Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pigfest! (with lots of pictures)

Options
The kids are home on leave and told me they wanted something pork related before they had to return to duty.  Challenge accepted!  We started with breakfast:  A breakfast fattie with homemade smoked jalapeno sausage and made from scratch biscuits.... and Death Wish Coffee. You cannot forget the coffee.  It was awesome.

This definitely started the day out right.   After this, we had no need for lunch.

Dinner had a little more variety with a batch of pork belly burnt ends and a really tasty rack of ribs.  The burnt ends were seasoned with Meat Church's Honey Hog Hot and finished with Mitch Meat Whomp Sauce.    These went on the BGE.

The ribs had a rub of Holy Gospel  and then slathered with a combination of Meat Mitch Table Sauce and Garlic Paste.  I used a 2-2-1  timeframe  wrapped the ribs in foil  for the middle cook.  The last hour had more Table Sauce .   I got the Traeger fired up for these beauties:

Add to this pig fest feast some tasty side of corn on the cob, salad and small potatoes and you have A LOT of food.  

Dessert will be some bourbon soaked grilled pineapple.    Unfortunately no pictures of that - they were gone too quick!

It's a good thing that the boys were hungry.  
In cooking you have to have a what-the-hell attitude. The only real stumbling block is fear of failure.   ~Julia Child

LBGE, 22" Traeger, and a  FireDisc deep in the heart of Texas

Comments