Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: 17 Day Vacation!!!!

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    bgebrent said:
    Pisses me off that the job numbers are so good and the market is soooo mediocre.  No comparison to brother Obama's terms.
    Damn fine trend line in the US unemployment rate during Obama's tenure:

Thanks Obama!

Speaking of jobs numbers, this was kinda interesting, if not surprising:

http://thehill.com/regulation/345351-trump-breaks-jobs-report-comment-rule?amp#oo
    Saw that earlier. It is a bit of an odd rule, only applies to the Executive branch. Nonetheless, it is a rule, and should be followed. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    DMW said:
    SoCalTim said:
    To be honest, i didn't read but only a couple posts on this thread, my take is that its a 'bash Trump' posting.

I don't involve myself with 'group think'. Mr Trump is MY President and he has my unwavering support ... I cannot be swayed.

FYI, I offer the same unwavering support with anyone who i am friends with in my life. 
    Why in the world would you offer unwavering support to any elected official? I view all elected officials with skepticism, most of them deserve it.
    He's just not an elected official. He's a once in a lifetime President, the likes of what we'll possibly ever see again. Now i know ill probably get some sort of smartas* response to what I just wrote, but i can honest close my eyes and see exactly what kind of hell-hole world we would be living if Hillary would have won. It would have just been more of the same old nonsense we've been seeing for the last 50 years. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    EGGjlmh said:
    Wow, it seems some people are still bitter about Hillary getting beat
    Not at all. Once this clown actually accomplishes something meaningful for the American people I will be the first to applaud. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Trump is what America needed to finally get serious about our future. This is as low as we can go. America will be great again, because of Trump, the people will ditch his asz, next election.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    YukonRon said:
    Trump is what America needed to finally get serious about our future. This is as low as we can go. America will be great again, because of Trump, the people will ditch his asz, next election.
    I have my doubts. With our current two party system, he will be be put up again on the (R) ticket (barring impeachment). I don't see any form of potential leadership on the (D) side of things. Sad state of affairs...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    We have one in Kentucky, that will be knocking on the door in 2024. A Lt. Colonel, former Marine fighter pilot, combat experience and decorated.
    She will be in DC soon.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Y'all need to knock off the political crap and get back to posting your cooks like @HeavyG
  • YukonRon
    This is a cooking thread?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    YukonRon said:
    We have one in Kentucky, that will be knocking on the door in 2024. A Lt. Colonel, former Marine fighter pilot, combat experience and decorated.
    She will be in DC soon.
    Sure hope so. I've already donated a Benjamin to her.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    @Legume - I don't cook at this time of the day, I just stumble to Sheetz...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I just cooked a bunch of sh!t and had a few friends over.  What did I miss?
    Dwayne F'd up and walking to Sheetz.  Check.

Heavy G-money, probably doesn't drink, but no one knows, still can troll like a gangsta from, like, Brentwood.

YukonRon, never out of wine, bored...wife's cat - can't kill it, take out angst on forum.

And other stuff. 

Man, I'm bored. 
    edited August 2017
    Legume said:
    Y'all need to knock off the political crap and get back to posting your cooks like @HeavyG
    If I thought that my pix of a pork butt or chicken wings that I’ve cooked would add something of value to the approximately 2.3 gazillion pork butt/chicken wing photos already available on the World Wide Web I might actually post one.

Naaaahh…that’s a lie, I probably still wouldn't.

I’m kinda like that dog on the old Dlck Van Dyke show that hadn’t eaten anything in 6 years. I’m a Breatharian thus I don’t cook/eat. All I consume is the pranic light.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    Dwayne F'd up and walking to Sheetz.  Check.

Heavy G-money, probably doesn't drink, but no one knows, still can troll like a gangsta from, like, Brentwood.

YukonRon, never out of wine, bored...wife's cat - can't kill it, take out angst on forum.

And other stuff. 

Man, I'm bored. 
    That is some funny shid. You should write a book. Seriously.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    I got a lot of angst.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Did I mention my wife has two cats?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That's what your mom said.

Folks, I'm taking a 17 hour vacation.  (probably not as I promised my fishing buddy I'd help rewire his boat at 9AM.)

I hate/love life. 
    Wolfpack said:
    HeavyG said:
    =) Just needs a rest from making the stock market soar since October. I could have retired early if he had started in 2008. =)=)
    Notice the DJIA trend line over the past decade? What does that tell you?

Thanks Obama!!

Government spending fiscal policy at its finest.  It was terrible before him and then went into over drive. 

Same story here. What you need to look at are the numbers pre 2008 in terms of Govt income and expenditure. What you find in the UK is that as Govt income increased, Govt spending increased based on the premis that the income would always be there. Since said income (in UK at least, probably in US too) was based on a debt fuelled bubble based on rampant property price inflation, the income was bound to crash at some point, leaving only the expenditure ..........

Funny, in UK we had a Left of centre Govt and in US Right, yet they still made the same stupid mistake aided by central banks who ignored the problem to keep the politicians happy. Everyone loves a bubble until it's over.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    SoCalTim said:
    DMW said:
    SoCalTim said:
    To be honest, i didn't read but only a couple posts on this thread, my take is that its a 'bash Trump' posting.

I don't involve myself with 'group think'. Mr Trump is MY President and he has my unwavering support ... I cannot be swayed.

FYI, I offer the same unwavering support with anyone who i am friends with in my life. 
    Why in the world would you offer unwavering support to any elected official? I view all elected officials with skepticism, most of them deserve it.
    He's just not an elected official. He's a once in a lifetime President, the likes of what we'll possibly ever see again. Now i know ill probably get some sort of smartas* response to what I just wrote, but i can honest close my eyes and see exactly what kind of hell-hole world we would be living if Hillary would have won. It would have just been more of the same old nonsense we've been seeing for the last 50 years. 
    We are seeing a new kind of nonsense with Trump in the White House, that's for damn sure.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Trump is nothing new. Promising everyone everything and then being unable to deliver is an age old populist political story.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I wonder if Trump's Mother in Law will tag along on the taxpayer's dime for the vacation.    Oh, no, that was the last guy. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    Say goodbye to the GOP. Donald and Mitch have ensured it's demise.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    Say goodbye to the GOP. Donald and Mitch have ensured it's demise.
    Maybe the DNC strategy worked afterall.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Eoin said:
    Trump is nothing new. Promising everyone everything and then being unable to deliver is an age old populist political story.
    If you think the biggest problem with Trump is failing to deliver on promises, well, have I got news for you.
  • YukonRon
    Eoin said:
    If you think the biggest problem with Trump is failing to deliver on promises, well, have I got news for you.
    The problem is not Trump, it is the people that put him in power.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    YukonRon said:
    Eoin said:
    There is no need to choose.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited August 2017
    YukonRon said:
    Eoin said:

I don't totally fault the people that put him there, although I can't say he surprises me one bit, I saw him coming. I didn't help him get in.
    I fault the people that still back him. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    Eoin said:
    There is no need to choose.
    This is the truth.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Do you guys switch hands from time to time? This must get tiring.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio