Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Akorn Jr. for $91 @ Amazon

HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,030
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
Amazon has the Akorn Jr. on sale for just $91 today.

They are out of them and delivery is listed as 2-5 weeks but that is the best price I've seen (usually $150).

EDIT:

If you are inclined to shop at WallyWorld they are also currently selling them for the same price as Amazon.

Camped out in the (757/804)

Comments

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,161
    That's a killer deal. 
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,963
    Prime Member only purchase
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 1,525
    Walmart too

John - SLC, UT

2 XLs, Medium, MM, and Mini

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,161
    Photo Egg said:
    "Try Prime free for 30 days"....
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,030
    Walmart too
    Yeah, I added Walmart to my post once I realized it was only for Prime members.
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,682
    Thanks for spending my money- one ordered. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,193
    That's a great portable grill.  It'll save you a hernia operation over lugging around a big chunk of green ceramic that does the same thing.

Wolfpack said:
    Thanks for spending my money- one ordered. 
    You're welcome! :)

The last thing I need was another grill but at that price I ordered one myself. More luggable than my KJ Jr. 

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,963
    Photo Egg said:
    I'm saving my 30 days free for a time when I really need it.
    The one thing I have noticed, and I do order from Amazon all the time as a non prime member, their shipping time is getting real slow most of the time. Now it's normally a week before any item ships. 2 years ago it was 1 or 2 days and it was shipped.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • masomaso Posts: 240
    Photo Egg said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I'm saving my 30 days free for a time when I really need it.
    The one thing I have noticed, and I do order from Amazon all the time as a non prime member, their shipping time is getting real slow most of the time. Now it's normally a week before any item ships. 2 years ago it was 1 or 2 days and it was shipped.
    I've had prime for several years now. Maybe that's also a unwritten benefit to prime? Most (95%) of my items ship out the same day or first thing the following morning. 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
    Ordered mine from Walmart. Got an email 30 minutes after saying it was ready for pickup at the store by my house. 

John - SLC, UT

• StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 1,941
    Jet also has the Akorn Jr. for $91 and free shipping, plus 15 percent off your first three orders. I have no desire for one, but I still find that tempting.
    Stillwater, MN
    Jet also has the Akorn Jr. for $91 and free shipping, plus 15 percent off your first three orders. I have no desire for one, but I still find that tempting.
    Walmart owns Jet so not too surprising the price might be the same.
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,263
    Damn, that's tempting. Anyone got one or used it?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
    @Carolina Q has one and loves it. It has great reviews across the interwebs also. 

John - SLC, UT

• In case some of you do not know, when you order something with Amazon Prime, notice at checkout there is an option for slower shipping and you can get a credit. It is a nice option because for some things 2 or 3 days longer does not matter.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,043
    Regarding order fulfillment, the system is set up to reward those who pay a premium (no issue with that).  I live within 25 miles of the closest Amazon warehouse (and 70 miles from the next one).  No prime customer here  but their order and shipping processes push the "premium customers" to the head of the line.  I understand and am fine with that.  FWIW-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Damn. Didnt see this thread earlier. 

Little Rock, AR

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,043
    @Biggreenpharmacist - well it is Friday eve.  Playing nice here  ;)
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Dont play nice for me. I dont give a sh!t if yall wanna give me hell. 

Little Rock, AR

For folks that shop at Walmart you might hit Brickseek and see if any stores have these. Some in my area are showing a price of $74!!!

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52497353
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,623
    I feel there should be some sort of courtesy PSA prior to creating an account here. "By creating an account you agree to loose morals, egging, bourbon and have no attachment issues with money"....or something to that affect.  Nice set-up for an extremely reasonable price. 
    If not for the Bourbon...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,676
    HeavyG said:
    For folks that shop at Walmart you might hit Brickseek and see if any stores have these. Some in my area are showing a price of $74!!!

Stop it. I need another cooker like I need another hole in my head. That link shows there are three available at the Walmart within stumbling distance for $74. Tomorrow is another day...
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:

Stop it. I need another cooker like I need another hole in my head. That link shows there are three available at the Walmart within stumbling distance for $74. Tomorrow is another day...
    Dwayne,  just cuz you got a 2X doesn't mean your dried up!
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,676
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:

Still haven't put fire in the XXL, if I add another grill, pretty sure legal proceedings will follow shortly thereafter...
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • Wolfie51sbWolfie51sb Posts: 261
    blind99 said:
    Damn, that's tempting. Anyone got one or used it?
    I love mine. I don't use it for indirect or slow cooks. Love how it gets to temp quickly and is a miser with lump. The cooking area is more than enough for our family of three.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:

Still haven't put fire in the XXL, if I add another grill, pretty sure legal proceedings will follow shortly thereafter...
    I know some good attorneys, however, I like your approach.
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,291
    Do it Dwayne.  You can hide it in the XXL.
    Austin, TX
  • HeavyG said:

3 stores in my area have them for $74.  Dang, might have to pull the trigger.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone