Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Get on your knees

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited September 2017 in Off Topic
You say you're tired of politicking in your football ? Well you are allowed to cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket Package. More importantly get a full refund.  
I don't know about you. But, I look forward to football all year and quite frankly if I want to hear or see politics I can see&hear that on any channel at any given time. When I turn on my game that's what I want to see the game!  
Happy Hump Day Eve. 
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    With you Blake. Not with the kneelers who choose the wrong avenue for protest. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    While I agree with you Blake, I think the players have the right to kneel. This is on the broadcasters and TV producer. Let the players kneel and then move on. No need for the play by play of whose kneeling and whose not. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    It seems like it is always white guys who don't like the football players protesting racism and police violence.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    While I agree with you Blake, I think the players have the right to kneel. This is on the broadcasters and TV producer. Let the players kneel and then move on. No need for the play by play of whose kneeling and whose not. 
    Of course they do brother. Poor choice of way to protest seems to me. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Yea and the politics on the forum provide many more opportunities for side-ways discussions and political discourse.  There is no chance a political thread will run its course on the same set of rails as initiated.  That's the theater of the forum.  This is a great lead-in to Friday but will it have the staying power...

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    Gee...wonder why...
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    WGAF
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    WGAF
    Cuz.  =)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    At this point , who is supporting/protesting what?? There are a few legitimate issues at play here but any reasonable attempt to address is overwhelmed by the politicking of the whole thing.   Too bad the 140 character twit wins in today's age.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Obviously there is no way to prove this but I've been wondering all day if everyone would have there panties in a wad if Kaepernick was protesting domestic violence instead in the same manner. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Kneeling or standing apparently is a week to week decision.  You have to keep up.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Many of the same folks that consider kneeling un-American celebrate an ethos of confederacy (of dunces, I say). 
    Options
    How many of you who work for an employer would be permitted to protest on company time, especially if your position did not align with your employer's?

I don't want to watch political protests, just the entertainment of the game. Similarly I don't want to listen to celebrities' political slants - just their entertainment. 

I'm obviously old school - I place my hand over my heart while standing for the national anthem, the raising or lowering of our beloved flag and our Pledge of Allegiance. 

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Obviously there is no way to prove this but I've been wondering all day if everyone would have there panties in a wad if Kaepernick was protesting domestic violence instead in the same manner. 
    Well said. Or protesting something ethnic in Houston and ignoring Puerto Rico. I probably just missed it. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    JNDATHP said:
    How many of you who work for an employer would be permitted to protest on company time, especially if your position did not align with your employer's?

I don't want to watch political protests, just the entertainment of the game. Similarly I don't want to listen to celebrities' political slants - just their entertainment. 

I'm obviously old school - I place my hand over my heart while standing for the national anthem, the raising or lowering of our beloved flag and our Pledge of Allegiance. 

Lemmings can be good people. 
    Options
    JNDATHP said:

I'm sure there are good people on both sides.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Funny how the lemming assignment came from the lemmings. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    JNDATHP said:

Lemmings! I miss that game!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Focker
    Options
    Hockey starts Oct 4th.
    Will the US players kneel for the NA, then stand up for O Canada?  We'll definitely need a play by play for both.
    Go HAWKS!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Focker said:
    Hockey starts Oct 4th.
    Will the US players kneel for the NA, then stand up for O Canada?  We'll definitely need a play by play for both.
    Go HAWKS!
    WGAF
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Funny how the lemming assignment came from the lemmings. 
    Very lemming thing to say.
    Options
    JNDATHP said:

Lemmings are animals that, without thought, follow the one in front of them. 

Political discourse, by its very definition, requires independence. You need not agree with me, but please explain your position with thoughtful criticism as opposed to personal attack. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • Focker
    Options
    JNDATHP said:
    JNDATHP said:

Lemmings are animals that, without thought, follow the one in front of them. 

Political discourse, by its very definition, requires independence. You need not agree with me, but please explain your position with thoughtful criticism as opposed to personal attack. 
    I don't think thoughtful criticism is possible fer the ol' nola-it-all.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bgebrent
    Options
    Focker said:
    Hockey starts Oct 4th.
    Go HAWKS!
    Soccer already started. Learn a real sport.  =)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    At least they have eligible ones. Duke’s not so much. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Are any college players kneeling?  What would happen if a military academy player kneeled?
    Signal Mountain, TN