so I have somewhat of an idea. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    CTMike said:
    So just who is doing the count down to Butt Blast 2018? I would but I'm not that good at counting!
    Jim, I aint the official time keeper....but this should hold you till one comes along. Get Kay to read the numbers to you!
    And northGAcock comes off the top rope with the flying elbow drop. Would expect nothing less. 
    My buddy lobbed it out there.....just couldn't  let it go without mention. ;) Bottom line.....its the new year and time to turn to looking towards the event. Good time ahead for sure. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    My buddy lobbed it out there.....just couldn't  let it go without mention. ;) Bottom line.....its the new year and time to turn to looking towards the event. Good time ahead for sure. 
    He lobbed it out there and you had to hit it. Just like the wolfpack mentality, pick on the wounded animal while it is down, or you’re seen as weak and eaten by the pack. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @g8golfer
    I have known @nolaegghead since the first Brisket Camp.  I just don't know how you classify him as human.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    piney said:
    g8golfer said:
    @g8golfer
    I have known @nolaegghead since the first Brisket Camp.  I just don't know how you classify him as human.
    And he is considered family friendly too.... What a bonus!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    Options
    As a reminder, Butt Blast is a family friendly event. Why you’d believe that is beyond me. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    As a reminder, Butt Blast is a family friendly event. Why you’d believe that is beyond me. 

So says the Director of the Petting Zoo! we always believe everything you say brother Brent. We have brought our daughter EllieJ every year.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bgebrent said:

So says the Director of the Petting Zoo! we always believe everything you say brother Brent. We have brought our daughter EllieJ every year.
     Just want to say that Brent does a heck of a job with the zoo. He does not get the credit he deserves. I for one, think he has high potential for zoo doctoring given his professional and demonstrated event successes. Zoo’s are typically open 7 days a week, so that might be a problem.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

I have 5 or 6 bottles of brown water I will bring, along with Ol' Mortimer. 

On on another note, if one of you farkers lives near Woodford and wants to pick me up a bottle of Double Double Oaked I would be eternally grateful and reimburse the cost. 

@CTMike one of my buddies just got back from the Woodford Distillery. I asked him to pick up a bottle. He said they have been sold out of this year's Double Double since this summer and that she could put us on the list for next year's batch. Said they would call or email me when it comes available. If I've got anyone floating around there when it comes up I'll try and snag some.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CTMike
    Options

On on another note, if one of you farkers lives near Woodford and wants to pick me up a bottle of Double Double Oaked I would be eternally grateful and reimburse the cost. 

@CTMike one of my buddies just got back from the Woodford Distillery. I asked him to pick up a bottle. He said they have been sold out of this year's Double Double since this summer and that she could put us on the list for next year's batch. Said they would call or email me when it comes available. If I've got anyone floating around there when it comes up I'll try and snag some.
    Well thanks for trying, I appreciate it. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    CTMike said:

That is like an hour and a half from my house, if I am not traveling, I would be glad to pick some up for us, just add mine to the list.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:

We will figure out a way to get one of these to you.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Just a reminder, this is a family friendly event with a bunch of great cooks preparing amazing food with no fee entry.  The petting zoo is real and I'll promise to keep it kid friendly, during daylight hours  ;)
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @thetrim, there is a special fee for you, of course
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    This is giving me frigging seizures, bro.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    thetrim said:
    This is giving me frigging seizures, bro.
    There are anti seizure medications, sold through the petting zoo dispensary.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ok, now I'm like, please, b*tch, silence of the lambs
    thetrim said:
    "When the Fox hears the Rabbit scream he comes a-runnin', but not to help"